Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] [SYSTEMUI] Enable Wifi Toggle / Reconfigure and theme toggles [ICS Blue!]

Tip us?

MAD Industries
Old
(Last edited by MAD Industries; 19th July 2012 at 10:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] [SYSTEMUI] Enable Wifi Toggle / Reconfigure and theme toggles [ICS Blue!]

This update zip will replace the SystemUI.apk with one that has the wifi toggle switch enabled in the notification panel. Flash with recovery. A thanks to Cheater912 for requesting this mod.

Note: The toggle switches have been slightly rearranged per my preferences. If you would prefer do have a different order, post reply below.

Please note that there are different versions for stock and for beans rom. Beans are marked accordingly. However,the launcher you are using does not matter.

Description (ordered)
WifiToggle: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode/MobileData
ReturnToStock: Stock SystemUI for touchwiz devices (not beans)
WifiToggleBeansRom: Same as WifiToggle but made for Beans Rom (edit: confirmed working)
AntiToggle: Completely removes toggles

Personalized (ordered)
WifiToggleTokedUp: WiFi/MobileData/AirplaneMode/GPS/Bluetooth
WifiToggleSchaweet: Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound/Airplane/Orientation/PowerSave/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync
WifiToggleSkiddingus: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound
WifiToggleDataBuddyRevell: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/MobileData/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode
WifiToggleNightxFall-Beans: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/MobileData/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode (for beans only)
WifiToggleSchaweet-Beans: Wifi/BT/GPS/Sound/Airplane/Orientation/PowerSave/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync (for beans only)
WifiToggleSkiddingus-Beans: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound (for beans only)
WifiToggleRevolt1: MobileData/GPS/WiFi/Airplane/Sound

Personalized versions can be found here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICS Blue Mod EDIT: Ghosting should be fixed now

I will not be accepting custom requests for the ICS Blue series due to the number of files involved. I apologize for the inconvenience. I wasn't expecting such a huge amount of traffic and requests coming in. Thanks for being a great and active community. I will work to develop a solution with which to allow customized versions of it in the near future. I might create an ICS blue version for the second most popular toggle configuration based on dl count. Most likely one with MobileData in the first section.

The current configuration is as follows:
-Toggle Order: BT/Wifi/GPS/Orientation/Sound/PowerSave/Airplane/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync
-All Toggles are themed blue
-Battery Icon is themed blue

EDIT: GREEN BEANS IS FIXED!! (no really, it is this time. tested + confirmed)

Both stock and beans versions are available. See attached
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To-Do List (bean support where noted) REQUESTS ARE NOW CLOSED (SEE EXPLANATION BELOW)
-kill gps crosshairs (multiple requests) See here for progress
-stock with wifi instead of screen rotation (stam2000) [In Progress]
-wifi/sound/mobiledata/screenrotate/airplane/powersave (cvballa3g0) [In Progress]
-remove "battery is full" notification (revolt1) See here for progress
-color date ICS blue (Schaweet)
-AntiToggle w/ ICS Blue battery (aatrek)
-Wifi/BT/GPS/Airplane/Orientation/Sound/DrivingMode/MobileData/Sync (Zoandroid)
-No Animation (MAD Industries)

if you are on this list and you are using the bean rom and the entry is not marked for bean, please send me a PM so I can correct it

CLOSED: Because I need to develop a system to more quickly and dynamically generate these files. This will allow a greater level of support as well as personalization. The tradeoff is time. I will have to devote a certain amount of time to this project instead of the requests once I am through with the current list. Rest assured if you are on the list right now, you have priority. Thank you for all the positive feedback this thread has gained. It's had much more impact than I could have imagined.

