Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot animations

Tip us?

andyk11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can you tell me what folder the original boot animation is in and what file to modify to change it please?

redheadplantguy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
Hey,

after some investigating after I couldn't change my bootanimation, I saw there is a config text file which has a definition which file to actualy load.
Changed that - works super cool

But, there is also a VIdeo folder inside /system/media which has a beautiful android in space video.
Why is that video there by default? Is it possible to change the config file to just point to the video file or does it have to be a bootanimation.zip?

I don't want just go and try it, cause I am afraid I will get stuck on bootanimation or something.

Thanks for any info!
What did you change config text file to? I can't get my animation changed. Tried data/local, and system/media. Neither worked
Apple. For those who just can't be bothered with thinking for themselves.

blackmambazzz
Old
Thanks Meter 491

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadplantguy View Post
What did you change config text file to? I can't get my animation changed. Tried data/local, and system/media. Neither worked
I have tried editing that file and it gave me a bootloop

If I change the animation in the stockrom it doesnt boot anymore but with cm10 an cleanrom it works (with romtoolbox)

The config file sets the path and name of the bootanimation I think but editing doesnt work

urrlyx
Old
(Last edited by urrlyx; 23rd October 2012 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmambazzz View Post
I have tried editing that file and it gave me a bootloop

If I change the animation in the stockrom it doesnt boot anymore but with cm10 an cleanrom it works (with romtoolbox)

The config file sets the path and name of the bootanimation I think but editing doesnt work
You have to be careful when editing the pointer file. There cannot be any extra lines or spaces after the path text.

I've also had issues with some editors and just doing a save when you close out of the editor instead of saving beforehand. Not sure why there would be a difference in how it performs the save, but I was able to repeat the issue so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fluke.

Also, most of the time, if the system can't play or can't find the animation it will still boot up just fine. It will look like its just sitting at the ASUS splash screen until it displays the launcher, so if you didn't wait long enough you may have thought it wasn't booting.

redheadplantguy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrlyx View Post
You have to be careful when editing the pointer file. There cannot be any extra lines or spaces after the path text.

I've also had issues with some editors and just doing a save when you close out of the editor instead of saving beforehand. Not sure why there would be a difference in how it performs the save, but I was able to repeat the issue so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fluke.

Also, most of the time, if the system can't play or can't find the animation it will still boot up just fine. It will look like its just sitting at the ASUS splash screen until it displays the launcher, so if you didn't wait long enough you may have thought it wasn't booting.
What do I changed pointer file to? The "boot animation changer " app works, but only on the ones in the app. I have some I want to use, but can't get to load. After splash screen, it just says generic "Android "
Apple. For those who just can't be bothered with thinking for themselves.

bwcool55
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bootanimation

Hi all I created my own boot animation and I had to change the in the desc.txt file here is what I used to get the image to use the whole screen.

1922 1202 30

It works for my TF700t so It should work for you as well.

I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to get the sound for boot animations working for this device.

Thanks to all.

Nurikos
Old
(Last edited by Nurikos; 6th February 2013 at 11:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Im use Boot Animations from Market, it's work
Just select "Local" point to the bootanimation.zip on your sd card