Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Jellytime Sosei 4.3

Tip us?

pio_masaki
Old
(Last edited by pio_masaki; 5th September 2013 at 05:54 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,639

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM] Jellytime Sosei 4.3

After the rather...disappointing way I departed and the resulting issues, I'm setting some things straight here and now.

1. No ETAs. Period. I don't want to see when will I fix or add anything.

2. No complaining. There's a line between reporting an issue and complaining. This line is crossed when it's reported more then once.

3. Requesting additions is fine, within reason. Keep it within reason, I'm not a real dev.

4. Using this ROM...this is where a lot of issues have come up, generally speaking, you can use this ROM as a base if you choose, however ASK ME FIRST. That's it! Everything could have been avoided if people had simply asked me before using my ROM and slapping their names on it then putting it out there. Please include some credit to waydownsouth, gh123man, randomblame and myself. For 4.3 Jellytime, randomblame in particular.

5. Hosting/mirroring. Please don't host or mirror this elsewhere, I will supply hosts for this ROM, I don't need more, and I prefer to keep track of how many users of a given build I have. Hosting elsewhere interferes with this. The only exception I can see is for our Russian/Ukrainian user community, my hosts may be slow there, or in other parts of the world. If you wish to host for another country, please let me know.

6. READ. For the love of all that is holy and great, READ the OPs, read at least the page before where your post will be. I will not answer questions already answered. If I respond, it may not be the nicest way I could do so. Please, save me, yourself, and everyone else the time and /facepalming and at least attempt to find the answer on your own. This is not limited to only this ROM, but anything you may wish to post about in this thread. Questions about CWM or TWRP don't belong here, but if they are valid questions that have something to do with this ROM, go ahead, after reading up on it.

7. Remaining on topic....well this one is loose. I prefer it to stay related only to this ROM, however I know things stray, and generally I'm OK with this, just try to keep it at least related to android. Or at least something related to something to do with on this planet.

Features:
Halo
PIE
Listview Animations (settings>display)
System Settings (CM)

Screenies:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-48-15.jpg
Views:	2504
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	2235949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-48-44.jpg
Views:	2518
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	2235950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-04-06-54-45.jpg
Views:	2362
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	2235951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-47-38.jpg
Views:	1982
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	2235952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-47-51.jpg
Views:	1638
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	2235953  

Retired helper

All that remains
Droid DNA
Carbon
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pio_masaki
Old
(Last edited by pio_masaki; 29th December 2013 at 09:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,639

DONATE TO ME
Builds
Jellybean 4.1
Build 1 | Mirror
Kuroikaze-Sosei RC1
Kuroikaze-Sosei II B3 Final

Jellybean 4.3
Jellytime 4.3 - AFH | Jellytime 4.3 - DH

Gapps 4.1
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Gapps 4.3
gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Change log 4.1
Build 1: Updated to 4.1.2 sources. Generally stock CM10. Everything works. I think.

RC1: Based on Black Bean AOSP sources now.

Sosei II B3 Final:

Seeder
AC!D audio
XLoud
Supercharged
Die Hard launcher
init.d memory tweaks
time killer killer mod
maximum overdrive mod
service preserver
transition animations

Final release.

Change log 4.3
Ported from Randomblame's Jellytime Build 7
Build 1: Unreleased, initial trials to get it running. Bootloops.
Build 2: Unreleased, boots, but runs badly, storage is broken, audio stutters
Build 3: Almost everything works now, fixed storage via init/ramdisk entries

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
Broken in 4.1
RC1 -
Auto Brightness
Hardware Rotation Lock Switch (use software settings, it's more flexible anyways)
GPS

Fixed -
HDMI audio should now work (again)
Switchable UI (tab or phab UIs now)

Bugs-
In tab ui the clock is messing it's rear texture on the homescreen, ie its not black there, its wallpaper instead. Doesn't interfere with anything, just a glitch.

Huge thanks to justjackyl for testing this out for me and reporting back on issues.

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
Broken in 4.3
Mic
?

Untested:
GPS
HDMI
Bluetooth
Dock

Bugs:
WiFi will not reconnect if it turns off, a reboot is needed. Turning off the always scanning option seems to help this.
Forcing GPU acceleration can help even out the framerate in some cases.

4.1 Instructions:
Root and unlock your device, if you haven't, visit the All things Iconia A100 link in my sig, and read up. Then read again. Then proceed with rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom recovery.

I'm not going to note each recovery's method of installation, hopefully by now you guys know what to do in your recovery of choice.

Download the ROM to external SD
Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. Get one for JB, you can try a 4.2 package, but is as yet unsupported.
Reboot into recovery using whatever method you like:
-Power off then power on holding volume -
-Power menu>reboot>recovery if your ROM supports this
-App from the Play store reboot recovery
Full nandroid backup
FULL WIPE
-Factory reset
-Wipe System
-Wipe Dalvik
-Wipe Cache
Flash ROM (install from zip)
Flash appropriate GApps zip
Reboot system
Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation
After the welcome setup wizard appears, let the tab sit for 10 minutes. Longer is fine.
Reboot tablet
Let sit 5 more minutes
Complete the setup wizard
Restore apps and whatever. Do not restore system apps and/or data
Restore user app data if you wish, but it may cause issues. If problems come up, factory reset and try again without restoring data.

Feel free to flash any kernel you want, but don't post about problems here until you use the kernel it came with first.

