Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ANY ROMs FOR AN OEM A13 MID TABLET????

Tip us?

jfarhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default ANY ROMs FOR AN OEM A13 MID TABLET????

Hey Everyone, I purchased this real cheap tablet from ebay a 7" A13 MID tablet (OEM), and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these tablets. I keep getting a FC error and would like to just wife the device and install a custom ICS rom to it.

Any assistance or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfarhat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FaceTheSlayer
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I also have a generic A13 MID tablet with ICS 4.03. It would be cool if someone created a CM9 rom for this soc. So far I only found this ROM here but I haven't tried it yet.

jfarhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Thank you for the information, is there any info on how to install a custom rom on these devices?

FaceTheSlayer
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Description is in that link, you need to use Live suite 1.09 (google it) and a valid image.
The Following User Says Thank You to FaceTheSlayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfarhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Thank you, I am going to give it a try.

horzz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt a13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarhat View Post
Thank you, I am going to give it a try.
You said you were going to have a try. Have you flased it yet? Plz post back. I need to flash mine too. need some expert advice..
The Following User Says Thank You to horzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfarhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by horzz View Post
You said you were going to have a try. Have you flased it yet? Plz post back. I need to flash mine too. need some expert advice..
Yeah, I tried it and it did not work. The ROM does not support the touch screen on the device. But in the thread, I found a lot of people that had this same problem. So, you will find there links to five other ROM that may work for you. I tried two of them and one of them the touch screen was slightly response, on my second ROM I got fully touch screen functionality. It seems to work well and better than the original ROM on the tablet. No forced close etc.... I have not tried the other ROMs yet, I might in the next few weeks.

the ROM that worked for me was the eliveupdate one. I have not yet tried the Teclast_p76TI-r1-3_4.03_GAPPS_r2 nor Teclast_p76TI-r4_4.03_GAPPS_r2. Also I have not yet tried the Tragidy-A13-Hyper-Jelly-404C-Mali.

I forget the name of the file that did not work but it started out with something like "soni----------". I already delete that file from my computer.

it is worth changing the ROM, the original ROM sucks big time and constantly would have errors, now the device is usable. While it is a low end device with low end specs.....it is a great device for my son (6 yrs old) and now it is fully functional without any errors popping up.

good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to jfarhat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

horzz
Old
(Last edited by horzz; 23rd October 2012 at 04:00 AM.) Reason: :) silly mistake
Thanks Meter 1
Default momo stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarhat View Post
Yeah,...... without any errors popping up.....good luck!
thanks.. but i already flashed it!! Was too curious..my first flash!
Every thing worked fine.. but the touch screen is responding in a reversed manner!! Suppose i touch the left, its sensing the right, n so on!

I am going to give a try to the others too.. n specially that you are using now.. are the sensors working on it fine??

jfarhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by horzz View Post
thanks.. but i already flashed it!! Was too curious..my first flash!
Every thing worked fine.. but the touch screen is responding in a reversed manner!! Suppose i touch the left, its sensing the right, n so on!

I am going to give a try to the others too.. n specially that you are using now.. are the sensors working on it fine??

Well, that's the nice thing about flashing ROMs....if it doesn't work or you don't like it, you can always flash back to the original or another ROM.

The other ROMs on that site are better than the original ROM on the device and really help make the device usable. Good Luck!!

jfarhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
sorry forgot to mention that the sensors and everything seem to be working fine. I'll try the other three ROM later this weekend and let you know (if I actually get a chance to do so), how they worked...or didn't work.