View Poll Results: Where did you receive your defective Nexus 7 from?
Google Play Store 704 58.13%
GameStop 77 6.36%
ebuyer 60 4.95%
Staples 139 11.48%
Office Depot 71 5.86%
Sams Club 40 3.30%
Adorama 15 1.24%
Walmart 90 7.43%
Best Buy 50 4.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1211. You may not vote on this poll

Nexus 7 defects?

OP lazaro17

18th July 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #361  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 337

1,190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibliam

After the fix, it is still slightly raised, but much less squishy. I really don't think doing an RMA is worth it.

What "fix" are you referring to?
18th July 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #362  
Thanks Meter: 28

573 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by just lou

Was it like this right out of the box? Is it possible you installed a crappy app that is running in the background? I'd do a full factory reset first before returning it.

it was like this out of the box, changing through home screen showed much lag, though i will try a factory reset one more time and see if that will do it.
18th July 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #363  
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
I had slight screen flickering issues. I removed the automatic brightness setting and it stopped. Hopefully it stays that way...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
18th July 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #364  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 472

1,383 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi

Unfortunately, this is EXACTLY what I expected with this device. I own the Prime and Asus is simply terrible when it comes to designing and supporting their tablets. TERRIBLE. Part of me is mad at Google for choosing crappy Asus for the Nexus 7, however I'd bet almost anything that Asus was the only company that was able to meet Google's $200 price point (it's not that hard to do when you use crappy parts and have zero quality control).

I expected the same thing too being a Prime owner, but there are good units out there. If your device isn't up to snub exchange it. At least the big screen thing that seems to be tightened screws isnt a hardware issue like wifi/bt on the Prime or metal backplate or you name it. Every manufacturer you can get faulty lcds from all luck of the draw

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxferro

What "fix" are you referring to?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1781237
18th July 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #365  
Thanks Meter: 28

573 posts
seems that i might have just gotten a lemon... lag is over the top on my tablet
18th July 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #366  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 337

1,190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMagus

I expected the same thing too being a Prime owner, but there are good units out there. If your device isn't up to snub exchange it. At least the big screen thing that seems to be tightened screws isnt a hardware issue like wifi/bt on the Prime or metal backplate or you name it. Every manufacturer you can get faulty lcds from all luck of the draw

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1781237

yep, I found it like 5-10 mins ago. I took my back off and sure enough a few screws were loose. Most on the side that was fine. But I torqued them all down a bit and it seems better. Hopefully it stays this way.

Edit: It still seems the left side glass is raised above the bezel... and I still hear the adhesive sound when I push it.. guess it didn't work for me
Last edited by Luxferro; 18th July 2012 at 08:26 PM.
18th July 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #367  
Thanks Meter: 52

714 posts
More
Unbelievable! I was just on hold for 35 minutes, finally got through and while I was talking to the guy the call was disconnected! Well, here's to another 35 minute wait, if I'm lucky I'll get through.
18th July 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #368  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 22

478 posts
More
Thumbs down Cracked screen
Mine came last evening and had a cracked screen (bottom center up about 1/8 to the right screen. I called and waited for about 72 minutes and then disconnected. Called back and waited another 36 minutes. A person appologized and appologized and thanked me for my patience. Put me on hold three times while she looked up the order. She told me she would send me an email with what to do. I got the email within a half hour. The email told me to wait for another email to tell me what to do. I am still waiting.

I just sent them an email telling them I no longer want a replacement device. Google should not be in the hardware business. While they have more than proven themselves to be great software folks, they have totally failed as a vendor (distributor) of hardware. I will be glad to pay more and get something that is properly supported.
18th July 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #369  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
So upon discovering that the left side of my girlfriends n7 was raised, and opting out of doing an RMA in the interest of time since were leaving the country, I took my flathead screwdriver and lifted up a small piece of the back, got my finger nail in it, and slid it around the perimeter, very easily removing the back. However while I was tightening the screws to keep the screen down, I noticed there was a great i fourth button on the device, there was the power, two for volume, and one more under them, anyone else notice this?

Also, is screen flickering normal? Does everyone have it or should I get a new one from gs?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by AngusTutnbull; 18th July 2012 at 09:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AngusTutnbull For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #370  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I also received my 16gb N7 from the play store yesterday and is having the same issue as some of the people here. The left side of the screen is very slightly raised and once i start using the device, the screen starts creeping above the bezel then starts making these irritating creaking noises. I was on hold for an hour with google last night and was finally able to speak with a CS representative who informed me that my case was being escalated and that I would receive an email from a case manager who would provide me with instructions on how to exchange the device. The CS assured me that they would send me a replacement device first with a pre-paid label, and that I would send in my current N7 once I received my replacement. I have yet to receive an email from the case manager but hopefully, it will be a less tedious experience than yesterday.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread