[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.1 [Updated 10/20/14]

OP WugFresh

11th July 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,248

1,565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.9.1 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, 'any build' mode, advanced restore features,'NRT- Live Log' for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings major changes, including a redesigned hybrid downloader, double check automatic device-detection, live-log toggle, and codebase upgrades for future work. Check out the updated changelogfor a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
Last edited by WugFresh; 20th October 2014 at 08:21 PM.
The Following 1,616 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag The Sunshine State :)
Thanks Meter: 86

81 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to ST3P_2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

116 posts
I'm going to try this. I didn't have much luck using the other one-click out there. But this kit can restore to stock, so I'll do that and try this rooting stuff all over again.
Last edited by EVOXGSR; 11th July 2012 at 11:26 PM.
12th July 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 12

278 posts
More
Does this work with the new 4.1.1 on nexus 7?
Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mintaeroboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

116 posts
everything works great except, I'm not going through with the root. I get stuck on fastboot mode with a message at the top saying "Booting downloaded image". But no action happens. fastboot is frozen and my computer has a message "Waiting for your device to finish booting up..."

Any idea what's going on? The kit worked really well unlocking and locking and restoring stock

I tried all of this on both 4.1 and 4.1.1 and get the same stuck screen results on the root feature, regardless of flashing CWM or not, just plain frozen
Last edited by EVOXGSR; 12th July 2012 at 03:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EVOXGSR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer

1,565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOXGSR

everything works great except, I'm not going through with the root. I get stuck on fastboot mode with a message at the top saying "Booting downloaded image". But no action happens. fastboot is frozen and my computer has a message "Waiting for your device to finish booting up..."

Any idea what's going on? The kit worked really well unlocking and locking and restoring stock

I tried all of this on both 4.1 and 4.1.1 and get the same stuck screen results on the root feature, regardless of flashing CWM or not, just plain frozen

Ok. That is strange. Add me on gchat and hit me up and I will try my best to troubleshoot with you to find out the cause of your problem.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 05:26 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer

1,565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintaeroboy

Does this work with the new 4.1.1 on nexus 7?
Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

Man, that was quick.. I thought I was up to date.. lol.. development is never ending. I will push an update out asap. Looks like I need an updated Superuser. Can you do me a favor and try flashing this in Temp CWM recovery;
http://downloads.noshufou.netdna-cdn...arm-signed.zip

Edit.. I just realized that you phrased that as a question. Try it out. It should work. No harm in trying. I included the latest SuperSU in the toolkit, and had success with it. So go for it.

Cheers

{{ WugFresh }}
Last edited by WugFresh; 12th July 2012 at 05:31 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 934

2,408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

Ok. That is strange. Add me on gchat and hit me up and I will try my best to troubleshoot with you to find out the cause of your problem.

{{ WugFresh }}

Same error here... Did you reach any resolution?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NZtechfreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #9  
OP Recognized Developer

1,565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak

Same error here... Did you reach any resolution?

He did not get back at me, but maybe you can help me. Can you try replacing the modified boot.img in the toolkits data directory with this one instead: http://wug.rootxs.com/modified_boot_...4.1_JRN84D.img

So by default, you would place it here:
Code:
C:\Wugs_NexusRootToolkit.v1.5\data\modified_boot_nakasi_4.1_JRN84D.img
And then retrying the process. If that is it, I am going to feel very silly.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 02:14 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 934

2,408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

He did not get back at me, but maybe you can help me. Can you try replacing the modified boot.img in the toolkits data directory with this one instead: http://wug.rootxs.com/modified_boot_...4.1_JRN84D.img

So by default, you would place it here:

Code:
C:\Wugs_NexusRootToolkit.v1.5\data\modified_boot_nakasi_4.1_JRN84D.img
And then retrying the process. If that is it, I am going to feel very silly.

{{ WugFresh }}

Heh, already got Root using the tried and true ADB method. Restoring stock so I can try and help you out

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NZtechfreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus toolkit, wug's
Previous Thread Next Thread