Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.6 [Updated 08/06/14]

Tip us?

geronemo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
wow....awesome that this now supports all devices

One quick question:

I have Verizon GNex running 4.0.4 IMM76K unlocked and rooted thanks to this toolkit.

Any idea when Official Jelly Beans will be released by Google for this device and how soon will we be able to update
GNex using this toolkit.

Please don't bash...just asking for a vague idea.

Thanks.

Dakota0206
Old
Thanks Meter 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronemo View Post

One quick question:

I have Verizon GNex running 4.0.4 IMM76K unlocked and rooted thanks to this toolkit.

Any idea when Official Jelly Beans will be released by Google for this device and how soon will we be able to update
GNex using this toolkit.

Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken official is released for all but sprint

And v1.5 supports JB

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
-dakota0206

WugFresh
Old
(Last edited by WugFresh; 13th July 2012 at 09:54 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronemo View Post

One quick question:

GNex using this toolkit.

Thanks.
I have no idea when the official JB OTA's will hit the Verizon devices. That's the device I have and I got impatient and flashed JB ROM by vicious. It's pretty much vanilla with a different kernel. But the dev provides a stock kernel as well. I will try to find you a link.

Certainly not here to bash... Questions are always welcome.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ekanix20
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Will be using this as soon as I get mine, seems to be the easiest way, appreciate your work man

Sent from my GT-I9100
Phone: Xperia Z1

Bootloader: Unlocked
The Following User Says Thank You to ekanix20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimczyz
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekanix20 View Post
Will be using this as soon as I get mine, seems to be the easiest way, appreciate your work man

Sent from my GT-I9100
I agree. I am one of the people that have a big problem with adb as I am disabled and really like when a 1 click comes out. I will try this as soon as I get mine and would love to donate if it works. You should put a donate button up so those of us that appreciate the work you and others do could show it.
Nexus 4 Rooted
Rom: Stock 4.2.2
Build: JDQ39
CWM 6.0.2.3 Touch

Nexus 7 Rooted
ROM: CM10.1 nightlies
Build: JDQ39 4.2.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.1.0 Touch

Retired:
Rooted HTC Amaze running CM 10.1 BABY!
Unlocked S - Off
Running dcacklam-mk4-kernel
Using HTC AMAZE 4G Colorbox theme!
CWM 5.8.0.9 Touch Recovery

The Thanks button works wonders.

vdelsan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Does this kit also install cwr thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 5050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimczyz View Post
I agree. I am one of the people that have a big problem with adb as I am disabled and really like when a 1 click comes out. I will try this as soon as I get mine and would love to donate if it works. You should put a donate button up so those of us that appreciate the work you and others do could show it.
Thank you. I hope you find to be helpful. Donations are greatly appreciated. I didn't put a button but I included a link in the bottom of the OP. Let me know how it works for you or if you have any suggestions of how I could make it better.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 5050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdelsan View Post
Does this kit also install cwr thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
Yes. You have the option to root with or without installing cwm. I will update it if new cwm versions come out. There are also 1click buttons for flashing any img file to any partition in the advanced utilities section, so you could use those tools to flash an alternate recovery like the one built by team win.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 5050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3P_2 View Post
Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
I have... But it would be more of a rewrite than a port. I built this with autoit which is a native windows programming language. I learned how to code the majority of this as I went, so all the time I spent just figuring out what I was doing would no longer be that helpful. The task of starting over sounds daunting. If I were to rescript it, what language would you recommend? My Linux proficiency is subpar... I know a little bash script but that's about it

{{ WugFresh }}

recklesslife85
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Doesn't work for me.

Everything is install and no problems with drivers yet it still cant find my Nex7 (running 4.1.1)
Current Phone(s)

iPhone 5S, OnePlus One

Past Phones
Siemens A55, Nokia 3210, Motorola V600, Samsung D500, Motorola Razr, LG Prada, HTC Diamond, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation, iPhone 4, Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus, HTC HD7, Dell Venue Pro, iPhone 4S, HTC One X, Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Xperia Z, HTC One, Galaxy S4, LG G2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3, HTC One (m8), Galaxy S5