bringing AOKP to Xperia
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project.
Its another custom rom like cyanogenmod, but with much more features and customisations.
The development is headed by RomanBB who is a full time college student.
More details can be found on http://aokp.co
FAQ >> http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21575-aokp-faq/
what is aokp ? >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthrebuildad.php?t=1681477
This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.
KangXperiaProject is our noob-ish project to build AOKP (not port) from sources for Xperia line of phones, as Xperia devices are not supported officially by AOKP officially as of yet.
Members of KangXperiaProject are :
Supervenom , Championswimmer, Stelios97, Daveee10, Pikpok
(We are not any great developers, we use sources from CM team, AOKP team, and Freexperia Team)
KangXperiaProject ROMs contain some added unofficial features in addition to AOKP.
You can find lots of themes from GummyROM and a better AlarmClock + Stopwatch by Achep.
More devs willing to work are welcome. It will be easier to maintain more devices then
AOKP has hundreds of awesome features added over AOSP and CM9
a list can be found here
In general, what is different in AOKP is that all special settings are placed under "ROM control" and not mixed under settings as in CM9
Also some very user friendly features are provided, like on screen buttons can be switched on and off using a toggle, we can switch on the torch using power button long press and many such features.
Also lockscreen, task manager, and many aspects can be customized a lot.
The official AOKP changelog can be found here
Unofficial Changelog for KXP is found here on post#3
WORKING / NOT-WORKING
---- WORKING ----
Someone needs to test the ROM and inform me
Anything that is not working on FXP CM9 will also not for on KXP-AOKP for now since the device source tree is from their project
Downloads are listed here at post#4
- Copy the zip file to sd card
- Use the kernel in package or FXP CM9 latest kernel
- Flash the kernel using flashtool/fastboot
- Boot phone, go into recovery (press back when led is purple)
- make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system
- install zip from sd card (and flash any patches that are provided)
- reboot and enjoy
Download > http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
Screenshots are posted here at post#2
SOURCES (willing devs are invited to work on this project)
Sources will be hosted on
Please contact members of KangXperiaProject if you want to participate in development.
If you want to port any parts from this, please notify us before
- FreeXperia Project and it's members (FXP, bin4ry, defer), without them this project was not possbile
- TeamKang (RomanBB, ProTekk, whitehawkx, khasmek and everybody else) who made an awesome project
- Cyanogenmod Team
- TeamGummy for the awesome Themes based on ThemeChooser
- Achep for the awesome DeskClock replacement
Thanks to various devs associated with Xperia devices like DoomLord, Keiran, Achotjan, Sirkay, Blagus, NobodyAtall, Androxyde... and many many more