OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,098

454 posts
Universal Naked Driver 0.72
** Google Nexus 4 Added
** Google Nexus 10 Added
** Google Nexus Q Added
** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot
Code:
Windows 8 Instructions

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.
Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Universal Naked Driver 0.72.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.28 MB, 56060 views)
Last edited by 1wayjonny; 17th November 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: better, faster, stronger
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to 1wayjonny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
White Plains, NY
Thanks Meter: 37

410 posts
More
HI,

I see you warning on 0.6.1 about Transformer. So now, is it safe to use your driver with Transformer and HTC phone? ( I am still waiting for my Nexus 7 but I wanna get ready. )
14th July 2012, 06:54 AM   |  #3  
Flag Richmond, Va
Thanks Meter: 15

136 posts
More
thank you so much for this, it was the missing link in my root adventure
15th July 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 141

648 posts
Any drivers for MTP?
16th July 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 67

2,114 posts
More
Yea i'm having issues finding the MTP driver myself. One would think that this would be on Google's site or Asus's site but there isn't anything. Anyone know where to find it?
17th July 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 28

181 posts
More
Whenver I try to install the driver Windows gives me an error saying, ""The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering." And it won't let me install them. Any ideas? Thanks.
17th July 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

492 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmjr90

Whenver I try to install the driver Windows gives me an error saying, ""The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering." And it won't let me install them. Any ideas? Thanks.

You need to click "install anyway" or whatever the button says. This isn't an official hashed driver
17th July 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #8  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 28

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtentpeg

You need to click "install anyway" or whatever the button says. This isn't an official hashed driver

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be an option in Windows 8...=/ I've got adb working from another driver but only when I'm booted into device rather than fastboot or recovery unfortunately. I'll just have to live with a non-permanent CWM for now...
17th July 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,839

8,270 posts
Donate to Me
More
Doesn't seem to work on my amd64-bit machine. I followed the instructions perfectly and it just returns with a error saying "windows was unable to install your nexus"... need help here to get adb/fast boot installed on either windows or Linux.

Edit: NM Got it had to install 64bit pdanet drivers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Last edited by sparksco; 18th July 2012 at 12:38 AM.
18th July 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 7 Android Development by ThreadRank