Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,997 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

From XDA and the Moderators What this Is

Tip us?

oka1
Old
(Last edited by oka1; 16th July 2012 at 04:22 AM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3706

DONATE TO ME
Default From XDA and the Moderators What this Is

Here is Our new forum.

XDA, the moderators and the powers that be.... have been wrestling with trying to differentiate the Difference between the Code-writing Development and the Quasi-developers that use rom cooking tools or are just porting roms.

To that end we will be going through the development threads in the next couple of weeks and moving the appropriate threads that meet the original code requirement to be placed in this new forum.

Please bear in mind that this is a "Work in Progress" and will take a bit of time to hone and perfect what goes where.

Also, please understand that this does not mean that some developers are on some special pedestal. That is not the case.

I will use an analogy to explain:

A music composer writes an original piece of music. The music composition may be awesome... but his performance of it, may not.
Such often is the case in developers..... often someone comes up with a awesome idea or new code application, but it often ends up being perfected by the use of others putting their creative spin on it.
That is the beauty of The Android Platform and ....XDA provides a fertile field for all to share ideas and collectively improve our experience.

Additionally, we need to provide and track the proper credit to the original code writing Developer and better comply with the GPL requirements of Android......

I hope this clarifys the potential questions

Thanks from the Moderators

~~~ (oka1)~~~

>>>> If I or anyone else helped-you, then •Remember to hit the Thank-You Button• <<<<
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to oka1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roloracer
Old
(Last edited by oka1; 15th July 2012 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 646
So in layman's terms the original development forum will be for devs to post source built roms like aosp, aokp, aocp, cm9, PA, ext. while the android development will be for custom built roms based of stock firmware or leaks of said firmware, built thru a kitchen like DSIXDA's kitchen for example.
. Did I help you? Hit the thanks button!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Dynamic Kat! NC2 - 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Note: [ROM] JBSandwich CM9
Nexus 10: [ROM] ThunderKat 4.4.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roloracer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oka1
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3706

DONATE TO ME
Essentially ......... yes, TBH I need to make sure I have all the requirements perfectly clear in my mind..... Either way this is to make sure the Original code writing participants get the credit they deserve, as well as, to help keep the GPL requirements in Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roloracer View Post
So in layman's terms the original development forum will be for devs to post source built roms like aosp, aokp, aocp, cm9, PA, ext. while the android development will be for custom built roms based of stock firmware or leaks of said firmware, built thru a kitchen like DSIXDA's kitchen for example.

>>>> If I or anyone else helped-you, then •Remember to hit the Thank-You Button• <<<<

pTeronaut
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Has this new sub forum brought about a relaxation of the post count requirement of the pre-existing development forum?

I have noticed a post by a member with a count of '2' in the AOKP Milestone 6 thread.

roloracer
Old
Thanks Meter 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by oka1 View Post
Essentially ......... yes, TBH I need to make sure I have all the requirements perfectly clear in my mind..... Either way this is to make sure the Original code writing participants get the credit they deserve, as well as, to help keep the GPL requirements in Order.
Sounds like a good concept , I'm sure it will help in organizing the development forums.
. Did I help you? Hit the thanks button!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Dynamic Kat! NC2 - 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Note: [ROM] JBSandwich CM9
Nexus 10: [ROM] ThunderKat 4.4.2

slowpc
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Read that these new sub-topics were coming down the pipe and this should be nice to get some good clean look to the area.
-=- AT&T - Google Nexus 4 - Never Forget. 11/13 -=-

andrawer
Old
(Last edited by andrawer; 16th July 2012 at 02:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 148
never mind...I need to be positive not a Debbie Downer.

Jmelendez1
Old
Thanks Meter 99
This is fantastic! I love this addition to XDA. Great job guys...

bmstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 309
I'm generally supportive of the move but I hope it works out. It seems like a HECK of a lot of work to sift throughout all these forums and separate everything and keep on top of it. Here's to a smooth transition.

bsw11
Old
Thanks Meter 33
This might lead to more confusion than what it is worth. I would add some categories to the post and then the ability to just filter the categories on the Topics list screen.

Categories like Based On: Original, CM9, KANG, Other.

You could do the same in the other Sub Forums as well.

General:
Type: Future, Complaint, Suggestions etc.

Apps:
Type: Business, Games, Personal, Utilities

And if you REALLY want to make the forum more useful add reply to a post and organize replies under the posts they were made to.
Barry
900T Galaxy NOTE 3 with Jedi! on AT&T
www.alphabase.com