Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot animations

Tip us?

Svashtar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Boot animations

Hey,

after some investigating after I couldn't change my bootanimation, I saw there is a config text file which has a definition which file to actualy load.
Changed that - works super cool

But, there is also a VIdeo folder inside /system/media which has a beautiful android in space video.
Why is that video there by default? Is it possible to change the config file to just point to the video file or does it have to be a bootanimation.zip?

I don't want just go and try it, cause I am afraid I will get stuck on bootanimation or something.

Thanks for any info!

reluttr
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Nyandroid?

Also if I am not mistaken... you have to have the bootanimation.zip file, as it contains the animation in png image format.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...imation-guide/

If you have Photoshop I am sure you could easily convert the video into still images and make your own bootanimation.zip.

Svashtar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Does anyone know what is the biggest size that boot animation can be?
Or to ask differently: how to make a bootanimation for infinity to cover the entire screen?

I have tried many for the last couple of hours, but they all look weird if they are "fullscreen" as the size of the animation becomes smaller on infinity. Only those who are centered and have black background looks somehow OK.

I would like to resize the fullscreen ones so they would cover the entire screen.
Possbile?

JMH-ESH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you change the boot animation without rooting the device?
If so, could someone please give some detailed instructions on how to do it? A link to a video of it would be nice too if there's one out there.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Jbb3393
Old
Thanks Meter 90
If I'm not mistaken the video with android in space is their "Easter egg"
Try this: go to about tablet and click multiple times very fast on the android version.
It should pop up a little android guy
Next tap and hold on him till he grows huge then be prepared to have your mind blown

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jbb3393 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Svashtar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
You can't change boot animation without root. Bootanimation zip file is in folder system/media and is only readable without root.
At least I don't know of any solution that works without root, but could be mistaken....

Has anyone figured out what size should bootanimation be to fill the whole screen?

AspenMan
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbb3393 View Post
If I'm not mistaken the video with android in space is their "Easter egg"
Try this: go to about tablet and click multiple times very fast on the android version.
It should pop up a little android guy
Next tap and hold on him till he grows huge then be prepared to have your mind blown

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Very Cool!
Technophile
Too many tablets/phones/watches/etc to list...

Lets waste some money, and have fun doing it....

Best OTG cable ever!

urrlyx
Old
(Last edited by urrlyx; 3rd August 2012 at 10:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88
I cropped the images and then doubled the size of the default animation. I'm on eoh's rom and the file was named bootanimation_04.zip. Not sure if that is stock or if he modified it, but it's easy enough to just rename it or change the config file if yours is different.

Infinity stock animation large

edit: actually I think I can keep the same original size cropped and then change the resolution in the desc file so that the zip isn't quite so large. will do that and re-upload if it works.

edit2: while just changing the resolution specified in the desc.txt file did increase the size of the animation, it also created a box of flashing pixels around it 1 or 2 pixels wide. I played with a few different resolutions but specifying anything other than that of the images caused the pixel artifacts on the screen. I re-uploaded the double-size animation if anyone wants it and will be putting up a couple more that I downloaded through roomtoolbox in a bit.

urrlyx
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Rotated and compressed a bit from the original:

Bokehloop

urrlyx
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Cropped the blue 3d honeycomb animation, scaled that up, and changed contrast to make the background black. It's 960x700 and looks pretty good on our screen.

Blue 3d Honeycomb