FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[LIST] Best (and worst) apps for the TF700

1,207 posts
Thanks Meter: 447
 
By d14b0ll0s, Recognized Contributor on 10th July 2012, 11:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th July 2012, 09:36 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephreak99

Mynet for network media? I only find one app on the market and it's in some strange language. :P

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

I think MyNet is an Asus app that is already installed on your Infinity tablet.
 
 
11th July 2012, 11:08 AM |#12  
thephreak99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Horten
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Ahhh. Found it. Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
11th July 2012, 02:14 PM |#13  
d14b0ll0s's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 447
 
More
MyNet is a stock product by ASUS

I was using Dolphin _HD_. Is the other one better?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
11th July 2012, 02:22 PM |#14  
Einride's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d14b0ll0s

I was using Dolphin _HD_. Is the other one better?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

I have no idea, which is why I asked

I would prefer a browser that lets me choose to get the desktop version of sites though. Reading mobile versions on a 1920x1200 display makes baby Jeebus cry.
11th July 2012, 02:26 PM |#15  
timrock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einride

Regarding Dolphin Browser: are you guys using the good old Dolphin HD or the new beta version for tablets? I used the HD on my old Galaxy S along with extensions for LastPass and Xmarks, kept all passwords and bookmarks in sync.

Chrome has so far failed to impress me. It's laggy, scrolling before a page is completely loaded is almost impossible and it tends to be a bit wonky on zooming some pages.

im using Dolphin HD. I had Dolphin Tab beta installed, but after about a year, it never got an update, so i just removed it. I have chrome as well and ICS+, but i prefer Dolphin over all of them. If Chrome added gestures and better download management, i would consider switching. But until every site uses html5, i will stick with Dolphin.
The Following User Says Thank You to timrock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2012, 03:05 PM |#16  
d14b0ll0s's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 447
 
More
Ok, so I've just installed this Dolphin for Android Tablets and it seems it's just HD with some tweaks / changed GUI. I think I like it better.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
11th July 2012, 03:07 PM |#17  
d14b0ll0s's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 447
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einride

I have no idea, which is why I asked

I would prefer a browser that lets me choose to get the desktop version of sites though. Reading mobile versions on a 1920x1200 display makes baby Jeebus cry.

Einride, Dolphin does this, as well as other browsers, even the stock one (which is slow, but has a great slider! ;>)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
12th July 2012, 07:39 AM |#18  
KilerG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d14b0ll0s

Einride, Dolphin does this, as well as other browsers, even the stock one (which is slow, but has a great slider! ;>)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

You can change the Agent to constantly be desktop. You can set it to other devices too, like the iPad. I've used it to get into "iPad only" websites on my phone before lol.
12th July 2012, 07:48 AM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
About Firefox:
When I started the Tablet the Google Play Market installed Firefox automaticly for me, as I had it on my phone.
I was able to start it, but somehow the font was something alike "New Times Roman" and the Layout was a mess.

Hopefully Mozilla makes the app Tablet conform, because I like the way you can use Add-On's alike in the Desktop Version. (Add-Block usw.)

EDIT: I think the Stock Browser is pretty fast, as soon as you install browser2ram. Somehow the keyboard shortcuts didn't work on the Dolphin Browser for me, can anybody confirm this or tell my if it works?
ctrl+t - New Tab
ctrl+l - Highlight Navigation Bar
ctrl+tab Next Tab
ctrl+shift+tab Previous Tab
Last edited by Nahakiole; 12th July 2012 at 07:55 AM.
12th July 2012, 08:19 AM |#20  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahakiole

About Firefox:
When I started the Tablet the Google Play Market installed Firefox automaticly for me, as I had it on my phone.
I was able to start it, but somehow the font was something alike "New Times Roman" and the Layout was a mess.

Hopefully Mozilla makes the app Tablet conform, because I like the way you can use Add-On's alike in the Desktop Version. (Add-Block usw.)

EDIT: I think the Stock Browser is pretty fast, as soon as you install browser2ram. Somehow the keyboard shortcuts didn't work on the Dolphin Browser for me, can anybody confirm this or tell my if it works?
ctrl+t - New Tab
ctrl+l - Highlight Navigation Bar
ctrl+tab Next Tab
ctrl+shift+tab Previous Tab

FireFox isn't supported on tablets currently. You have to use their nightly builds from their website.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bad taste, just kidding ;)
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes