Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

US Cellular Variant Offical Thread

Tip us?

sageDieu
Old
Thanks Meter 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompsy View Post
Who would we contact to get a separate section?
pm any of the mods, they're listed in a sticky

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Samsung Galaxy S4

Google Nexus 7 2013

slmjimy311
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexx00 View Post
Yes that site just has a set by step guide for installing the Team Epic recovery using ODIN and it worked on my US Cellular Galaxy S III.

Seconded on the separate forum idea. I think there will be more than enough people to have one. I know a lot of people is moving to this from the Desire and that had a decent sized community.

Hey, would you mind linking me to the exact page with the directions on it please? I went to the website, and I searched for "Team Epic" and I found nothing. Thanks!

alaindesjardins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I agree... a section on the forums for us would be really useful. I always hated with the mesmerize having to browse the fascinate section and find the part where someone posted "this is what you do for USCC". At least with our own sections we could separate things and make it easier for everyone.

RandoStRand
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Don't get your hopes up kids. we've been trying to get sub-forums for usc devices for ages now. We fall into the low-use devices usually.

vexx00
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmjimy311 View Post
Hey, would you mind linking me to the exact page with the directions on it please? I went to the website, and I searched for "Team Epic" and I found nothing. Thanks!
I can't post links yet but the title for the post is "How to Root U.S. and Canada Galaxy S3 SGH-T999/SGH-I747/SPH-L710! [Fail-Proof][Noob-Proof][U.S. Cellular]".

It looks like everyone is asking because they updated the title and put U.S. Cellular in it.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaindesjardins View Post
I agree... a section on the forums for us would be really useful. I always hated with the mesmerize having to browse the fascinate section and find the part where someone posted "this is what you do for USCC". At least with our own sections we could separate things and make it easier for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoStRand View Post
Don't get your hopes up kids. we've been trying to get sub-forums for usc devices for ages now. We fall into the low-use devices usually.
There is some work going on to create an environment for non-carrier specific roms. So that might solve the issue at least on the the rom front.

Still would be nice to have our own sub-forums to post about other carrier specific issues. Is it normally an issue of not having someone to moderate the forums?

nairbandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks "Team Epic recovery using ODIN" worked perfect. No problems at all.

+1 for getting US Cellular its own thread. Even if less activity would give us more of a home and not use other carriers forums.

S3AL3DF4T3
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
+1 for US Cellular thread would be nice to not feel so out if place with their devices. US Cellular has been making some leaps forward they purchased some of Verizon 700mhz frequency for LTE. They also have LTE in 16 cites/towns and are adding 23 more cites/towns by the end of 2012.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Pompsy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I pmed mod Reinbeau to ask about getting us our own section. THe idea was shot down because we have to small of a userbase. He/she said to use the Verizon forums, as that is the compatible section.

crkone
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes very similar to the locked bootloader verizon gsIII.

unaligned
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crkone View Post
Yes very similar to the locked bootloader verizon gsIII.
Don't question the mods, that is heresy!