Basically installing windows 7 drivers on windows 8
Because when u install HTC sync their r no specific drivers for windows 8 so the driver folder is empty
1. jump on a windows 7 computer 32 or 64 bit the same as the windows 8 computer
2. download this the htc drivers HTCDriver install them
3. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver copy the files and put them on the windows 8 computer
4. windows key + r to open the device manager then look under the other devices right click htc than update driver
5. click browse my computer for driver software then browser and find the drivers from the windows 7 computer
6. it well install and work fine
if u can't get on a windows 7 computer the 64bit drivers are here Driver Files
and start at step 4
Adb works fine HTC sync doesn't
Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
What can you do if the phone doesn't show up in device manager? I think I have my drivers all set up correctly but I can't update them since it's not showing up in device manager. I recently upgraded from W7 to W8 and it disappeared. I'm on 4.2.2 CM10.1 and I've since uninstalled and reinstalled Sync Manager. Is there any way to get the One X to show up in my device manager? The only thing I have is 'Android USB Devices -> My HTC'...nothing in my 'Other devices'.
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?