Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918

Search This thread
Aug 4, 2012
Bhopal
failed to start

Let me tell you about all...
I was phone had Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
This is how it started,
I rooted by phone successful and it has been working well for sometime...
I intended to install Root Call Blocker but it always told me that there is insufficient space.
I switched off and on again to recovery by Pressing the + Volume key and Power button.
This took me to recovery where I cleared,Cache,Dalvik Cache and Data.
When I rebooted it, it failed to start and just shows the Android logo and stops and it has never gone beyond there.
I have tried using the custom roms available at the link in @ alcatel918 dot weebly dot com/2-custom-recovery.html but the all install successfully but the phone fails to go beyond the logo.
That is why I am requesting anyone with such a phone running the same version to assist me with by may be backing up boot,recovery,data and cache and link up.
Thanks alot.

i have also the same problem ...if your problem is solve than please tell me, how to solve this problem and if u have backup of all this than please mail me at prpradeep5@gmail.com

and i have tried OT upgrade but it cant solve this..it is stick on 50%....

boban984

Dec 24, 2010
Bricked phone

Hi guys , i have a t-mobile move 2 , it's actually a ot-918 mix it has one sim.
I rooted successfully and installed recovery using this method (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1748927)

and tried to install Andread 3.0 rom , and after flashing the phone wont accept my sim card.
I dont have a backup of my original system.
Can anyone pls help me

thank you

papa_d

May 19, 2012
SOLUTION

Install custom rom for specific device via recovery mode, power button + volume up.

Gingerblaze is specific rom for Alcatel 918 MIX (google this not sure if i'm allowed to post external links)

Use Alcatel's one touch upgrade software to download stock rom.

This method gets you out of recovery mode booting loops(i was stuck in this one), gets rid of unwanted roots (for when bring in device for servicing to ensure that your warranty is not voided). I was also rooted using blue rains' method for the Alcatel 918N, it works well with the MIX no issues btw.

Hope this helps!!!!:cowboy::good:

Last edited:

boban984

Dec 24, 2010
Install custom rom for specific device via recovery mode, power button + volume up.

Gingerblaze is specific rom for Alcatel 918 MIX (google this not sure if i'm allowed to post external links)

Use Alcatel's one touch upgrade software to download stock rom.

This method gets you out of recovery mode booting loops(i was stuck in this one), gets rid of unwanted roots (for when bring in device for servicing to ensure that your warranty is not voided). I was also rooted using blue rains' method for the Alcatel 918N, it works well with the MIX no issues btw.

Hope this helps!!!!:cowboy::good:

The problem is that the phone wont power up , it doesnt respond to the power button, but when i connect it to pc using usb , then Flash Tool sees the phone.
My brother has the same phone so i tried flashing everything from his phone to mine (DSP_Bl,Uboot,system....) but still no luck to power on the phone.

if i can get to recovery that would be great then i could flash the original stock rom

papa_d

May 19, 2012
The problem is that the phone wont power up , it doesnt respond to the power button, but when i connect it to pc using usb , then Flash Tool sees the phone.
My brother has the same phone so i tried flashing everything from his phone to mine (DSP_Bl,Uboot,system....) but still no luck to power on the phone.

if i can get to recovery that would be great then i could flash the original stock rom

No power think maybe the power button got remapped or something, wish i could help you further but i don't know how to do any of that sort of stuff. :confused:

gushpitz

Dec 27, 2011
Baia Mare
Hi all,
I have an Alcatel OT 918 with Android 2.3.6 and Orange firmware. I will help you gladly wit those 3 files you are talking if you tell me how to obtain those files, because i don't know the procedure.

elpopa

Dec 7, 2012
Support for bakup

Hi all,
I have an Alcatel OT 918 with Android 2.3.6 and Orange firmware. I will help you gladly wit those 3 files you are talking if you tell me how to obtain those files, because i don't know the procedure.

Hi,

I can help you with a tuturoial in order to provide us some original ROM. I also have Orange Pasadena (alcatel ot 918) and I'm from romania.

Please send me a private message so that we may establish how to get your files, ok?

Thanks'

PS: I would really need that firmware...

elpopa

Dec 7, 2012
Preloader for Alcatel 918 withot D/M/N

Thanks ruscan.calin
But the ones in the site are for Alcatel OT 918D/M/N and my phone is OT-918
I tried but...it failed.
I tried with the Alcatel Program and it says the phone is upto date.
Thanks

Hi,

The linc provided by ruscan.calin is reference for OT-918N

Here are image files (preloader, dsp_bl...) for Alcatel 918 (withoud N)

://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_XoEkOh-LzYM1A2dnZyNko5ajA

Add a https to the link above :)

Reactions: farkula and Mbariah

ngashjunior

Dec 29, 2012
Hi,

can it work without an orange firmware but with a firmware from a difrent company like Airtel or Safaricom?