4.3 Instructions:
Root and unlock your device, if you haven't, visit the All things Iconia A100 link in my sig, and read up. Then read again. Then proceed with rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom recovery.

I'm not going to note each recovery's method of installation, hopefully by now you guys know what to do in your recovery of choice.

Download the ROM to external SD
Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. 4.3 ONLY! Don't report anything if you use anything but the gapps I linked from my site.
Reboot into recovery using whatever method you like:
-Power off then power on holding volume -
-Power menu>reboot>recovery if your ROM supports this
-App from the Play store reboot recovery
Full nandroid backup
FULL WIPE Don't report ANYTHING if you did not flash 100% clean!
-Factory reset
-Wipe System
-Wipe Dalvik
-Wipe Cache
Flash ROM (install from zip)
Flash appropriate GApps zip
Reboot system
Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation. It may blank out for awhile on the first boot, just leave it be.
After the welcome setup wizard appears, let the tab sit for 10 minutes. Longer is fine.
Reboot tablet
Let sit 5 more minutes
Complete the setup wizard

I strongly recommend you download and install apps FRESH from the Play Store, and do NOT restore apps if possible. If you want, then go ahead...
Restore apps and whatever. Do not restore system apps and/or data
Restore user app data if you wish, but it may cause issues. If problems come up, factory reset and try again without restoring data.

Do not report any issues if you:
Dirty flashed.
Restored anything with any app.
Don't use the supplied kernel.
Modified the ROM in any way prior to the issue coming up.
Did not read the entire post and noted what bugs are already known to exist.
Did not use the 4.3 GApps on my site which I linked right below the ROM download.
Can not report a bug issue without quoting Hawkeye because you skipped all of this.

waydownsouth
randomblame
gh123man
godmachine / linux society
justjackyl
das_webos_transformer / xbooow
Cyanogenmod
AOKP
Team Baked
The Team behind the AC!D audio engine
Plus more, I'm sure.
Retired helper

All that remains
Droid DNA
Carbon
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdkg
Old
Thanks Meter 32
HOLY SANTA CLAUSE ****!!!!!

CM9 Nightlies, Custom ROM, Rooting/Flashing Kit and "how to" tutorials

If there is anyone in the A100 community the deserves a donation it's this guy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341882482044.jpg
Views:	3826
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1188155  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdkg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pio_masaki
Old
Thanks Meter 3,639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdkg View Post
HOLY SANTA CLAUSE ****!!!!!

CM9 Nightlies, Custom ROM, Rooting/Flashing Kit and "how to" tutorials

If there is anyone in the A100 community the deserves a donation it's this guy!
Roflmao so says my biggest donater!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Retired helper

All that remains
Droid DNA
Carbon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeteSeiler2010
Old
Thanks Meter 76
You are the freaking man!

Sent from my A100 using xda app-developers app
Google Nexus 5, 32 GB
Current ROM: Stock, for now...

Previous Devices:
iPhone 3G-->Motorola Backflip-->iPhone 3GS-->HTC Aria-->Samsung Captivate-->iPhone 4-->Dell Streak 5-->Motorola Atrix 2-->Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket-->iPhone 4s-->Nexus 4-->Samsung Galaxy S3-->Samsung Galaxy Note 2-->iPhone 5-->HTC One-->iPhone 5S-->Samsung Galaxy Note 3...
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteSeiler2010 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
Go for it.

MDMonster
Old
Thanks Meter 105
You sir, are why I miss my Iconia A100 . Hopefully can get a new one soon, miss the A100 community

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

My Blog | My Community Page on G+ | My Deviantart page

PHONE- Atrix 2 ROM- PACman ROM with HALO(4.2.2) KERNEL- KEXEC JBX-Kernel 0.6a Hybrid
PHONE- LG G2 (ls980) ROM- Vanir Nightlies

IF I'VE HELPED YOU IN ANYWAY, PLEASE HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MDMonster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rockthegod
Old
(Last edited by rockthegod; 11th July 2012 at 03:37 AM.) Reason: Removed Quotes
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up A big thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I got myself an A100 from ebay for 140 bucks just to toy with it and find its relevant thread on XDA to flash me some cm9 and what do I see. Working jb port completed already.. Imagine my shock !!!!! Hail *pio_masaki* .... you are the Man dude !!! Any amount of compliments I make is just insufficient to praise the amount of hard work and time you put behind this. Just flashed v5-2 already and its "butter" smooth operation from then.. Wait till I show this to my friends...
Acer Iconia Tab A100
CyanogenMod 10 Preview
Smoothy Smooth JellyBean
The Following User Says Thank You to rockthegod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pio_masaki
Old
Thanks Meter 3,639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthegod View Post
So I got myself an A100 from ebay for 140 bucks just to toy with it and find its relevant thread on XDA to flash me some cm9 and what do I see. Working jb port completed already.. Imagine my shock !!!!! Hail *pio_masaki* .... you are the Man dude !!! Any amount of compliments I make is just insufficient to praise the amount of hard work and time you put behind this. Just flashed v5-2 already and its "butter" smooth operation from then.. Wait till I show this to my friends...
Thanks, and welcome to our little corner of XDA! Hope your new tablet is as good as mine has been to me

But really guys, randomblame did the hard work on this. I just got it running on the A100.
Retired helper

All that remains
Droid DNA
Carbon
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wild1z
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Pio, I know the feeling on the time spent on these things and friction with the wife. Use lube, Red Wine is what I suggest, good for the heart.

Jk buddy, thanks for all your work and time. Family first. We understand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wild1z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]