12th July 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2lord

I'm very interested in it. Now I just need to come up with $100...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Same here, i want to preorder one but i got no Money but if it does find its way to canada i will definitly buy one
12th July 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #12  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 54

165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2lord

I'm very interested in it. Now I just need to come up with $100...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixIGamerIx

Same here, i want to preorder one but i got no Money but if it does find its way to canada i will definitly buy one

They don't charge you until August 9th.
12th July 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #13  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 41

1,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvasaur

They don't charge you until August 9th.

Yeah but I want to make sure I will have the $$

12th July 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #14  
Flag Oxford,Oh
Thanks Meter: 11

47 posts
I want one
As someone who has spend several hundred dollars building MAME/Arcade cabinets to get my old school nerd fix in this looks like something I would purchase. Granted I already have some original xbox's that are already loaded with emulators connected to my televisions and 2 Apple TV units in my house I can see this as being a device to combine the two.

I hope this project is successful and if they are available the next time I have an extra 100 bucks to blow I will likely get one.
12th July 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #15  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 54

165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeast715

As someone who has spend several hundred dollars building MAME/Arcade cabinets to get my old school nerd fix in this looks like something I would purchase. Granted I already have some original xbox's that are already loaded with emulators connected to my televisions and 2 Apple TV units in my house I can see this as being a device to combine the two.

I hope this project is successful and if they are available the next time I have an extra 100 bucks to blow I will likely get one.

This is why I've decided to go ahead and back the project. Even if it flops, those two things alone will make it worth the paltry $100.
12th July 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
very interesting....they've gotten over $4 million now....also interesting is the different pledge packages they have (up to $10,000)
13th July 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #17  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 90

449 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykole

very interesting....they've gotten over $4 million now....also interesting is the different pledge packages they have (up to $10,000)

I'll have two please.

If it all goes ahead as planned, they will be looking at releasing an updated version every 2 years i think. They cant go 10 years surely??
13th July 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #18  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
Donate to Me
More
I ran across this the other day on kickstarter and was pumped, my wife was just shaking her head

I am excited to see where this goes especially since they were given the extra cash for development.
14th July 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #19  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 8

56 posts
More
The ideas and concepts this is behind are great: an affordable console (not meant to compete with other consoles such as the PS3 or 360), development for it is free, and the creators urge others to root it as they wish! Great platform for indie devs, truly.

Though, I do see a lot problems here. One of them being the hardware for the machine, but it isn't with the hardware itself: it's with the progress of android hardware in general. At the rate we're going now, the Ouya will be too outdated to play games for more powerful hardware in a relatively short amount of time.

Another issue is with, again, not the machine, but with developers. Too many indie developers are notorious for pumping out lazily-made games and branding them as retro or just making no attempt at making quality games for a quick buck. And then you have free-to-play MMOs, but I'm sure you know where I'm going with that. To put it simply, the Ouya will be plagued with quite the amount of shovelware games, which won't bode well for its sale.

I think I had a few other points to make, but I can't remember them now, LOL.
14th July 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks Meter: 581

4,070 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looking forward to seeing how this fares.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread