XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

STRAIGHT TALK SIM NOT BEING RECOGNIZED by GALAXY NOTE I717

Tip us?

edfx00
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default STRAIGHT TALK SIM NOT BEING RECOGNIZED by GALAXY NOTE I717

I have a Straight Talk Sim.. with my Unlocked NOTE ..actually now I have 3 ST SIMS as the 1st 2 were thought maybe defective and ST sent me 2 replacements.

None of them get recognized as the message " No SIM Card" just pops up with all 3. Its not the APN settings, as I have tried all suggested and they are primarily for data and not the phone.

Any suggestions here? I have talked at length to both Samsung and ST and tehy each say its the other. Phone works fine with a TMOB SIM.

Thank you.

alewis2k12
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfx00 View Post
I have a Straight Talk Sim.. with my Unlocked NOTE ..actually now I have 3 ST SIMS as the 1st 2 were thought maybe defective and ST sent me 2 replacements.

None of them get recognized as the message " No SIM Card" just pops up with all 3. Its not the APN settings, as I have tried all suggested and they are primarily for data and not the phone.

Any suggestions here? I have talked at length to both Samsung and ST and tehy each say its the other. Phone works fine with a TMOB SIM.

Thank you.
It seems to me its gotta be the sim cards...bcuz i use ST with my note with no problems...and now using it with my s3 without any issues at all...from wat u posted its the sim cards...especially if phone recognize the Tmobile sim card...
Phone:HTC M8
Rom: Testing
Kernel: Faux

Previous Devices: Sprint S5,ATT Note 3,Htc One,Optimus LG Pro, Att Galaxy S4, Nexus 4,Iphone 5 black and white one lol, At&t Galaxy Note 2,International s3, At&t S3, At&t One X, At&t Galaxy Note, International Note, International S3, Iphone 4, At&t Skyrocket, Sprint S2, HTC Vivid, Galaxy Prevail

Sports lol: New Orleans SAINTS!!!!!!
WHO DAT NATION..

DONT FORGET THANKS BUTTON..

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1,679
Just stick the sim cards in another phone, then you'll know for sure its the ST sims.

madpb
Old
Thanks Meter 17
That is interesting because there a quite a few Note's on ST SIM cards..
Rarely if ever does a SIM card go bad unless it was chewed by a dog or hit by a lightening bolt.
There is something very simple yet wrong. Wrong SIM card? It is in backwards or upside down something like that.
Why is your phone 'unlocked'? The StraightTalk SIM card should already be for the AT&T phone so no need for unlocking.

aj_vogtman
Old
Thanks Meter 10
You don't need to unlock but if your ESN was carrier locked that would explain it. Phone under contract but customer stops paying on 2 year contract and it gets the boot. Just one of many examples of how to get a carrier lock.
My AT&T carrier unlocked/rooted Note ran on Tmobile and is now on ST.

These are the only settings that work right for me. Although the phone should boot with the ST SIM even if these are wrong.

edfx00
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes I messed with the APN settings .. and yet those are for data . The phone as you have mentioned should boot automatically and yes many Galaxy NOtes are using Straight Talk. Now I have 3 different SIMS not working !? And yes they are in correctly etc.. if they weren't the Tmob SIM wouldnt work either.

I bought the phone New and it came unlocked as I prefer it that way rather than deal with ATT. I also travel abroad.

It's been a head scratcher.... Though I know the answer has to be out there.. I cant believe I have 3 bad SIMS in a row.

I am open to suggestions. Thank you.

pangyahit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ok good to know, please let me know how it goes for you, as I am also in the same boat and trying to use SL for my lovely note

Twiq
Old
Thanks Meter 1,100
did you flash custom roms?
you might want to take a look at your device informations, especially the IMEI, if its not your correct IMEI it means you've wrecked your /efs partition, search for EFS recovery to fix your imei and your sim card not recognized issue

SGS2 | CPU Group 5 running SlimKat / SlimSaber 4.4 powered by Dorimanx Test Builds
200Mhz: 800mV | 500Mhz: 875mV | 800Mhz: 975mV | 1000Mhz: 1025mV | 1200Mhz: 1150mV

edfx00
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Originally I did not..I inserted into the stock ROM. That didnt work , So then I flashed custom ROMS.. 3 different ones.. and they didnt work.

I dont understand what you mean by not the right IMEI ? Its a number.. the SIM doesnt screen IMEI's ? I bought it brand new about 6 weeks ago from Negri Electronics which specializes in unlocked phones.

aj_vogtman
Old
Thanks Meter 10
They have a very good resellerating but one customer Lawrence reports something that would explain your case:
"Some of their unlocked phones (unlocked-originally branded) have the problem that they come with generic IMEI 004999010640000, this imei is generic and it is not unique. Phone won't get service in some countries(i.e UK) and it is a matter of time before this imei gets banned in US. Negri recognizes the problem but won't repair or exchange the phone, read their store policies before buying......................".