Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Boot animations

OP Svashtar

15th October 2012, 10:44 AM   |  #11  
Flag Near Oklahoma City.apk
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
More
Can you tell me what folder the original boot animation is in and what file to modify to change it please?
20th October 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #12  
Flag Louisville KY
Thanks Meter: 36

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svashtar

Hey,

after some investigating after I couldn't change my bootanimation, I saw there is a config text file which has a definition which file to actualy load.
Changed that - works super cool

But, there is also a VIdeo folder inside /system/media which has a beautiful android in space video.
Why is that video there by default? Is it possible to change the config file to just point to the video file or does it have to be a bootanimation.zip?

I don't want just go and try it, cause I am afraid I will get stuck on bootanimation or something.

Thanks for any info!

What did you change config text file to? I can't get my animation changed. Tried data/local, and system/media. Neither worked
23rd October 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #13  
Flag Deggendorf
Thanks Meter: 491

160 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadplantguy

What did you change config text file to? I can't get my animation changed. Tried data/local, and system/media. Neither worked

I have tried editing that file and it gave me a bootloop

If I change the animation in the stockrom it doesnt boot anymore but with cm10 an cleanrom it works (with romtoolbox)

The config file sets the path and name of the bootanimation I think but editing doesnt work
23rd October 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #14  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 88

417 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmambazzz

I have tried editing that file and it gave me a bootloop

If I change the animation in the stockrom it doesnt boot anymore but with cm10 an cleanrom it works (with romtoolbox)

The config file sets the path and name of the bootanimation I think but editing doesnt work

You have to be careful when editing the pointer file. There cannot be any extra lines or spaces after the path text.

I've also had issues with some editors and just doing a save when you close out of the editor instead of saving beforehand. Not sure why there would be a difference in how it performs the save, but I was able to repeat the issue so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fluke.

Also, most of the time, if the system can't play or can't find the animation it will still boot up just fine. It will look like its just sitting at the ASUS splash screen until it displays the launcher, so if you didn't wait long enough you may have thought it wasn't booting.
Last edited by urrlyx; 23rd October 2012 at 10:54 PM.
25th October 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #15  
Flag Louisville KY
Thanks Meter: 36

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrlyx

You have to be careful when editing the pointer file. There cannot be any extra lines or spaces after the path text.

I've also had issues with some editors and just doing a save when you close out of the editor instead of saving beforehand. Not sure why there would be a difference in how it performs the save, but I was able to repeat the issue so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fluke.

Also, most of the time, if the system can't play or can't find the animation it will still boot up just fine. It will look like its just sitting at the ASUS splash screen until it displays the launcher, so if you didn't wait long enough you may have thought it wasn't booting.

What do I changed pointer file to? The "boot animation changer " app works, but only on the ones in the app. I have some I want to use, but can't get to load. After splash screen, it just says generic "Android "
11th December 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Bootanimation
Hi all I created my own boot animation and I had to change the in the desc.txt file here is what I used to get the image to use the whole screen.

1922 1202 30

It works for my TF700t so It should work for you as well.

I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to get the sound for boot animations working for this device.

Thanks to all.
6th February 2013, 12:22 PM   |  #17  
Bishkek
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Im use Boot Animations from Market, it's work
Just select "Local" point to the bootanimation.zip on your sd card
Last edited by Nurikos; 6th February 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread