Post Reply

[ROM] AOKP 4.4.4 (Kitkat) Task650 (9.10.2014) (Unified)

OP task650

24th February 2013, 03:38 AM   |  #23671  
alacrify's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,945
 
3,433 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
As a general question for those reporting problems: have you flashed other ROMs in between Task ROMs? I'm wondering if something isn't getting cleaned out by a regular full wipe, since I never see these problems and I don't switch ROMs (and Task doesn't release if he sees problems). I'm not blaming other ROMs, just trying to identify where the problems could be coming from.

And please, don't flood with a "yes I do" or "no I don't" bunch of responses - I think it would just be helpful if you mention it when posting problems and associated logs and last_kmesgs. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to alacrify For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #23672  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubcramp

Still getting an unresponsive screen on what I assume is the end of the CRT animation based on the white horizontal line across the screen. I'm running the latest version, clean wipe.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me three times this morning (black screen, faint white line across the middle) but was working and unfortunately was unable to grab any logcats. I was also experiencing the lag and graphics others mentioned yesterday but the latest kernel task posted resolved that (and perhaps "caused" this). I am just about to wipe my phone clean and start over from the latest release.

- Aaron
The Following User Says Thank You to rogersa2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 04:18 AM   |  #23673  
78Staff's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cosmo, Fl
Thanks Meter: 371
 
1,328 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersa2k

I had exactly the same thing happen to me three times this morning (black screen, faint white line across the middle) but was working and unfortunately was unable to grab any logcats. I was also experiencing the lag and graphics others mentioned yesterday but the latest kernel task posted resolved that (and perhaps "caused" this). I am just about to wipe my phone clean and start over from the latest release.

- Aaron


Twice for me today, requires long power off/on. But, dirty flash for me from 2/22, so i'm going to do the needful and redownload, full wipe, etc.

Here is last_kmsg from most recent, if it helps any. I was applying a wallpaper change when it occurred.



Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Files
File Type: txt last_kmsg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (8.1 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by 78Staff; 24th February 2013 at 04:38 AM.
24th February 2013, 04:20 AM   |  #23674  
Helloworld294's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 263
 
975 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)
Same problems as above.

LAST_KMSG: http://db.tt/PYkaRxMa


LOGCAT: http://db.tt/Fl1rSLCe

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 04:29 AM   |  #23675  
Senior Member
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 38
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)
Has anyone at any point had it where the SD card is no longer recognized? Currently on the latest build. I don't recall having this problem before. I thought maybe the SD card was just bad but I tested it and its working. I still put another SD card in and its still not recognized as being installed. So I hope by factory resetting the device and wiping everything it will work. But no, I just have to restore everything and fill all the passwords back and place the apps/widgets back but it still is not working.
I am not seeing anything when doing a google search.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by davidstech11; 24th February 2013 at 04:47 AM.
24th February 2013, 04:31 AM   |  #23676  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify

As a general question for those reporting problems: have you flashed other ROMs in between Task ROMs? I'm wondering if something isn't getting cleaned out by a regular full wipe, since I never see these problems and I don't switch ROMs (and Task doesn't release if he sees problems). I'm not blaming other ROMs, just trying to identify where the problems could be coming from.

And please, don't flood with a "yes I do" or "no I don't" bunch of responses - I think it would just be helpful if you mention it when posting problems and associated logs and last_kmesgs. Thanks

no, b/c this is the only rom i've flashed and im getting the black screen issue. and had the crt line issue too.
Yes full wipe and etc were followed.
This was the only rom i've run and followed directions to the T.

no logs sorry, but now we know its not from other roms.
24th February 2013, 04:54 AM   |  #23677  
task650's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,847
 
21,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit18


no logs sorry, but now we know its not from other roms.

No you don't.
24th February 2013, 05:05 AM   |  #23678  
Wilcox12's Avatar
Member
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 28
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstech11

Has anyone at any point had it where the SD card is no longer recognized? Currently on the latest build. I don't recall having this problem before. I thought maybe the SD card was just bad but I tested it and its working. I still put another SD card in and its still not recognized as being installed. So I hope by factory resetting the device and wiping everything it will work. But no, I just have to restore everything and fill all the passwords back and place the apps/widgets back but it still is not working.
I am not seeing anything when doing a google search.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.google.com/search?aq=0&oq...ding+galaxy+s3


Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 05:17 AM   |  #23679  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 146
 
630 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstech11

Has anyone at any point had it where the SD card is no longer recognized? Currently on the latest build. I don't recall having this problem before. I thought maybe the SD card was just bad but I tested it and its working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did on either 2/20 or first 2/22 build. Thought I had a bad sd card but seemed fine in pc. Only way I could see it was on a file explorer I downloaded from play store. Still have no idea what was wrong...so didn't want to bug anybody here. I'd try re-downloading the newest Rom, FULL WIPE [factory reset, system, cache, dalvik, DATA(that will erase your internal sd card so back it up on pc if needed...I don't keep anything there)]. That seemed to do the trick for me. I will be honest though, I restored a nandroid of a TW Rom before I did that just so TWRP would recognize the external sd card more easily...for whatever reason, when I was having the trouble, TWRP was even having problems seeing the card....it would, then it wouldn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjaney For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 05:29 AM   |  #23680  
Senior Member
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 38
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.22.2013b 2nd Release) (AT&T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjaney

I did on either 2/20 or first 2/22 build. Thought I had a bad sd card but seemed fine in pc. Only way I could see it was on a file explorer I downloaded from play store. Still have no idea what was wrong...so didn't want to bug anybody here. I'd try re-downloading the newest Rom, FULL WIPE [factory reset, system, cache, dalvik, DATA(that will erase your internal sd card so back it up on pc if needed...I don't keep anything there)]. That seemed to do the trick for me. I will be honest though, I restored a nandroid of a TW Rom before I did that just so TWRP would recognize the external sd card more easily...for whatever reason, when I was having the trouble, TWRP was even having problems seeing the card....it would, then it wouldn't.

Thanks, that's exactly what's happening to me. I think. If I remove the SD card and put it in the computer it works.
I am going to try what you suggested. Have a good weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android open kang project, butthole, jelly bean :), kitkat, suck it, use report button instead of flaming, user support thread in q&a for all the questions
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes