[Tutorial] Installing Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0 on Live With Walkman WT19i
This is my first tutorial for installing Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0 on Live With Walkman WT19i. All credit goes to the developers who made all the following and related tools. I simply put together info from various sources. Admins/moderators are welcome to make any changes.
: Proceed at your own risk! I am not responsible for bricked phones! You might want to do some more research if you're unsure or don't fully understand anything from below
: ADB drivers:
win_usb.inf file from http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions
Android SDK(unlocking bootloader):
Clockworkmod Recovery(flashing ROM):
NOTE:Enable "USB DEBUGGING" from Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development
>Enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES" from Menu -> Settings -> Applications
1) If you're already on official ICS, downgrade to Gingerbread, root Gingerbread and then install other custom ROMs as follows:
2) Flash any Android 2.3.4 firmware (I've tried this method only with the WT19i_4.0.2.A.0.58 firmware though) using Flashtool
->Select Flashmode, Wipe data, Wipe cache
3) Use Zergrush v3 by DoomLord. Works well with 0.58
If Superuser app has been installed, rooting is successful.
4) Install ClockWorkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199-nAa-r2(Ported by nobodyAtall@xda)
5) Make a backup in recovery mode. (see below for howto)
6) Install Android SDK Manager
If Google USB Driver is not visible, install Android SDK Tools Rev 20 first, reopen SDK Manager.
folder with the new one on http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions
7) Unlock bootloader officially from: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions
Instructions on that page are pretty clear.
NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader the official way will void your phone's warranty and DRM keys will be lost
. You may want to use the testpoint method as mentioned here:
8) Download Cyanogenmod 7.2 for WT19i (=coconut
version) and place it on your SD card.
9) Ensure that the fastboot drivers are installed.
10) Replace stock kernel : Extract boot.img
from the Cyanogenmmod 7.2 ZIP file that you downloaded. Now, in Flashtool, select Flash button > Fastboot mode
> Select kernel to Flash
> Point it to the boot.img file you extracted. Check log in background window for success.
11) Restart the phone into Recovery. Select Wipe data/factory reset
followed by Wipe cache partition
followed by Advanced>Wipe Dalvik cache
Then, install zip from sdcard. Select the coconut 7.2.0. ZIP file you placed here earlier.
for about 5-10 minutes. If you're worried, open Command Prompt, navigate to the fastboot folder and run adb logcat to see what's happening!.
And that's it, you're done!
(If the logging process looks like it's repeating itself for more than 10 minutes, remove battery restart phone, and see if Cyanogenmod now boots up(again, will take ~5 minutes). If it does not still boot(rare case), repeat step 10. Make sure you download the CM ZIP package from your computer)
If you get an 'assert' error (Status 7 error) then, edit the file updater-script
in your cm7.2.0 ZIP file\META-INF\com\google\android\
. Remove only the first line (ending with a
. Now repeat step 10 again.
: To use Google services, you need to flash the gapps.zip similar to the way you did CM 7.2. However, do NOT wipe cache do NOT wipe data or anything
! To install, simply boot into recovery, install zip from sd card and choose the gapps ZIP file. Later, Restart phone
How to enter recovery mode on the WT19i:
Turn off phone. Turn it on again. As soon as you see Sony Ericsson logo, keep tapping Volume Down button repeatedly. (Once you are familiar, you'll realize that even 1-2 presses can do the trick)