Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crashpsycho

Jun 10, 2011
PHOENIX AZ
Awesome Beats for SGS3:

-Root required

1) Tested on SGS3(i747) and GNote(i717) and GNex(GSM)
2) Root Required (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1746665)
3) Download the attachments “AwsomeBeats.apk” and “com.motioncoding.beats-2.apk”
4) Copy AwsomeBeats.apk to /system/app/...make sure to fix permissions to rw-r-r ( you can use Root Explorer or similar software)
5) Install “com.motioncoding.beats-2.apk”
6) Use“Beat audio installer” in the app drawer to install “Awesome Beats” and it will ask for reboot.
7) After reboot, head to settings> sounds>music effects and change the music effects to “Awesome Beats” ( music fx stopped working message may come up, but it only happens once)
8) Head to “Awesome Beats” app in the app drawer and enable audio boost for speaker, headset and Bluetooth.( and any other changes you like)
9) Done….

Note: if it doesn’t work for you simply reset the music effect to Music Fx and uninstall the app.

Thanks to immor2al
(Motioncoding.Beats-2.apk) http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1184085&d=1341716098
(AwesomeBeats.apk) http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1184086&d=1341716098

This is not my works please show some love to kemtehani for his post

I have tested this on Galaxy SIII skyrocket R4 and have had no issue

russellglen72

May 7, 2012
Baytown Tx
beats

Ok thanks got it dunny me :eek:

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

tryed wil power amp BOY what a difference.did not sound thast good on google player.Bass is depper more thump.I installed on t989:good:

WolfmanRobby

Apr 9, 2010
Gainesville, GA
There is a much easier way.
If you are rooted, just get the "Beats Audio Installer" from the Play Store (It's free). Run it, let it install, then reboot the phone.

I did it yesterday and it worked great! Makes my $20 Sony ear buds sound better than any I've ever heard.

motioncoding

Nov 23, 2011
Freiburg
www.motioncoding.com
If you are rooted, just get the "Beats Audio Installer" from the Play Store (It's free). Run it, let it install, then reboot the phone.
com.motioncoding.beats ist actually the App from the Play Store. The only difference is that we keep it updated in the Play Store and this static link won't be updated I guess.

@ Threadstarter: Please give proper credit to us and give a link to Play.

aycockonxion

Jul 15, 2012
Tulsa

I did it yesterday and it worked great! Makes my $20 Sony ear buds sound better than any I've ever heard.

Does this really replace all the OP steps? It doesn't create an app in the app drawer called Awesome Beats, but every time I boot the notification bar does say "Beats Audio On" .. More than one way to skin a cat, or different thing entirely?

Awesome beats is working so nicely on my skyics ROM. You get an actual app that gives you options to customize your music instead of just a logo.

I originally installed the play store app (beats audio, root required) and it did nothing on my ROM. No noticeable audio difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

STROMAS

Jan 3, 2012
Conway
Where is the app located to play with the settings, I've got everything installed and rebooted with the notification but no app anywhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
difference?

is there a difference between this and the beatsaudio.zip?

Bam-Bamm

May 29, 2011
Houston, TX
edit!!!! I just realized what I was missing, and I didn't fully read the first thread. So I'm going to try that, and then see if I need to delete the original post I made, seen below in italics.

I've tried this twice, reloaded my GSIII rom R4 from scratch twice. If the screen goes blank, the audio sucks and goes back to normal sound. If I turn the volume up, the sound returns to normal. Then when the sound level bar goes off the screen, the sound quality goes back to normal. When I adjust the volume setting, the super sound returns. Then when the sound level bar goes away, the super sound quality goes back to ****.

What am I Missing?

Model: SGH-I727
ANDROID: 4.0.4
BASEBAND: I727UCLF5 (I'M GONNA CHANGE THAT TO 6 IN A FEW MINUTES.)
KERNEL: 3.0.8-1.5-CYMBALINE mohan_kr
Build# GALAXY SIII SKYROCKET R4

I've contacted the developer for the Beats Audio Installer, but I don't think I was clear enough, so I wanted to post this here.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

BAM!

Last edited:

Bam-Bamm

May 29, 2011
Houston, TX
edit!!!! I just realized what I was missing, and I didn't fully read the first thread. So I'm going to try that, and then see if I need to delete the original post I made, seen below in italics.

I've tried this twice, reloaded my GSIII rom R4 from scratch twice. If the screen goes blank, the audio sucks and goes back to normal sound. If I turn the volume up, the sound returns to normal. Then when the sound level bar goes off the screen, the sound quality goes back to normal. When I adjust the volume setting, the super sound returns. Then when the sound level bar goes away, the super sound quality goes back to ****.

What am I Missing?

Model: SGH-I727
ANDROID: 4.0.4
BASEBAND: I727UCLF5 (I'M GONNA CHANGE THAT TO 6 IN A FEW MINUTES.)
KERNEL: 3.0.8-1.5-CYMBALINE mohan_kr
Build# GALAXY SIII SKYROCKET R4

I've contacted the developer for the Beats Audio Installer, but I don't think I was clear enough, so I wanted to post this here.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

BAM!

Looks like the problem was using Google Play. I used the ROM provided Music Player and the quality has stuck since loading 10 minutes ago. Thanks for this thread and I'm sorry I didn't read......................."READING IS FUNDAMENTAL"

1byrd2stones

Feb 26, 2012
New Orleans
Has anyone lost in-call volume from this ,I noticed in beats installer from playstore after the install I lost call volume ,had to start over.
Skyics f6

head band or khem I'm feeling kind of sour

crashpsycho

Jun 10, 2011
PHOENIX AZ
mine personally has been working fine i have been using an app called equalizer to help boost incall volume the in call volume is pretty crappy stock either way

4dmin

Aug 19, 2010
Is there any Awesome Beats software for PC?
it sounds awesome on android but i would like to use it on windows

or any similar program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome Beats for SGS3:

-Root required

1) Tested on SGS3(i747) and GNote(i717) and GNex(GSM)
    2) Root Required (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1746665)
    3) Download the attachments “AwsomeBeats.apk” and “com.motioncoding.beats-2.apk”
    4) Copy AwsomeBeats.apk to /system/app/...make sure to fix permissions to rw-r-r ( you can use Root Explorer or similar software)
    5) Install “com.motioncoding.beats-2.apk”
    6) Use“Beat audio installer” in the app drawer to install “Awesome Beats” and it will ask for reboot.
    7) After reboot, head to settings> sounds>music effects and change the music effects to “Awesome Beats” ( music fx stopped working message may come up, but it only happens once)
    8) Head to “Awesome Beats” app in the app drawer and enable audio boost for speaker, headset and Bluetooth.( and any other changes you like)
    9) Done….

Note: if it doesn’t work for you simply reset the music effect to Music Fx and uninstall the app.

Thanks to immor2al
    (Motioncoding.Beats-2.apk) http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1184085&d=1341716098
    (AwesomeBeats.apk) http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1184086&d=1341716098

This is not my works please show some love to kemtehani for his post

I have tested this on Galaxy SIII skyrocket R4 and have had no issue
    is there a way to get rid of the beats logo in the status bar on htc evo 4g the original one? when beats is not in use....
    Does this still work? I'm trying to use this on my ONE S running Paranoid Android, but think this is relevant because it's the same app. I've installed it and everything but where can I change it in the settings? can't find it..

Try kingbeatz, it's a lot better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2