█ [HOW TO] Flash BADA 2.0 on your Wave 1 (S-8500)

Search This thread

ATMOSF3AR

Jan 10, 2012
New Delhi
danishprakash.wordpress.com
I've seen many Indian & Other Country users having this problem, whenever they connect to Kies it states that their Firmware is latest or GT S-8500 does not suport initialization..........although they are running BADA 1.2
So here's your Solution

Things You’ll Need

• Firmware - http://www.samfirmware.com [Search for your model w.r.t your Country]

• Multiloader - http://uploaded.to/file/4id4wg9q

Instructions

• First of all Extract the Firmware package.

• Then switch off your Phone and remove sim card & Memory card before the process.

• Also, don’t forget to do a Backup.

• Then (while the phone is turned off) Hold Volume Down + Lock Key + Power Off key for a few Seconds until you see ‘Download Mode’ on the Screen.

• Now, connect your phone to your PC via USB.

• Now in Multiloader you must see COM4[Ready] or COM5 [Ready]…..or something like that appearing after connecting the phone.

• Now (in Multiloader) check LSI. Then check boot and check Full Download.

• After that select click boot and select the folder ‘Boot Files’

• Then Click on ‘Port Search’. & Then click ‘Download’

• Now let the phone restart and pull out the batteries and again put it back in Download Mode.

• After that, click ‘Amss; and select the ‘Amms’ file.

• click ‘apps’ and select the ‘apps_compressed’ file

• click ‘rsrc1′ and select the ‘Rsrc_S8500_[Country]_ODD’ file

• click ‘Rsrc2′ and select the ‘Rsrc2_S8500(Low)’ file

• click ‘CSC’ and select ‘CSC_S8500_[Country]_ODD.csc’ file

• click ‘SHP APP’ and select ‘ShpApp.app’ file

• click ‘FOTA’ and select ‘bplib_S8500Op[Country]Common.fota’ file

[ALL THE ABOVE FILES ARE TO BE SELECTED FROM THE FIRMWARE PACKAGE]

• then click ‘Port Search’ and after that Finally click ‘Download’ and Wait for the phone to Restart and you’re DONE.

• Ask if any problems

• Hit the THANKS Button if i helped you at any Moment

daveee143

Mar 27, 2011
My device is boot loop in Samsung logo, and i can't figure out what version of rom is this, is there any other way to figure it out? thanks

Rodrigosdw

Dec 6, 2010
Rosario, ARGENTINA!
Hi! i have a friend who have a Wave 8500L , im from ARGENTINA, and there is no actualization in my country , the closest one is from VENEZUELA, but it changes the PDA and CSC

-------------------------------------------------------------Bada-----------PDA-----------------------CSC

Venezuela 2012 May--------------------------------2.0--------S8500LVHLE1------------S8500LVMTLE1

Argentina (Personal) 2011 December--------1.2S-----8500LVDKH1 ## *--------S8500LPSNKH1

So, if i use the VENEZUELA one, is there any risks or something?? what changes there would be??

thanks! and sorry for my english!

Last edited:

plsoft

Dec 28, 2011
Getting the following error, please help. Tried twice but no success.

wv2ulv.jpg

hero355

Dec 10, 2011
Baku
I have downloaded the XELF1 firmware (Russia). Where dafuq are those boot files?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And btw...do I need to root my phone to get 2.0 and after to install a custom rom?
Hi XELF1 is update so it is normal for empty boot files
I suggest Download full firmware for Russia XELB2 and after flashing try update with XELF1
and Rooting is for android.Bada doesn't need root ;)

ypeo

Jul 11, 2009
Bruxelles
Hi,
I have search a lot to find out if i can upgrade, my daughter's Wave 533 GT-S5330 (bada 1.1), to bada 2.0.
I know how to use downloader V5.65, i have update the... not sure if is firmware, and now the phone look like a bada 2.0, have chaton, still the bada 1.1 is the version.
Please light me.

Thank's in advance.

hero355

Dec 10, 2011
Baku
Hi,
I have search a lot to find out if i can upgrade, my daughter's Wave 533 GT-S5330 (bada 1.1), to bada 2.0.
I know how to use downloader V5.65, i have update the... not sure if is firmware, and now the phone look like a bada 2.0, have chaton, still the bada 1.1 is the version.
Please light me.

