Most apps have several different UI's for various layouts, choose which interface you prefer.
Paranoid Android sources are out and building a ROM has never been easier. See the third post for instructions!
AOSPA Features include
- Control the UI of individual apps as well as your entire tablet
- Small. mid and large tabletUI layout.
- Customization of toolbars, lockscreen and more/
- Netflix. Update: Now working with latest apk from Play Store, but you need this hack.
- Color-splash for nav-bar and apps
- Expanded Desktop w/ PIE controls
- I especially would like you to take a second and appreciate the Cyanogen team, especially our home team of fat-tire, nemith, keyodi, eyeballer, krylon360 and steven676.
I would recommend you never pass up an opportunity to thank those guys for their efforts
From one of the PA creators, molesarecoming...
To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks.
This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode.
This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually.
Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course.
Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on.
This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size.
You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to.
You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot.
You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode.
Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself.
This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.
Here are some screenshots of the ROM for the Nook Color
In the settings, you will see a new pane for Hybrid Settings.
- Here you can adjust the default GUI and DPI for all system or user apps, or even each app individually. There is a picture walk-through at the top of the third post.
- Updates will also be available through Goo Manager via browse compatible roms -> mateor -> paranoidAndroid
- No special GAPPS necessary; just use the latest you can find!
- If you are going to run this from an sdcard, see Leapinlar's sdcard-install guide
New! Download Page
PA is using NookieDev's 3.x kernel and device tree, among other projects.
3.15 Issue List
- When in extended desktop or 0% navbar, touch events where the nav bar was are touchy, at best. This will continue to be worked on. (Here was one attempt)
- You can only reboot into recovery through Cyanoboot!
- Boot animation is in landscape
- You will have to reflash GAPPS each update (known upstream issue)
- Governor/Scheduler selection in Settings does not stick (Works in 3rd party apps like TricksterMod)
- Some ALSA -related noise in logcat I plan on investigating.
- You tell me!
Contributions to any aspect of the project are welcome, see the involved projects here.
Thanks are due to:
- molesarecoming, aaronpoweruser, D4rKn3sSys and the ParanoidAndroid Team
- The CM Team, including our own fattire, keyodi, dalingrin, eyeballer, Krylon360, sluo (yeah, that's right, we thanked ourselves. What about it?)
- steven676 deserves a special mention for maintaining our device and kernel. This update in particular owes him a large debt.
- kevank, snipa, and the rest of TeamWin for hosting and general good will (yeah, twice) (Wanna make something of it?)
- tonyp for general PA expertise
- inportb for GP.
- RedneckReg for the replacement device and Leapinlar for all he does for the Nook community.