[ROM] [GSM] Port of "Arctic ICS from XT912" to XT910 Retail.en.EU [7/11/2012]

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
[ROM] [GSM] Port of "Arctic ICS from XT912" to XT910 Retail.en.EU [7/11/2012]

Disclaimer: I don't want to confuse this Rom with the previous Arctic Rom for GSM phones, this is based off of my CDMA Arctic Rom which in no way is related to the original GSM Rom besides name and boot animation, which were given to me as use by shadylanem when he quit development.

Status of Development:
  • Completely De-Odexed (Base is 676.226.3.XT910.Retail.en.EU ICS)
  • Debloated (No Motocast. No Smart Actions as well. Webtop and docks still work).
  • No 1% battery mod but one is in the works soon. -- DONE. See the add-on in Downloads.
  • Arctic Boot Animation + Arctic Wallpaper
  • Choose on first boot Trebuche or Stock launcher
  • Quadrant scores of 3000+
  • Build.prop tweaks for speed, battery saving, and better GSM signal.
  • Blur_Camera modded to work with AOSP Gallery (since MotoICS Stock Gallery is a laggy PoS)
  • Gapps Pre-included.
  • APN editor Tweakker included.
  • Jellybean Play Music included.

How to install (there may be other ways, but I know this one works):
  1. Clockworkmod Touch 5.8.4.5 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751826
  2. Reboot to recovery using the app Razr Bootstrapper (Rom Manager doesn't seem to work but the app does).
  3. Wipe data and cache.
  4. Install zip from SD card.
  5. Reboot into ArcticRom. (Be aware first boot can take a good amount of time)

Download:

Revision 1 - Gapps Removed Changes:
  • Took out Gapps from Arctic Base Rom for one version.
  • Added Jellybean Play Music

Screenshots:

NEW ADD-ON Lockscreen Arctic "Cool" Lockscreen:
wpMvml.png

Note: Text is a bit off for the icons, and the app drawer shows them as much smaller than normal. Its the price we pay for lockscreen beauty.

E7tTKl.png
LoJSGl.png

droidrazr.gif

Please note, I have not tested this with another recovery and I have not tested this with a device other than the XT910.Retail.en.EU and can not confirm it will work on anything but these. You are free to try but I am not responsible for the outcome. Nor am I responsible for anything you do to your phone in general.

wow excited to try out something new :) thank you a lot

I installed it from Bootmenu manager and its working well... Smooth as Scotch!! :D
Flashed as second System via Boot Menu. Now let's Setup this Rom :good:
According to these user, Bootmenu manager works :)

How to use on Bootmenu:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28505103#post28505103

Last edited by a moderator:

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
Thanks dude :)
How did you port cdma to gsm? Is it a port with somes files replaced or you start from a gsm build then change theme etc...

I'm asking this, because we're trying to make a gsm patch to work on cdma rom :p

Glad to see that you have an EU gsm razr! it's a great thing for us!

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
Data works on this Rom?
The Screenshots only show the red triangle. If I'm right, you got no sim in it?

Gesendet von meinem XT910-Updated mit Tapatalk 2

nischalnischal

Aug 5, 2010
Bangalore
wow excited to try out something new :) thank you a lot

I installed it from Bootmenu manager and its working well... Smooth as Scotch!! :D

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Thanks dude :)
How did you port cdma to gsm? Is it a port with somes files replaced or you start from a gsm build then change theme etc...

I'm asking this, because we're trying to make a gsm patch to work on cdma rom :p

Glad to see that you have an EU gsm razr! it's a great thing for us!

I "ported" by making the same changes I made to my base on CDMA. Not using a patch, sorry if I got your hopes up.

I am going to keep this rom updated because I want my daily driver (my new XT910) to be my Arctic Rom :)

Reactions: sevenup30

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego

Multi Language Support?

This supports all the language of the stock Rom base for Retail.en.EU since it's based off it. I have tried UK english and US english but none others myself yet. I could probably get around to testing others but I'd imagine if it works on stock rom of Retail.en.EU then it should work here :)

Top Liked Posts