We have got root acces
Unfortunatelly nobody seems to get root, i will try to find out why it worked for me...
I got root acces (and so did a friend of mine) but for some weird reason nobody else seems to get it with the steps i posted. I will explain step by step what i did and had on my pc while gaining root acces:
- I am working on a fresh Windows 7 64 bit pc
- I have never had any lg software installed on it (just formated my hard drives and re installed Windows)
- I have a stock non-branded Dutch LG p-880
- I connected my phone, put it in USB-Debugging mode
- Found out not all of the drivers where installed correctly
- Went to the LG website, downloaded and installed the LGMobile support tool
- In the support tool i went to instal drivers (at the right top), whent to the LGP-880 and double clicked for installing the drivers
- I had the phone connectivity switched on at LG PC Software
- Then i ran the root.bat file and nothing happend
- Changed the phone's connectivity to Charging only and ran the boot.bat file again and that did the trick.
First off all I have to mention i didn't do any development at all and credits go to kennethpenn for his ''One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux) root'' and to one of my close friends for telling me about the tool.
I just wanted to find out how to get root and thought, why not? So i started the script and it gave me root acces, installed SU and a Busybox.
This is how to do it:
- Download and install the LG Optimus 4x HD drivers from the LGMobile Support Tool (you can download it from LG's website or download it here
) Start the program, at the top right corner press install drivers and look for the LG P880 then double klick
- Download kennethpenn's root tool here
and extract it to a folder you want
- Plug your device in your computer and turn USB Debugging on: Settings, developer options, USB Debugging. Make sure your connection option is set to charge only.
- Now double click root.bat
- Your device will restart a couple of times and congratulations: You've got root
I did all of this without installing/using lg pc suite
As always, i am not responsible (neither is kennethpenn) for bricking your device.
You can find the original thread here