Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] AOKP 4.4.4 (Kitkat) Task650 (9.10.2014) (Unified)

OP task650

18th February 2013, 03:37 PM   |  #23191  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,851

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abmicyau

Sorry if this has been asked before but quick question - Is there a way to remove the camera panel from the lockscreen? Thanks in advance.

Nope
18th February 2013, 04:37 PM   |  #23192  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed for a while until the mess is cleaned up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #23193  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 27,301

15,903 posts
More
Members if you have an issue why not just provide a logcat, or better yet since this is a Development Forum, if you have issues why not do some development of your own...and the logcat would not just be for the OP, for others that are here for some true development they can take your logcat and see what they can do, so many just come to the threads looking to see what they can flash, and do not do any development, well ok fine I say you do that and just move on if you have issues that you do not want to learn from and fix on your own.
Posting what you believe is an issue or not will not get it fixed in the manner you want it, as if it could very well not be an issue for the OP/RD.
Since all of our devices work differently due to the individual, again find your solution to your issue and then making a valid post as to: My issue was XXXXX, and I did this XXXXX to resolve it, so if others have that issue they can see and possibly benefit from it, not "hey have this issue will or you need to fix it..."

Thread Cleaned and I hope there is some understanding here, Thank You.
Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 18th February 2013 at 04:50 PM.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:01 PM   |  #23194  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe2675

Members if you have an issue why not just provide a logcat, or better yet since this is a Development Forum, if you have issues why not do some development of your own...and the logcat would not just be for the OP, for others that are here for some true development they can take your logcat and see what they can do, so many just come to the threads looking to see what they can flash, and do not do any development, well ok fine I say you do that and just move on if you have issues that you do not want to learn from and fix on your own.
Posting what you believe is an issue or not will not get it fixed in the manner you want it, as if it could very well not be an issue for the OP/RD.
Since all of our devices work differently due to the individual, again find your solution to your issue and then making a valid post as to: My issue was XXXXX, and I did this XXXXX to resolve it, so if others have that issue they can see and possibly benefit from it, not "hey have this issue will or you need to fix it..."

Thread Cleaned and I hope there is some understanding here, Thank You.

Perfect ^^^^
The Following User Says Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:01 PM   |  #23195  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
On that note. Good morning guys.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #23196  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 45

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abmicyau

Sorry if this has been asked before but quick question - Is there a way to remove the camera panel from the lockscreen? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

Nope

There is a way to do this. And it works exactly as described.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eadminkeyguard
Last edited by Jaspah; 18th February 2013 at 05:49 PM.
18th February 2013, 05:35 PM   |  #23197  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspah

Aaaaaaactually, there is. And it works exactly as described.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eadminkeyguard

That's an app. Not an option in this rom. You should be replying to the user that was asking. Not me.
The Following User Says Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #23198  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 45

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

That's an app. Not an option in this rom. You should be replying to the user that was asking. Not me.

You're right, I edited my post.

That being said, perhaps you could look into making this an option on your ROM? Google's implementation of the camera and widget access was kinda... meh. It'd be nice to have some additional customization for the lockscreen baked in without downloading another app.
18th February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #23199  
Thanks Meter: 15

328 posts
4.2.2 release is uber fast for me. I recommend this ROM to everyone I know with this phone. It also keeps from upgrading to the likes of Xperia 2.

Is CPU-Sleeper-like process included in this ROM? It shuts down one core unless it needs to be used and saves me a lot of battery hours. I go 2.5 days without the need to recharge with moderate usage.
18th February 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #23200  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspah

You're right, I edited my post.

That being said, perhaps you could look into making this an option on your ROM? Google's implementation of the camera and widget access was kinda... meh. It'd be nice to have some additional customization for the lockscreen baked in without downloading another app.

One of the biggest part of android is being able to download a ton of apps. I still haven't figured out why people don't want to download an app to have more functionality or a feature that they want. It's the same thing as building it into a ROM most of the time. Gmail is an app, Rom Control is an app (Framework stuff needed for this one though), and the list goes on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android open kang project, butthole, jelly bean :), kitkat, suck it, use report button instead of flaming, user support thread in q&a for all the questions
Previous Thread Next Thread