Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 50,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VERIZON unlimited data news. Wtf

Tip us?

neh4pres
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459
Default VERIZON unlimited data news. Wtf

m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/rip-verizon-grandfathered-unlimited-data-plans-185537554.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl= US&.lang=en-US&.tsrc=samsungwn&.sep=table

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

neh4pres
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459
http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/ne...gwn&.sep=table

The Following User Says Thank You to neh4pres For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueCross
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
I've never received a message like that. I signed my agreement and still have unlimited data. Hmm....

Who needs a signature?

knifedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Um, yeah right. Mine gets delivered tomorrow, and either I'll be rocking unlimited like it said in my renewed contract or I'll be rocking a phone on another carrier.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to knifedroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maven808
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I got something similar

I received a similar notice with one of my pre-orders placed on 6/12. The email from Verizon stated "We have completed your equipment order. Your current Unlimited Data package is no longer available. We have selected the 2 GB Data package for you. You will not be able to go back to your current Unlimited Data Package"

Called them and the rep had to submit a "inactive price request" form. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

Jonbo298
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Xda server would meltdown over the posts here if others were getting that message. I love how BGR just runs the story without checking with Verizon or getting another person to confirm. Just uses 1 persons tip as fact.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonbo298 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Marcismo55
Old
Thanks Meter 416

DONATE TO ME
Mine will be here tomorrow too and I even have a rep calling me to make sure I have no issues with my current unlimited data plan.

If I lose unlimited...all hell will indeed break loose.

Most important thing to realize is people have most likely received this notification if they ordered after 6/28/12.
Current: HTC One M8 32gb Retired: HTC One 32GB Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Samsung Galaxy S III HTC Rezound HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcismo55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Div033
Old
Thanks Meter 266
I got mine today... I still have unlimited.

I mean, I even logged into My Verizon and it shows unlimited. No idea what the deal is here. I pre-ordered mine in store and the reps confirmed with me that I would keep my unlimited data.

This "news" story seems hokey.

Device: HTC One M8 (VZW)
ROM: CleanROM
Retired Devices: Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW), HTC Droid Incredible

faulkton
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Sure Verizon might take away your unlimited data but it's not like they didnt compensate you for it... they gave you a locked boot loader for FREE!!!@!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faulkton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbeelzebub
Old
Thanks Meter 60
BGR = Bull**** Generated Regularly

I kept my unlimited data, so I'm sure others are too.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbeelzebub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]