Simple addition for those who use Google Now on Android 4.0 with ARMv6 and want to take advantage of voice recognition. It won't work correctly on older versions of Google Voice Search, and it will not bring Google Now itself to your phone.
You can immediately start the voice recognition (without pressing the button) by holding down Search button for a while. Launcher shortcut is also available.
- Tweaked Manifest and minimal API Level to make this available for older devices with custom 4.0 ROMs
- Renamed and repackaged to meet Google Play Android Developer Program Policy and Google Play Android Developer Distribution Agreement (DDA)
- You need to uninstall the old version first
- Fixed the bug when sometimes the first search did not work
- It is now possible to turn the voice talkback off
- The donate model was complete disaster, so buy it or let it go :)
- App now integrates with the microphone icon on Google Now search widget
- App now speaks back to you
- Fixed crash
good app..just tried it ..it can be a replacement for the current no voice search
the only small issue i found is ..i need to press enter again in google NOW ..once the words are translated and kept in search box ..to complete the search
(or is this actually not supposed to happen and i missed something ?)
Current phone: Nexus 5 -with franko kernel
Ex phone: HTC sensation 4G, Revelation Rom
agree with ganeshp. have to press enter again after the words are inputted into the search box.
can it be set to start by just pressing the search key and not long hold cause I have set long hold being voice command.
In the past few years, Sony Xperia devices have come to be known for … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?