Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL]TF201 NVFLash [Updated 21. July]

Tip us?

rayman
Old
(Last edited by rayman; 21st July 2012 at 09:56 AM.) Reason: Clarify license
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,089

DONATE TO ME
Cool [TOOL]TF201 NVFLash [Updated 21. July]

After much hard work and scary semi-bricks, we are proud to finally provide nvflash to the masses!

This release allows unlocked devices to create a set of device-specific files that lets you access nvflash.

Once the procedure is done, you will always be able to recover any software brick (even bootloader!) as long as you keep your files safe!

NOTE: THIS REQUIRES A NON-BRICKED AND UNLOCKED DEVICE. IT WON'T WORK ON ALREADY BRICKED DEVICES

More details at http://androidroot.mobi/?p=452

Important note: We kind of forgot to clarify what the license for wheelie was so here goes. Due to the nature of wheelie and the importance of people always using the latest version, Wheelie is NOT redistributable! You are allowed to download it and use it, but you are not allowed to redistribute it in any way - this means no GUI's including it, no reposting zips/tar.gz's and similar! At a later date, we will be releasing our source code and relicense it as GPL.

Update log:
  1. 18. July: Added windows version!
  2. 21. July: Clarify License

Enjoy
- AndroidRoot.Mobi Team

NOTE: If anyone wishes to donate, http://androidroot.mobi/donations/ is place to do it! DO NOT DONATE DIRECTLY TO ME.
DO NOT PRIVATE MSG, EMAIL, TRACK ME DOWN ON FACEBOOK OR ANYTHING ELSE.

Sony Xperia Z (Stock!)
ASUS Transformer Prime (CM10.1)
Notion Ink Adam LCD/3G (AOSP ICS)

NvFlash for B70+ Devices
NvFlash: TF201 | TF300 I TF700
The Following 108 Users Say Thank You to rayman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
Dude... exactly what I need. You are awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to john9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

williemeiser
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I already bricked my TF201, stucked at eepad screen. =(
Can this method be used to recover? ex: anybody providing their blob and other necessary files so i can nvflash it? pleasee?? T_T
I can access fastboot though.

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,029

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by williemeiser View Post
I already bricked my TF201, stucked at eepad screen. =(
Can this method be used to recover? ex: anybody providing their blob and other necessary files so i can nvflash it? pleasee?? T_T
I can access fastboot though.
Nobody else can provide their blobs to other users, Each device has a different SBK making them incompatible with other devices.

however, you are not "bricked" if you can access fastboot, you have enough access to perform what is required
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

williemeiser
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
Nobody else can provide their blobs to other users, Each device has a different SBK making them incompatible with other devices.

however, you are not "bricked" if you can access fastboot, you have enough access to perform what is required
Is it? Maybe Im just too nervous. but I cant access recovery. Even when i flashed it in fastboot,still i cannot access it. N im running out of ideas,

lilstevie
Old
Thanks Meter 1,029

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by williemeiser View Post
Is it? Maybe Im just too nervous. but I cant access recovery. Even when i flashed it in fastboot,still i cannot access it. N im running out of ideas,
you could try fastboot boot recovery.img (where you have a cwm image named recovery.img) and see if that boots, if that doesn't work it is probably a hardware issue.

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,044
are there any plans to make this more automated in a form of something like Vipercontrol exe. or something?

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

The Following User Says Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kmdm
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
are there any plans to make this more automated in a form of something like Vipercontrol exe. or something?
Tbh... If you don't have the ability to follow the simple instructions then you have no business attempting this process at all...
AlphaRev/Revolutionary developer | AndroidRoot.mobi developer

Extract HTC RUUs with: unruu, Decrypt HTC RUU zip files with: ruuveal
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kmdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdm View Post
Tbh... If you don't have the ability to follow the simple instructions then you have no business attempting this process at all...
good one.

I knew someone was going to say that..lol. just like rooting methods and other tweaks, a more simpler automated way usually arrives. I have no problem with this but I'm sure alot of others might.

time will tell. I'm sure this will be cooked up into an app/exe.

its all good though

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilstevie
Old
Thanks Meter 1,029

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
good one.

I knew someone was going to say that..lol. just like rooting methods and other tweaks, a more simpler automated way usually arrives. I have no problem with this but I'm sure alot of others might.

time will tell. I'm sure this will be cooked up into an app/exe.

its all good though
I cannot speak for the others but I personally would not be impressed with this outcome. It is not like other rooting methods and other tweaks, this carries a high brick risk. One-clicks and all those types of installers trivialize the risk that we are trying to make users aware of. Making someone read the instructions gives us the opportunity to really reinforce the risk that you are undertaking.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
apx, nvflash, tf201