Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Update from zip aborted

OP strakajagr

16th July 2012, 04:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

51 posts
In an attempt to go from ICS 206 to 215, I followed the instructions step by step and using the utility, when I get to the step where it says instill zip file from SD card, I navigate to "D4.6.16.215.zip", apply it, and it says update aborted.

My phone will now no longer boot beyond the M Dual Core screen. It is simply blank. Does anyone have any ideas?
16th July 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag Des moines ia
Thanks Meter: 19

477 posts
More
i was about 5mins away from doing the same thing you did before glad i saw this gonna, i'm gonna wait until you find a fix (im on .213)
16th July 2012, 06:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebear8

i was about 5mins away from doing the same thing you did before glad i saw this gonna, i'm gonna wait until you find a fix (im on .213)

Well I'm back working again, but it's still on 206 even though I went through the flashing process to 215. I haven't even thought about updating my phone since installing 206 when it came out. I have read many threads that talk about "unsticking" to get from 206 to 208, but they're over a month old. I can't follow the instructions associated with unsticking because a) they're written for the razr and thus are ridiculously confusing, and b) the one thread that tries to explain how to use unstuckICS for D4 users makes even less sense.

I posted about where to get unstuckICS on another forum and someone directed me back to the Droid4withICSfix-rootLITE tool, which I already had. Step 16 seems to flash (with a TON of error that are supposedly to be expected) but then I can't apply any zip updates. All attempts abort.

This is all so maddening because nothing I try is working. At least my phone isn't a paper weigh. So I have that going for me... which is nice.
16th July 2012, 06:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strakajagr

Well I'm back working again, but it's still on 206 even though I went through the flashing process to 215. I haven't even thought about updating my phone since installing 206 when it came out. I have read many threads that talk about "unsticking" to get from 206 to 208, but they're over a month old. I can't follow the instructions associated with unsticking because a) they're written for the razr and thus are ridiculously confusing, and b) the one thread that tries to explain how to use unstuckICS for D4 users makes even less sense.

I posted about where to get unstuckICS on another forum and someone directed me back to the Droid4withICSfix-rootLITE tool, which I already had. Step 16 seems to flash (with a TON of error that are supposedly to be expected) but then I can't apply any zip updates. All attempts abort.

This is all so maddening because nothing I try is working. At least my phone isn't a paper weigh. So I have that going for me... which is nice.

Literally the tool does nothing. I run it. Everything in step 16 essentially errors out. Ultimately the phone reboots having accomplished zero. I am "stuck" on 206.
16th July 2012, 07:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Des moines ia

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strakajagr

Literally the tool does nothing. I run it. Everything in step 16 essentially errors out. Ultimately the phone reboots having accomplished zero. I am "stuck" on 206.

here is a boot.img i got from Droid forums https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwl0e6jx76...t-6-16-215.img try using this one and rename it to ICSFIX
16th July 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:

here is a boot.img i got from Droid forums https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwl0e6jx76...t-6-16-215.img try using this one and rename it to ICSFIX

Tried that. Same result. I have to believe this has something to do with the 206 build that I'm on, though I don't know why that latest utility doesn't address this since the 206 sticking thing seems to be a problem that was addressed so long ago.
16th July 2012, 07:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Des moines ia

477 posts
More
\how did you get back to normal when you soft bricked? so i know i can get back if i get the same problem. i might try this just to see if it works for me

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote:

\how did you get back to normal when you soft bricked? so i know i can get back if i get the same problem. i might try this just to see if it works for me

VRZ_XT894_6.5.1-167_DR4-1_M1-219_1FF_01.xml.zip this is the fastboot GB 219 files correct? my files are all over the place lol
16th July 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

51 posts
I just booted to recovery and did a data wipe/factory reset, and I was back to stock 206. I didn't use that xml file because I'm not upgrading from GB.
16th July 2012, 08:51 AM   |  #9  
Flag Des moines ia

477 posts
More
well i just bricked my self on the update lol
Last edited by icebear8; 16th July 2012 at 08:55 AM.
16th July 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #10  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 312

263 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure why you guys are having trouble. I used the tool yesterday to go from 213 to 215. Basically we are flashing the GB files, then the boot.img for 215, letting it reboot and attempt to update, it will stick at the moto boot logo, then flashing the update in stock recovery. The only thing that might be of issue is if you are running safestrap, menu 16 is designed to not over write your data. I haven't tried running safestrap and using menu 16 to update. You can try the old method of flashing the GB files, Flashing the boot.img and then recovery update flash.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread