Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MODs] Jelly Bean Collection for Galaxy Note! [CM9/PARANOID/AOSP/AOKP/MIUI/SAMMY]

Tip us?

MamaSaidWhat?
Old
(Last edited by MamaSaidWhat?; 16th July 2012 at 01:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Default [MODs] Jelly Bean Collection for Galaxy Note! [CM9/PARANOID/AOSP/AOKP/MIUI/SAMMY]

Hey everybody, I've noticed that we don't have a complete Jelly Bean collection for the Note here at xda. So, I thought I would share my findings of various visual enhancements (from Android 4.1) with you all, so your Note can get some Jelly Bean love!

I have uploaded the boot animation, font, wallpapers, live wallpaper, animations, keyboard and lockscreen that I have spent ridiculous amounts of time searching the web for to my dropbox for everyone to enjoy

Here is the download link: http://db.tt/SnUP2OZH (all the downloads are in the folder, and are named obviously so just download whatever you want!)

The boot animation is to be renamed to "bootanimation.zip" and placed in 'System > Media', the fonts/animations are to be flashed directly via CWM Recovery (they SHOULD work for everybody now), the wallpapers are to be unzipped (using 7zip/Winrar on your PC or AndroZip on your Note) and placed in a folder and the live wallpaper/keyboard/lockscreen can be installed as normal .apk files.

I have tested all of the mods from above on my Note with PARANOID 0.4 and they all work exactly as intended. Many people have said that the animations + font work on AOSP/AOKP/MIUI/SAMSUNG ROMs but this is not 100% guaranteed (what really is in the dev world though?) so do make a nandroid backup before flashing any of the mods on ANY ROM. Please do leave feedback and tell me + everybody else if they work for you and tell us what ROM you are using. A "thanks" would be greatly appreciated too

All previews, with the exception of the animations are featured below:

Here is the Boot Animation:

]

Here is a preview of the font:

Here is a preview of the wallpapers:

Here is a preview of the live wallpaper:

Here is a preview of the keyboard:

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a preview of the lockscreen:

[IMG][/IMG]

Credits to Beansoft for the keyboard, Wasabi for the live wallpaper, kevin2516 for the working font, hikarugo + shoman94 for the working animations, Mobint Software for the lockscreen and Google for their beautiful wallpapers and boot animation!

Also, a big thanks to RuffianImmodesty, zooq, jimpsar and OJ1618 for being my testers!

OnePlus One | Mahdi ROM | Mahdi Kernel

HTC Magic > HTC Desire HD > Samsung Galaxy SII > Samsung Galaxy Note > Samsung Galaxy Note II > Sony Xperia Z > LG Nexus 4 > LG Nexus 5
The Following 81 Users Say Thank You to MamaSaidWhat? For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kvsandeepreddy
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Awesome mate... thank u.....
The Following User Says Thank You to kvsandeepreddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OJ1618
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Great! Would the animations and fonts work on AOSP/AOKP based ROMs?

mauronedj
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Tank you for the wallpapers man!

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mauronedj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MamaSaidWhat?
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsandeepreddy View Post
Awesome mate... thank u.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauronedj View Post
Tank you for the wallpapers man!

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2
You are both very welcome I'm just passing on whatever I find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ1618 View Post
Great! Would the animations and fonts work on AOSP/AOKP based ROMs?
I'm not 100% sure if they would, but if you want to make a nandroid backup and give it a go, then be my guest. If anybody does discover that the fonts + animations work on AOKP/AOSP then would they be so kind as to tell me? I'll credit them for their time + effort

OnePlus One | Mahdi ROM | Mahdi Kernel

HTC Magic > HTC Desire HD > Samsung Galaxy SII > Samsung Galaxy Note > Samsung Galaxy Note II > Sony Xperia Z > LG Nexus 4 > LG Nexus 5

OJ1618
Old
(Last edited by OJ1618; 9th July 2012 at 10:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSaidWhat? View Post

I'm not 100% sure if they would, but if you want to make a nandroid backup and give it a go, then be my guest. If anybody does discover that the fonts + animations work on AOKP/AOSP then would they be so kind as to tell me? I'll credit them for their time + effort
I will try it on my other Note, which I use for testing purposes. It has M3dD0g´s LiquidSmooth on board.

I'll give it a shot and report back!

UPDATE: The animations work perfectly fine on M3dD0g's LiquidSmooth, but I don't see any changes regarding the font!

Thanks for providing the collection.

Sent from my StuNNed Galaxy Note
The Following User Says Thank You to OJ1618 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

underlines
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Nobody got the keyboard "LatinImeGoogle.apk" working tried to extract the apk from a deodexed 4.1 but can't push to system/apps

Previous devices
Compaq iPaq 3630 > Sony Ericsson K750 > Samsung SGH-D600 > Nokia N91 > Nokia N95 > Apple iPhone 3G > HTC Magic > Google Nexus S > Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)

Akiainavas
Old
(Last edited by Akiainavas; 9th July 2012 at 09:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Does JellyBean use different fonts than ICS ?

EDIT: Neverming, already flashed it to check. Not sure i like the new font though Thanks for the package anyway!

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

svisto77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
tanks mate
The Following User Says Thank You to svisto77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Warnahly
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Thanks for this mate...
but plz i wanna ask i took the bootanimation but when i try to copy it to system>media i cant find the media folder
i'm a noob so plz dont judge me !!!