Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] Pc Odin wont stay open for more than 1second?

Tip us?

MrAllstar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [HELP] Pc Odin wont stay open for more than 1second?

Hi Guys,

Long time reader/downloader. First time poster.

Ok so I downloaded Odin from a few different threads in the SGN forum, unzipped it with winzip14 and odin wont stay open for more than 1 second, it just flashes up and goes away. Any help would be amazing i just brought a SGN and its got shamefull ICS on it so i want to down-date to GB to be safe.

Im running windows 7 ultimate x64 bit

Akilesh
Old
Thanks Meter 30
PC-ODIN comes by default with two support files. You need to have them along while running the program. I have attached the file just in case.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin3-v1.85.zip - [Click for QR Code] (198.9 KB, 466 views)
Press "Thanks" if you find my post helpful.

jsnbnit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAllstar View Post
Hi Guys,

Ok so I downloaded Odin from a few different threads in the SGN forum, unzipped it with winzip14 and odin wont stay open for more than 1 second, it just flashes up and goes away. Any help would be amazing i just brought a SGN and its got shamefull ICS on it so i want to down-date to GB to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilesh View Post
PC-ODIN comes by default with two support files. You need to have them along while running the program. I have attached the file just in case.
im having this same issue and i re-downloaded the file from the next post and it was exactly the same as what i already had and gives me the same issue (not staying open for more than a split second) ive searched and searched and read till my eyes were bleeding and i cant seem to find a reason/solution to this problem. ive disabled/removed my anti virus and allowed the program thru windows firewall and everything else i can think of and nothing is working. does anyone know why this could be happening? thank u in advance

warfareonly
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Default Re: [Q] [HELP] Pc Odin wont stay open for more than 1second?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnbnit View Post
im having this same issue and i re-downloaded the file from the next post and it was exactly the same as what i already had and gives me the same issue (not staying open for more than a split second) ive searched and searched and read till my eyes were bleeding and i cant seem to find a reason/solution to this problem. ive disabled/removed my anti virus and allowed the program thru windows firewall and everything else i can think of and nothing is working. does anyone know why this could be happening? thank u in advance
Check if it is running as administrator?

jsnbnit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfareonly View Post
Check if it is running as administrator?
yes, im running as admin, have all drivers installed and ive disabled all antivirus and still the odin program just flashes for a split second and then closes. im at a loss here! ive rooted several devices (including the evo with the wire trick) so im pretty good at following directions. ive tried super one click and root with restore and because the ni7i7 doesnt have the option of usb charge only, all i get with those methods is "cant find specified path" ugh....i dont know what to do at this point....please help!

Anthropostar
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Default Re: [Q] [HELP] Pc Odin wont stay open for more than 1second?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAllstar View Post
Hi Guys,

Switch to linux and use heimdall ;p

Dunno but isnt odin written in sharp?
Check if have .net4 installed ?
Maybe its conflicting with Kies? (Uninstall)

Id try those things..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

nokiamodeln91
Old
(Last edited by nokiamodeln91; 30th January 2013 at 09:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2628
Deleted

alvinhaw
Old
Thanks Meter 53
actually there's a simple way to flash ur phone without worries.
any roms just flash on the phone wif Mobile odin n is easy to flash without binary count n yellow triangle.
go here flash ur safe kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1901191
use the safe kernel to do a backup n do a special backup efs backup.
everything backup success, "backup is to prevent flashing breakdown"
reboot phone go here install Mobile odin
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1347899
PC Odin is much more risky.