Lewizk

Jan 9, 2013
Bricked Alcatel One Touch 918

I had Alcatel One Touch 918 with android 2.3.6 on it and tried to root It. It installed, but stuck at booting, at the android logo.Then i tried to restore, using first the partial backup that i did, then with "Smart Phone Flash tool".I did a format : "Auto Format Nand Flash" "Format all flash".It`s connects to the phone and it formatted.
But when i try to Download something (F9) it`s only giving error and says : "SP Flash tool error (9100)
[Android USB] Can not find USB Port.
For formatting it can find.I tried removing the battery and tring after, but it`s not working.The phone can not even power on. I tried even using one touch upgrade tool, But still says my phone has the latest ROM.Once i connect it to a PC I can here the PC detect is by the USB connect sound but doesnt show its charging. Someone help on how to recover the original ROM or even how to get my phone working

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

yes but there are sources for kernel only you need Android sources for your phone too
the single way is to get a recovery backup from somewhere...
to compile kernel sources take a look at this post

I can't believe that One Touch Upgrade is not working for your phone

I had Alcatel One Touch 918 with android 2.3.6 on it and tried to root It. It installed, but stuck at booting, at the android logo.Then i tried to restore, using first the partial backup that i did, then with "Smart Phone Flash tool".I did a format : "Auto Format Nand Flash" "Format all flash".It`s connects to the phone and it formatted.
But when i try to Download something (F9) it`s only giving error and says : "SP Flash tool error (9100)
[Android USB] Can not find USB Port.
For formatting it can find.I tried removing the battery and tring after, but it`s not working.The phone can not even power on. I tried even using one touch upgrade tool, But still says my phone has the latest ROM.Once i connect it to a PC I can here the PC detect is by the USB connect sound but doesnt show its charging. Someone help on how to recover the original ROM or even how to get my phone working:rolleyes:

uno89

Jan 9, 2013
Hi,

its not working for me :) it stops every time at 77 % as you can see in the attached file.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 1,059

arth_ur

Jan 1, 2012
Kolozsvar
Does not work

its not working for me :) it stops every time at 77 % as you can see in the attached file.

Unfortunately it does not work by me either...

If you use SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224 you might flash it, but it would not boot.

I have restored user data and cache as described elsewhere with no luck.

Blank screen or bootloop to recovery...

kamenoss20

Mar 25, 2013
hi

please guys i have tried everything i could find
and i cant fix it
can someone send me a link with original rom for alcatel one touch 918
or any rom and scatter file that works with this device
thank you all in advance

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme
please guys i have tried everything i could find
and i cant fix it
can someone send me a link with original rom for alcatel one touch 918
or any rom and scatter file that works with this device
thank you all in advance

Hi,

Try here : http://alcatel918.weebly.com/about-the-cp.html

And then again here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1486583

A bit of reading, but I can confirm that it works :D I even found the latest Blue Puzzle 2.2 which I managed to loose on my HD

Cheers,

Dirk

FGOD

May 22, 2011
sorry for bumping this topic but are there kernels which work with dark tremor a2sd and can be installed on original rom? and if not, what is a good stable custom rom which does work with a2sd?

luch2k

Oct 8, 2012
Nairobi
Unfortunately it does not work by me either...

If you use SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224 you might flash it, but it would not boot.

I have restored user data and cache as described elsewhere with no luck.

Blank screen or bootloop to recovery...

I used SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224 and managed to flash till 100%. Then flashed a custom recovery which allowed me to now flash andread 2.0 newprova. I know this is for dual-sim but its the only custom ROM which can now run on my OT 918...Tried the rest but none booted. After flashing andread 2.0 newprova my phone couldn't register to the network but said invalid IMEI, so i attached a new IMEI by following a guide from this site talkingmobi . com/ write-imei-number-android-phone-fastcardtech
Now my phone is running though i'm still unable to revert to the original ROM :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM for Alcatel OT-918 not OT-918N, nor OT-918D, neither OT-918M

Thanks ruscan.calin
    I tried but...it failed.
    Thanks
    Preloader for Alcatel 918 withot D/M/N

Thanks ruscan.calin
    I tried but...it failed.
    Thanks

Hi,

Can someone please give me the link to download the Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918(Without D/M/N)
    Custom ROMs for the same make are also welcomed.
    I errored with mine and I had never backed up.
    Thanks
    Can someone please give me the link to download the Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918(Without D/M/N)
    Custom ROMs for the same make are also welcomed.
    I errored with mine and I had never backed up.
    Thanks

1.here is your reference

I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone if you do the wrong way !
    never flash a rom not made for your phone

2.if not sure about that ROM then use Alcatel OneTouchUpgrade to flash a stock ROM from Alcatel site
    you need drivers so install Android SDK and OneTouchUpgrade also take a look at this thread browse through pages for more details about installation but never flash that ROM this is for OT-908 only !
    Hi,

just wanted to post my feed back and say thanks..it worked..i used the link above and flashed everything in the folder with the latest flash tool v3.1316. on booting, the phone never booted but recovery worked..so i used another recovery.img from the folder Orange_Pasadena_OT918_root.zip and UPGRADED THE FIRMWARE with flash tools. Basically you replace the recovery in the link above folder with the new one and upgrade the phone. After that, now with the new recovery, i was able to successfully flash the custom rom ICS v5 by Mark and everything works great now...so i guess thats how you unbrick a Safaricom Alcatel ot918 ( without n,d,m...)

Use google to find Orange_Pasadena_OT918_root.zip (24 mb) and ICS v5 by Mark (119 mb)

Thanks..Hope this helps someone.. if it does, feel free to leave a thanks.