OP WugFresh

21st February 2013, 12:06 PM   |  #2571  
Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 153

504 posts
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12]
Go here and scroll down a bit for an explanation and fix

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Edit - just read you downloaded the new zip so my advice would be to wait for the new update nrt and hopefully that will work for you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Last edited by pughie; 21st February 2013 at 12:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pughie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 12:55 PM   |  #2572  
Thanks Meter: 113

587 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncaruana

I had used this previously and my Nexus 7 (32GB Wifi) was unlocked and rooted stock without installing a custom recovery. I *thought* I had at least one app on here that would keep root, but I forgot anyway and updated to 4.2.2. So, now I'm still unlocked, but not rooted anymore.

I went and grabbed the new zip file and put it in the tools directory. Now, I'm thinking I can just go to the 'root' step in the toolkit. But I wanted to do a quick backup first. Now I run into issues. I decide to run the driver test and everything is cool right up until the part where it tries to reboot into the bootloader mode and fails.

And here I'm stuck. What is the step that I am missing? I set it to any build, but still nothing stuck in the same spot.

Any ideas?

Went and used another machine (WinXP) and it worked fine. Win7x64 (my other machine) can be a tad problematic with this stuff sometimes.

Back to root! Thanks so much for this awesome little tool!!!
21st February 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #2573  
Thanks Meter: 17

114 posts
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncaruana

....... everything is cool right up until the part where it tries to reboot into the bootloader mode and fails.

And here I'm stuck. What is the step that I am missing? I set it to any build, but still nothing stuck in the same spot.

Any ideas?

The bootloader needs a different driver. You need to install 2 drivers. One for 'normal' connection and a driver for the bootloader.
22nd February 2013, 02:00 AM   |  #2574  
Forum Moderator
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 2,245

2,597 posts
More
Guys.... before posting, please, please search both in this thread and elsewhere - redundant questions only make the thread confusing, and such posts will be removed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Divine_Madcat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 07:47 PM   |  #2575  
Flag Des Plaines
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
If i chose 4.2.1 would that root if i am on 4.2.2
Last edited by Dylan08; 23rd February 2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: delete
23rd February 2013, 08:33 PM   |  #2576  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 442

1,879 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan08

If i chose 4.2.1 would that root if i am on 4.2.2

Worked for me. I didn't change anything from previous options when I used it to unlock and root 4.2.1. Just needed to update sdk and replaced the files with those of that zip provided in a previous post and proceeded to root as I did with 4.2.1.
24th February 2013, 07:03 PM   |  #2577  
Thanks Meter: 8

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmedrano1977

Worked for me. I didn't change anything from previous options when I used it to unlock and root 4.2.1. Just needed to update sdk and replaced the files with those of that zip provided in a previous post and proceeded to root as I did with 4.2.1.

I made the mistake of applying the 4.2.2 update to my rooted Nexus 7. Update went fine but I lost root so I tried using Wug's Root Toolkit to fix it.

I had a problem getting the drivers installed properly. I was using a USB cable from my Samsung Galaxy S III, didn't think it would matter. Once I switched to the Nexus 7 cable, it worked fine. For some reason I was also having a problem extracting the files to the toolkits/data directory and overwriting the old ones. I was using 7 zip and for some reason it wasn't working. I had to delete the originals and copy and paste the new ones.

Once I did that, it took just a few minutes to re-root without losing a thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiteTrekker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 08:38 PM   |  #2578  
Thanks Meter: 14

91 posts
NEW Version 1.6.3 is up and running

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

now officially supported with full 4.2.2 support
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilegales For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 08:56 PM   |  #2579  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,243

1,565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
(Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 09:09 PM   |  #2580  
Thanks Meter: 26

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
(Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}

Hey, Wug,

I get a Hashcheck = Mismatch every time I let the updater do its thing. FWIW, previously I replaced the .exe & .dll files with the ones from your site. But I'm guessing that wouldn't cause this error.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus toolkit, wug's
Previous Thread Next Thread