--
Attached Files
File Type: zip WifiToggle.zip - [Click for QR Code] (973.9 KB, 2082 views)
File Type: zip ReturnToStock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (957.9 KB, 777 views)
File Type: zip WifiToggleBeansRom.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.20 MB, 424 views)
File Type: zip ICSBlue-WifiToggleTokedUp.zip - [Click for QR Code] (963.2 KB, 416 views)
File Type: zip AntiToggle.zip - [Click for QR Code] (970.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: zip AntiToggle-Beans.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.20 MB, 100 views)
File Type: zip ICSBlueFull.zip - [Click for QR Code] (963.2 KB, 1042 views)
File Type: zip ICSBlueFull-Beans.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.21 MB, 379 views)
[Team EOS]
The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to MAD Industries For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thekendog
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD Industries View Post
This update zip will replace the SystemUI.apk with one that has the wifi toggle switch enabled in the notification panel. Flash with recovery.

Note: The toggle switches have been slightly rearranged per my preferences. If you would prefer do have a different order, post reply below.

EDIT: This is for stock roms with touchwizUI. However,the launcher you are using does not matter.
Could you possibly explain which xml files and which parts of those files to edit in order to get rid of certain toggles? I only want 5 total toggles on there and am just now learning how to edit this stuff.

TokedUp
Old
(Last edited by TokedUp; 16th July 2012 at 01:01 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847
WOW thanks a lot this is great! Can you post a Screen shot?

Any chance you can make one with just GPS, WiFi, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth? in that order? Im on VZW btw
Samsung Galaxy S III VZW, Rooted, UNLOCKED, Blue, 16gb Int, 64gbExt
[ROM] [OFFICIAL ROM] [AOSPA] [D2LTE] ParanoidAndroid by Ayysir
[Kernel] Lean Kernel by Imoseyon http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32286-ker...listic-kernel/
www.TOOLBAND.com
Lets Go Yankees!
Duck Hunt apk from NES (Hit the Thanks button): http://d-h.st/Uag

MAD Industries
Old
(Last edited by MAD Industries; 15th July 2012 at 11:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekendog View Post
Could you possibly explain which xml files and which parts of those files to edit in order to get rid of certain toggles? I only want 5 total toggles on there and am just now learning how to edit this stuff.
Sure. You will want to decompile /system/app/SystemUI.apk using apktool. (dont forget to apktool if framework-res.apk so you dont get decompile errors, also make a backup of SystemUI.apk) Then go to /SystemUI/res/values/arrays.xml and you will find a quicksettings array. That will list both the order and type of toggles. You just add/remove/move the lines around.

EDIT: Also, you cant just recompile and push to phone. You must recompile and pull the resources.arsc out of the new apk and then slip that into the original apk file that you pulled.

If you need more specific help, join me on freenode. #verizons3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokedUp View Post
WOW thanks a lot this is great! Can you post a Screen shot?

Any chance you can make one with just WiFi, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, GPS, Bluetooth? in that order?
Yes, and yes.
[Team EOS]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAD Industries For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pdinphx
Old
(Last edited by pdinphx; 16th July 2012 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
Sheer awesomeness ....

Edit: Flashed this twice and nothing changed ...

Works now !!!

PJ
Phoenix AZ

manchild83
Old
(Last edited by manchild83; 16th July 2012 at 02:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
*Edit*
I tried this and it did add the wifi toggle.
*Edit*

Tried the new version and it worked. I love it when developers help us put the phone in a condition that the manufacturer intended and not the way Verizon wants it. Thank you.

neyenlives
Old
(Last edited by neyenlives; 16th July 2012 at 01:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchild83 View Post
I tried this and it did not add the wifi toggle.
edited now that it is fixed, working fine on stock GSIII rom using ADW EX Launcher, no deodex necessary

tonu42
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Pretty sure one must be deodex to use this.

MAD Industries
Old
(Last edited by MAD Industries; 16th July 2012 at 01:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
[redacted]

also, it's fixed now.
[Team EOS]
The Following User Says Thank You to MAD Industries For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Amazingbman
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Yeah it did nothing for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Tags
wifi toggle mod