Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918

Tip us?
 
kippsoft
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Phone Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918

Can someone please give me the link to download the Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918(Without D/M/N)
Custom ROMs for the same make are also welcomed.
I errored with mine and I had never backed up.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to kippsoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ruscan.calin
Old
(Last edited by ruscan.calin; 11th July 2012 at 12:17 PM.)
#2  
ruscan.calin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 622
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippsoft View Post
Can someone please give me the link to download the Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918(Without D/M/N)
Custom ROMs for the same make are also welcomed.
I errored with mine and I had never backed up.
Thanks
1.here is your reference

I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone if you do the wrong way !
never flash a rom not made for your phone

2.if not sure about that ROM then use Alcatel OneTouchUpgrade to flash a stock ROM from Alcatel site
you need drivers so install Android SDK and OneTouchUpgrade also take a look at this thread browse through pages for more details about installation but never flash that ROM this is for OT-908 only !
The Following User Says Thank You to ruscan.calin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kippsoft
Old
(Last edited by kippsoft; 12th July 2012 at 04:17 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Phone ROM for Alcatel OT-918 not OT-918N, nor OT-918D, neither OT-918M

Thanks ruscan.calin
But the ones in the site are for Alcatel OT 918D/M/N and my phone is OT-918
I tried but...it failed.
I tried with the Alcatel Program and it says the phone is upto date.
Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kippsoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ruscan.calin
Old
(Last edited by ruscan.calin; 12th July 2012 at 09:18 PM.)
#4  
ruscan.calin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 622
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippsoft View Post
Thanks ruscan.calin
But the ones in the site are for Alcatel OT 918D/M/N and my phone is OT-918
I tried but...it failed.
I tried with the Alcatel Program and it says the phone is upto date.
Thanks
how it failed ? did you try to flash it by recovery ? It doesn't work because recovery mode is made to flash only signed/official updates and Alcatel never released such an update do this: try again to flash and check your sdcard for .log files and post here that content I guess you get an "signature verification " error
well, you need a custom recovery to make it works ! tell me more ! what's about these models 918/918d/m/n where is the difference between them ?because if you try to download kernel sources there is only one source so these phone should be almost the same..
 
kippsoft
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Phone This is how it happen

Let me tell you about all...
I was phone had Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
This is how it started,
I rooted by phone successful and it has been working well for sometime...
I intended to install Root Call Blocker but it always told me that there is insufficient space.
I switched off and on again to recovery by Pressing the + Volume key and Power button.
This took me to recovery where I cleared,Cache,Dalvik Cache and Data.
When I rebooted it, it failed to start and just shows the Android logo and stops and it has never gone beyond there.
I have tried using the custom roms available at the link in @ alcatel918 dot weebly dot com/2-custom-recovery.html but the all install successfully but the phone fails to go beyond the logo.
That is why I am requesting anyone with such a phone running the same version to assist me with by may be backing up boot,recovery,data and cache and link up.
Thanks alot.
 
ruscan.calin
Old
(Last edited by ruscan.calin; 14th July 2012 at 12:06 AM.)
#6  
ruscan.calin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 622
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippsoft View Post
Let me tell you about all...
I was phone had Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
This is how it started,
I rooted by phone successful and it has been working well for sometime...
I intended to install Root Call Blocker but it always told me that there is insufficient space.
I switched off and on again to recovery by Pressing the + Volume key and Power button.
This took me to recovery where I cleared,Cache,Dalvik Cache and Data.
When I rebooted it, it failed to start and just shows the Android logo and stops and it has never gone beyond there.
I have tried using the custom roms available at the link in @ alcatel918 dot weebly dot com/2-custom-recovery.html but the all install successfully but the phone fails to go beyond the logo.
That is why I am requesting anyone with such a phone running the same version to assist me with by may be backing up boot,recovery,data and cache and link up.
Thanks alot.
now I see... yes was a mistake about backup.. always make backups
well, it's dubious.. One Touch Upgrade is not working for you let me tell you: usually Alcatel give you the chance to flash again stock rom by connecting to their server by One Touch Upgrade but it seems is not working for you a chance is to send them a message but don't tell you rooted etc just say "is not working" you already know that I have an Alcatel phone too but for me there is a stock rom in zip format also One Touch Upgrade is working tell theml about that :how to recover ?
well, I perform some search and update this post ...

use this link to tell Alcatel about your problem I used it in the past and they answered me..

also do this check: power off then press Menu (big button? it seem you don't have it? well that middle button.. Home button) keep it pressed then connect to PC keep it pressed !! at this moment Windows should search for a driver then start One Touch Upgrade and try for update !

PS
I just performed some search now I can tell you for sure there is big difference between 918 and the others 918D etc (kernel sources are not the same!)
 
marcorennes
Old
#7  
marcorennes's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rennes

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippsoft View Post
Can someone please give me the link to download the Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918(Without D/M/N)
Custom ROMs for the same make are also welcomed.
I errored with mine and I had never backed up.
Thanks
Hi !

Have you find a solution for the original ROM?

I've tried to install custom ROM but I've install ROM of alcatel 918 M/N/D ...

Help pleaaaaaaase !!!
 
kippsoft
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Phone @ marcorennes

There is no available custom ROM for Alcatel OT-918 running Android 2.3.6..
I am still searching/looking for someone having the same make so that I can safely have his/her backup.
The available custom ROMs are for OT-918 N/M/D.
Incase of anything...I will post on this forum.
 
marcorennes
Old
#9  
marcorennes's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rennes

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippsoft View Post
There is no available custom ROM for Alcatel OT-918 running Android 2.3.6..
I am still searching/looking for someone having the same make so that I can safely have his/her backup.
The available custom ROMs are for OT-918 N/M/D.
Incase of anything...I will post on this forum.
May be this link can help ...

h ttp :/ /sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/
 
ruscan.calin
Old
(Last edited by ruscan.calin; 21st July 2012 at 02:17 PM.)
#10  
ruscan.calin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 622
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcorennes View Post
May be this link can help ...

h ttp :/ /sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/
yes but there are sources for kernel only you need Android sources for your phone too
the single way is to get a recovery backup from somewhere...
to compile kernel sources take a look at this post

I can't believe that One Touch Upgrade is not working for your phone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes