FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

 View Poll Results: Where did you receive your defective Nexus 7 from?

Google Play Store
 
708 Vote(s)
58.13%
GameStop
 
77 Vote(s)
6.32%
ebuyer
 
60 Vote(s)
4.93%
Staples
 
140 Vote(s)
11.49%
Office Depot
 
71 Vote(s)
5.83%
Sams Club
 
40 Vote(s)
3.28%
Adorama
 
15 Vote(s)
1.23%
Walmart
 
90 Vote(s)
7.39%
Best Buy
 
52 Vote(s)
4.27%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Nexus 7 defects?

13th July 2012, 08:13 PM |#1  
lazaro17's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
How many of you are having manufacturer defects out of the box?

Had a dead pixel on mine that I picked up from GameStop

Also it seems the screen is coming up on the left like if the adhesive is giving out already.

I spoke to GameStop who referred me to play store but then play store said any warranty claims have to be done through the retailer. Obviously GameStop is out of stock but they said they were emailing corporate for me today to ask for another unit to be sent. So I should have mine replaced around Wednesday hopefully.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

*EDIT* - Poll added

Another member (Capt.PP) asked me to include a poll to ask where we got our defective Nexus 7 tablets. If your place isn't on the list please include it in your post.
Last edited by lazaro17; 17th July 2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Edit for poll
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazaro17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
13th July 2012, 08:52 PM |#2  
tdrussell's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
LCD happens
13th July 2012, 09:22 PM |#3  
lazaro17's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrussell

LCD happens

I got so used to amoled screens I forgot about dead pixels on LCD. Is it possible it being an LCD it might just be stuck?

Anyone ever have any success with one of those stuck pixel fix apps?

Either way I'm doing an exchange because of the screen not being recessed on left side properly. But hopefully no dead pixels on next one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
13th July 2012, 09:24 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
So this guy's trolling was in reality not a troll?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post28712748
13th July 2012, 09:31 PM |#5  
lazaro17's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrager

So this guy's trolling was in reality not a troll?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post28712748

Lol. Looks like trolling but I did read in another thread a guy had issue with his screen stating to come off his I/O device. I noticed mine while I was holding it on the left side the screen was giving in and making some creaking and such. Upon closer inspection I noticed on the left side/middle area the screen was actually sitting above the frame. Everywhere else it was sitting nicely and recessed under the frame.

Anyway the risk of defects is always going to be higher with the first runs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
13th July 2012, 09:37 PM |#6  
androidkid311's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 240
 
More
Snaaap! Got mine today but seems OK... how to notice dead pixels..?? Lol. I'll have another look at my screen !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
13th July 2012, 09:44 PM |#7  
WindyCityRockr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,055
 
Donate to Me
More
Picked mine up from GameStop too. So far, no problems with it! Hope you get yours fixed soon. ^.^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
13th July 2012, 09:51 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I have a slight light bleed In bottom left corner. Anyone else have this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to nozzla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2012, 10:07 PM |#9  
lazaro17's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidkid311

Snaaap! Got mine today but seems OK... how to notice dead pixels..?? Lol. I'll have another look at my screen !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Download a dead pixel test app on play store. Its basically solid color backgrounds you alternate so in some cases you'll be able to see the pixel in a red background etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
13th July 2012, 10:12 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazaro17

How many of you are having manufacturer defects out of the box?

Had a dead pixel on mine that I picked up from GameStop

Also it seems the screen is coming up on the left like if the adhesive is giving out already.

I spoke to GameStop who referred me to play store but then play store said any warranty claims have to be done through the retailer. Obviously GameStop is out of stock but they said they were emailing corporate for me today to ask for another unit to be sent. So I should have mine replaced around Wednesday hopefully.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Could you be kind enough to post a pic of your screen defect?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes