I am usually a creeper on these forums but I decided to register an account to give back a little of what I learn/observe. I am a veteran Motorola Milestone custom rom addict and have just moved to the Note and finding it a little more complicated that what I am used to.
Anyway I was on stock ICS rom, and I wanted to downgrade to GB so I could flash a custom rom of my choice. I already had the pre-rooted ROM downloaded from Dr. Ketan so I wanted to try and use that in these instructions. I did the following:
1. Installed Samsung Kies.
2. Checked for update from Samsung Kies and updated Kies.
3. Connected my phone to Kies and checked if Kies detected the phone properly.
4. Downloaded PC Odin from this link
5. Downloaded pre-rooted rom from Dr. Ketans signature link (thank you dr) BTW I did this as the rom given in the original instructions needed a password to extract??
6. Ran PC odin
7. Rebooted Note in download mode - vol. down+home+power buttons
8. Connected download mode Note to PC
9. PC odin ID:COM turns yellow:
10. In PC ODIN
Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time ---> Ticked
Others --> Unticked
10. Clicked PDA and selected the rom from dr ketans sig link I had downloaded.
Fone did its thing rebooting, when touch android to begin came up there were lots of force closes so...
11. went to recovery mode (vol up + home + power)
cleaned dalvik cache and wiped data and factory reset
12. rebooted system
and that was it and now I am running GB and ready to rock the ROMS!
I know I am not adding much to the convo but I just wanted to say that as a noob note flasher, these instructions worked for me to downgrade stock ICS to gb.
Many thanks to everyone!