1a) If coming from another rom: wipe data/factory reset/format system/wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache
1b) If coming from previous version: delete folder /data/sys-parts before flashing (you should be fine without wipe, but delteing this folder is important), wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache
2) Flash ROM
3) Flash kernel
4) Flash addon (don't flash gapps from an other rom!)
- Bluetooth (not tested yet)
- Google Now
- Google sound recognition (for indentifying music)
- Everything else that isn't listed below...
What Doesn't Work
- Mounting of external sd card to computer (??)
Trouble Shooting: FOR STATUS 7 ERROR
1. Download the Icy Glitch V14 kernel >http://androtransfer.com/latest/vibrant
2. Put the file in your internet SD and Flash the kernel
DO NOT REBOOT
3. In CWM go to ADVANCED -> REBOOT RECOVERY
4. Follow the normal steps in the new CWM console
~ Thanks Waldos!
- If you experience considerable lag after updating from a previous version, flash the rom again and make sure to wipe data and perform a factory reset in the process.
- rom slimmed down and gapps/su fix included (thx to bhu1)
- replaced ear.apk with one supposed to work (user report)
- replaced hw composer with the one from nexus s (this is the jb one, old release was using ics hw composer)
- fixed recording of 720p (upstream fix to media_profiles.xml
- Added missing Google Sound Search library (Google Ears)
- Added Gmail back into system applications (for some reason it was left out of V2), and gmail notifications should work now!
- Changed build.prop to reflect that the device is a Samsung Vibrant
- Added stock Jelly Bean boot animation
- built from latest sources as of today (07/19/2012, 4 pm)
- /datadata partition now working
- google tts working now (pico tts already working before?)
- extended power menu
- more menus in settings (some of them still are not finished and lead to a force close of the settings)
- all kernel settings stick after reboot
- using "data-symlink-script" from RolluS to get everything into the rom many thanks for this.
- based on the last release by pawitp (compiled rom is not booting atm, i hope this gets fixed soon)
- fixed notification sounds
- compiled from sources of 23/07/2012, 2 pm
- new boot animation
- removed apex launcher
- fixed installing bug: no need for delting data/sys-parts anymore
- compiled from sources of 25/07/2012
- moved some files from sys-parts back to system and the other way around (trying to optimize the use of /system space)
- hack mfc driver, to give all available mem to an application, if the requested mem is more than the max. available (maybe useful later, does not change anything right now (afaik))
- fix execution of boot-patch.sh, disabled twice execution of init.d, enabled tv-out server for all devices (i9000 already had this)
- battery: fix charging display for car dock
- increase read-ahead on moviNAND
Note: The back button is broken on the notification pull down!
I will keep this updated! If anyone can help to fix these bugs (especially the Camera bug because it seems to be Vibrant specific!), I would really appreciate it!
Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more
23 Sep 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?