Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APK] Adobe Flash Player 11.1

Tip us?

jamjame
Old
(Last edited by jamjame; 10th July 2012 at 11:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [APK] Adobe Flash Player 11.1

Now that Jelly Bean is soon to be released to many devices and now that Adobe has stopped support for Adobe Flash on Android Jelly Bean and on August 15th they will prohibit new downloads on the Google Play Store, we need somewhere where we can get the apk because we will no longer be able to retrieve it from the Google Play Store.

So here is the apk: http://db.tt/5otQbUIj

Requires Android 2.2 or later.

Enjoy.

Sent from my Full Android on Wingray using xda premium
  • Join my Minecraft server! Click here
    Server IP: mc.nethernation.net
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jamjame For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snandlal
Old
Thanks Meter 472

DONATE TO ME
You will become famous for this. Thanks

peterbonge
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjame View Post
Now that Jelly Bean has now well and truly been released to many devices and now that Adobe has stopped support for Adobe Flash on Android and is about to remove it from the Google Play Store, we need somewhere where we can get the apk because we will no longer be able to retrieve it from the Google Play Store.
So many mistakes in one sentence:
- JB on many devices? Maybe, but not a single one with an official JB update.
- Adobe hast stopped support? They have just updated it and I'm sure they will continue fixing bugs.
- They will remove it? No! It will remain in the store for supported devices (<4.1).
Regards,
Peter Bonge

Ramalama
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbonge View Post
- Adobe hast stopped support? They have just updated it and I'm sure they will continue fixing bugs.
- They will remove it? No! It will remain in the store for supported devices (<4.1).
Im german and in the german sites here stays, they will remove it on 15.july from the play store... why they updated flash player on 9.july, i dont know... maybe last update or sth...

2. There will be no support and no updates anymore (no fixes) from 15.july...

Cheers:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

jamjame
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbonge View Post
It may still exist (for updates) on the Google Play Store but no new downloads of Flash player from the Google Play store will be possible after August 15 however there will still be bug fixes and security updates to supported devices (Android 2.2 - Android 4.0.4) Flash player for Jelly Bean is still technically possible.

This thread is here for the future and now that the Jelly Bean source has been released I said that JB is available for many devices.

peterbonge
Old
Thanks Meter 48
From the market:

Quote:
*** NOTE: FLASH PLAYER IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED FOR NEW DEVICE CONFIGURATIONS. FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED ON ANY ANDROID VERSION BEYOND ANDROID 4.0.x ***
While Flash Player remains on Google Play for installation on Android devices that are certified by the manufacturer, installing Flash Player on an uncertified device may result in unexpected behavior and can potentially destabilize your device.
So the most of the current devices will be able to install Flash for a long time. Just because most people will wait for an official JB update. And that will take some time.

But of course your link will be useful for many flashers, especially in this forum.
Regards,
Peter Bonge

jamjame
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2...id-update.html

Quote:
Beginning August 15th we will use the configuration settings in the Google Play Store to limit continued access to Flash Player updates to only those devices that have Flash Player already installed. Devices that do not have Flash Player already installed are increasingly likely to be incompatible with Flash Player and will no longer be able to install it from the Google Play Store after August 15th.
This confirms that Adobe will prohibit new installs from August 15th regardless of what Android Version you are running and Android Device you have.

tabuser
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjame View Post
Now that Jelly Bean is soon to be released to many devices and now that Adobe has stopped support for Adobe Flash on Android Jelly Bean and on August 15th they will prohibit new downloads on the Google Play Store, we need somewhere where we can get the apk because we will no longer be able to retrieve it from the Google Play Store.

So here is the apk: http://db.tt/5otQbUIj

Requires Android 2.2 or later.

Enjoy.

What is the version number of the Flash APK link you posted?

mengsuan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
This apk still requires network communication permission. Adobe flash player does not require any special permissions to run for quite long ago, I believe this is not the latest apk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

loonamark
Old
Thanks Meter 10
does this work on galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3100 my cousen like playing in facebook but now they are asking him to upgrade hiss flash to play like farmville 2