Gamestop Nexus 7 confirmed in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

runehasa

Apr 30, 2012
Just confirmed with a personal friend of mine that is a manager of a gamestop. They currently have their stock of Nexus 7s in stock and ready to be sold but are waiting on Asus to give a street date for them. :good:

Reactions: Muo and trampino96

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
Good luck with that. Asus and Google won't want to upset those that ordered at the announcement online, when they could have walked to the end of the road and picked one up instore quicker.

Expect store units to be delayed until after the initial shipments of online ordered have been dispatched to prevent a PR nightmare.

runehasa

Apr 30, 2012
Good luck with that. Asus and Google won't want to upset those that ordered at the announcement online, when they could have walked to the end of the road and picked one up instore quicker.

Expect store units to be delayed until after the initial shipments of online ordered have been dispatched to prevent a PR nightmare.

Well just called to confirm my preorder at gamestop. They asked when I preordered and since I was the first one to preorder they said mine is available for pickup tomorrow. Apparently not all of the preorders will be filled tomorrow and it depends on where in line you are. There has been many many cases of devices being available earlier at a local store than people received them direct from the manufacturer. This looks to be the same :highfive:

moehagene

Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville
I'm kinda surprised cause I have heard about other game stops saying July 31 and emails that have said not to sell it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

rmm200

Apr 15, 2011
Bend
I suggest you get there at opening, and don't give them time to read their corporate EMails.

moehagene

Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville
That's my plan. I asked if they were doing a midnight release and I was told this isn't big enough for that. I would be there waiting inline.

tomh1979

Jun 22, 2010
York, PA
Just called and confirmed myself, so I'll be picking mine up tomorrow, hot darn.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ThunderTech

Dec 7, 2011
I pre-ordered on June 26th (thru the Play Store) just after the Nexus 7 was announced at Google I/O. It grieves me to know that I would have been better off waiting two days and ordered thru GameStop after it was announced that they would be selling the Nexus 7 Tablet, because waiting two more days to place the order would have gotten the tablet in my hands faster. (This is going to make for some really bad PR for Google...)
Edit: Had the wrong date of July 4th... (wrote from memory and remember a big event on July 4 - LHC announcement of finding the Higgs partical... Somehow crossed that with the Google I/O event the previous week)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

P1 Wookie

Jun 10, 2011
South Carolina
I pre-ordered on July 4th (thru the Play Store) just after the Nexus 7 was announced. It grieves me to know that I would have been better off waiting two days and ordered thru GameStop after it was announced that they would be selling the Nexus 7 Tablet, because waiting two more days to place the order would have gotten the tablet in my hands faster. (This is going to make for some really bad PR for Google...)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Umm it was announced like a week before July 4th . I pre ordered through gamestop June 28

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

the noan

Jun 15, 2010
San Antonio
OnePlus 7 Pro
i pre ordered yesterday at the store, the guy told me august 1st but probably earlier. went back today to finish paying it off and the same guy told me that they had to wait for asus and google to set a release date. he also said that i will more than likely have it in my hands way before august 1st but couldnt give me an exact date. heres to hoping i get that call tomorrow or the next day. congrats to those of you that are getting it tomorrow, assholes! im jealous

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Game stop in Tampa Brandon Fl is selling them tomorrow
For a fact don't believe me call 813-657-1611 I am ****ing pissed I will never order anything from Google again
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

trampino96

Apr 18, 2011
NOBODY is getting it until google and asus announce the official date.. unless you went to Google I/O... they cant and will not give it up before its official.. maybe that is a big hint that tomorrow might be the day, who knows. all i know is that even if it is tomorrow, my local gamestop hasnt recieved their shipment yet, so i wont even recieve mine unless it comes tonight (IF it comes out tomorrow)

Vocalshock

May 14, 2012
So half the GameStops are saying come and pick up and half are saying we were told we have to hold them so I guess you just have to be lucky

moehagene

Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville
I received a call from my gamestop saying to come pick it up in the morning. I have no reason to not believe them unless I get a call back from them saying sorry not tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know I'll be going to pick mine up, I was their first pre order. When I called today they told me mine would be available tomorrow and I could pick it up at 10 when they open since they have actual stock. The was no mention of dates, since apparently gamestop wants credit for first release, his words not mine. Originally yes I was told the 31st as well, which was subject to change.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I just called your GameStop and told them about the order from google to hold the tablets until further notice.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Just confirmed with a personal friend of mine that is a manager of a gamestop. They currently have their stock of Nexus 7s in stock and ready to be sold but are waiting on Asus to give a street date for them. :good:
    confirmed, mine is down the street but waiting on google. That's cool, .....suck it google play people...I traded a psp, a ds, 2 ipods and some kids games and got my n7 for $41...seriously tho..I feel bad for ya..

Ouch. Unless all that stuff was in terrible condition you got completely shafted man.
    I paid through google play, I could sell all my electronics on eBay if I wanted for my "trade" probably come out the same or better and never leave my house to buy it at the store, regardless, people need to relax, nobody needs to suck anything. Everyone will get there's soon enough. Acquire some patience.
    My gamestop called me saying my preorder will be ready for pickup tomorrow at store opening