Thank's in advance.
Hi.There is no bada 2.0 for small waves like 525,533.There is only bada 1.1 value pack.You can find firmware on Sammobile

Best Regards

Reactions: ypeo

ypeo

Jul 11, 2009
Bruxelles
Thank you very much hero355 for your fast reply, even if you destroy my dreams :). So i have bada 1.1 value pack, chaton, android theme and... that's IT!
I use a SGS with CM9, and my daughter (11 years) made a crush for Android, i will buy one if she will have the good results on the school :D.

Thank you again.

ovu85

Sep 22, 2011
just done flashing bada 2.0 to old wave, DON"T FORGET TO ALSO SELECT "Factory FS" otherwise installation will fail.

brljak83

Aug 4, 2011
Sarajevo
Worked for me!!
I have seen the post, It's impressive :) lol

Well, i had to unlock the network but then I got only sos calls
And the problem with the only sos calls were old sim card

I just changed the sim card at my provider and it works!!

Thank you a lot!!!

zooperaj

Jan 20, 2014
Mumbai
I updated Bada 1.2 to Bada 2 through Kies.

Now I wish to install a custom rom. But in case something goes wrong, i should be having Bada 2 firmware to flash again. I searched extensively for Bada 2 firmware for Wave GT-S8500. I could downloaf zip from Sammobile. But while opening the file i get a mesaage "the file you are trying to open is either not an archive or is damaged". Without backup Bada 2, i cannot go ahead with custom rom.

Could anyone provide me with Bada 2 zip?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

On sammobile site there are two firmware files for same pda and csc for GT-S8500. One is an Android 2 version and another is a Bada 2 version. I wonder what could be Android 2 version. Can anybody explain this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've seen many Indian & Other Country users having this problem, whenever they connect to Kies it states that their Firmware is latest or GT S-8500 does not suport initialization..........although they are running BADA 1.2
    So here's your Solution

Things You’ll Need

• Firmware - http://www.samfirmware.com [Search for your model w.r.t your Country]

• Multiloader - http://uploaded.to/file/4id4wg9q

Instructions

• First of all Extract the Firmware package.

• Then switch off your Phone and remove sim card & Memory card before the process.

• Also, don’t forget to do a Backup.

• Then (while the phone is turned off) Hold Volume Down + Lock Key + Power Off key for a few Seconds until you see ‘Download Mode’ on the Screen.

• Now, connect your phone to your PC via USB.

• Now in Multiloader you must see COM4[Ready] or COM5 [Ready]…..or something like that appearing after connecting the phone.

• Now (in Multiloader) check LSI. Then check boot and check Full Download.

• After that select click boot and select the folder ‘Boot Files’

• Then Click on ‘Port Search’. & Then click ‘Download’

• Now let the phone restart and pull out the batteries and again put it back in Download Mode.

• After that, click ‘Amss; and select the ‘Amms’ file.

• click ‘apps’ and select the ‘apps_compressed’ file

• click ‘rsrc1′ and select the ‘Rsrc_S8500_[Country]_ODD’ file

• click ‘Rsrc2′ and select the ‘Rsrc2_S8500(Low)’ file

• click ‘CSC’ and select ‘CSC_S8500_[Country]_ODD.csc’ file

• click ‘SHP APP’ and select ‘ShpApp.app’ file

• click ‘FOTA’ and select ‘bplib_S8500Op[Country]Common.fota’ file

[ALL THE ABOVE FILES ARE TO BE SELECTED FROM THE FIRMWARE PACKAGE]

• then click ‘Port Search’ and after that Finally click ‘Download’ and Wait for the phone to Restart and you’re DONE.

• Ask if any problems

• Hit the THANKS Button if i helped you at any Moment

wv2ulv.jpg

Miss FFS

Try use multi uploader 5.67

wv2ulv.jpg
    U r missing Factoryfs (.ffs) file

If error presist try flashing SHPAPP only
    Hi,
    Please light me.

Thank's in advance.
    Hi.There is no bada 2.0 for small waves like 525,533.There is only bada 1.1 value pack.You can find firmware on Sammobile

Best Regards