Ok, so I have been slacking on actually getting this in the pipeline, but I did
unlock my Verizon GSIII day 1 with the generic code from the pre-order agreement. Per the pics that will follow my post, you will see that I do not have the SIM popup bugging me, and in fact am running the Verizon GSIII on AT&T EDGE:2 & GPRS. I am currently unable to pull APN's from AT&T, and do not currently have data. Voice works flawlessly, however.
For those who DIDN'T read, and signed their name on the dotted line because they want to be left in the dark to their own problems, here are the 2 generic unlock codes:
This should be entered in the popup you will receive from using an invalid SIM.
More to come.
Here are instructions for flashing to another CDMA network, credit MikeyCriggz.
You must be on an AOSP ROM in order for this to work. If you're not on one and would like to keep the stock ROM, make a NANDROID backup and flash one (CM10, AOKP, etc.). I take no credit for this, I am only providing the information (all credits go to adam3rd for his post in the Motorola Bionic forums)
Make sure your SIM card is NOT in your phone
Activate phone through Page Plus using the first 15 digits of the IMEI (drop the very last digit)
Download this Page Plus PRL file: http://www.4shared.com/file/qryS5x4T/51720_EVDO.html
Download CDMA Workshop 3.8 Demo: www.cdma-ware.com
I used CDMA Workshop 3.8 demo version to do this and can verify it works.
Let's Do This:
1) Put phone in diagnostic mode (here's how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcEop4Dhdk)
2) Download and install all necessary drivers here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-I535MBBVZW
3) Connect phone to computer via USB
4) Open CDMA Workshop & click on the "Ports" drop down menu. Select the one that says "diag", it should be at the bottom. If not, then open Windows Device Manager and find your device. Note what COM port it's connected to and select that in CMDA Workshop (for example: COM12).
5) Click "Connect" to connect phone
6) In the main tab, click "SPC" send "000000" to unlock your phone.
7) Go to the PRL tab to load the Page Plus PRL to your phone. Select "Write" and find the PRL you downloaded earlier. It should now write to your device.
8) Turn off phone and pull the battery.
9) Insert your SIM card and replace the battery. Power up and after boot your phone should go into OTA Programming (if not, then dial *22890)
10) Open the dialer and dial *#*#4636*#*# (it will prompt you for a passcode, type "000000"). Go to "Phone Information" and find the drop down menu that says "CDMA Auto PRL" and change it to "CDMA Only"
11) Back out of this and go back into the dialer. Dial ##program and go to "Test Mode". Press next until you see a screen that says something like "EVRC HDR Hybrid Mode". Change the Network Type to CDMA and back out to the main screen. Your phone will now restart.
12) Check Settings>Phone>Status and make sure the Mobile Network Type says CDMA 1XTT. You should now have 1X data, voice, and text.
13) Dial *#*#4636*#*# again (entering in the "000000" passcode when prompted) and go back to "Phone Information". Change the "CDMA Only" back to "CDMA Auto PRL". Back out until you are at the home screen
14) Power down, remove battery and SIM card, replace battery and power back up.
15) Dial ##program again and go back into "Test Mode". Hit "Next" until you're back at the screen that says "EVRC HDR Hybrid Mode" again. Change Network Type to EVDO and press back until your phone restarts.
16) Check Settings/Phone/Status and make sure the Mobile Network Type says "CDMA EvDo rev A". If it says eHRPD, then you need to redo steps 10 through 15 again.
17) Dial *#*#4636#*#* go and go back to "Phone Information". Change "CDMA Auto PRL" to "Unknown" and back out.
18) Check Settings/Phone/Status and make sure the Mobile Network Type says "CDMA EvDo rev A". If it says eHRPD, then you need to redo steps 10 through 15 again.
14) Power down your phone, replace the SIM card and power back up. You should now have 3G data, talk, and text.