Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.8 [Updated 11/18/14]

OP WugFresh

13th July 2012, 12:28 AM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
wow....awesome that this now supports all devices

One quick question:

I have Verizon GNex running 4.0.4 IMM76K unlocked and rooted thanks to this toolkit.

Any idea when Official Jelly Beans will be released by Google for this device and how soon will we be able to update
GNex using this toolkit.

Please don't bash...just asking for a vague idea.

Thanks.
13th July 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #22  
Dakota0206's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,038 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronemo

wow....awesome that this now supports all devices

One quick question:

I have Verizon GNex running 4.0.4 IMM76K unlocked and rooted thanks to this toolkit.

Any idea when Official Jelly Beans will be released by Google for this device and how soon will we be able to update
GNex using this toolkit.

Please don't bash...just asking for a vague idea.

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken official is released for all but sprint

And v1.5 supports JB

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
13th July 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #23  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,734
 
1,719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronemo

wow....awesome that this now supports all devices

One quick question:

I have Verizon GNex running 4.0.4 IMM76K unlocked and rooted thanks to this toolkit.

Any idea when Official Jelly Beans will be released by Google for this device and how soon will we be able to update
GNex using this toolkit.

Please don't bash...just asking for a vague idea.

Thanks.

I have no idea when the official JB OTA's will hit the Verizon devices. That's the device I have and I got impatient and flashed JB ROM by vicious. It's pretty much vanilla with a different kernel. But the dev provides a stock kernel as well. I will try to find you a link.

Certainly not here to bash... Questions are always welcome.

{{ WugFresh }}
Last edited by WugFresh; 13th July 2012 at 10:54 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2012, 03:32 AM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Flag Írebro
Thanks Meter: 111
 
528 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Will be using this as soon as I get mine, seems to be the easiest way, appreciate your work man

Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following User Says Thank You to ekanix20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #25  
jimczyz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekanix20

Will be using this as soon as I get mine, seems to be the easiest way, appreciate your work man

Sent from my GT-I9100

I agree. I am one of the people that have a big problem with adb as I am disabled and really like when a 1 click comes out. I will try this as soon as I get mine and would love to donate if it works. You should put a donate button up so those of us that appreciate the work you and others do could show it.
13th July 2012, 04:52 AM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Does this kit also install cwr thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
13th July 2012, 10:35 AM   |  #27  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,734
 
1,719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimczyz

I agree. I am one of the people that have a big problem with adb as I am disabled and really like when a 1 click comes out. I will try this as soon as I get mine and would love to donate if it works. You should put a donate button up so those of us that appreciate the work you and others do could show it.

Thank you. I hope you find to be helpful. Donations are greatly appreciated. I didn't put a button but I included a link in the bottom of the OP. Let me know how it works for you or if you have any suggestions of how I could make it better.

{{ WugFresh }}
13th July 2012, 10:38 AM   |  #28  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,734
 
1,719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdelsan

Does this kit also install cwr thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Yes. You have the option to root with or without installing cwm. I will update it if new cwm versions come out. There are also 1click buttons for flashing any img file to any partition in the advanced utilities section, so you could use those tools to flash an alternate recovery like the one built by team win.

{{ WugFresh }}
13th July 2012, 10:45 AM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,734
 
1,719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3P_2

Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com

I have... But it would be more of a rewrite than a port. I built this with autoit which is a native windows programming language. I learned how to code the majority of this as I went, so all the time I spent just figuring out what I was doing would no longer be that helpful. The task of starting over sounds daunting. If I were to rescript it, what language would you recommend? My Linux proficiency is subpar... I know a little bash script but that's about it

{{ WugFresh }}
13th July 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Flag Bridgend, Wales
Thanks Meter: 228
 
1,199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Doesn't work for me.

Everything is install and no problems with drivers yet it still cant find my Nex7 (running 4.1.1)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus toolkit, wug's
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes