No registration required

the LAG thread --__--

OP androidkid311

16th July 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 240

1,535 posts
Hey

just wanted to start a thread about the lag i've experienced on my nexus 7 and wanted to know who else has experienced it. With me its happened randomly a few times like ill exit an app then when i swipe through the home screen its really jerky. my unit isnt rooted, everything stock even the launcher.

So yeah if anyone has experienced it post BELOWWWWWWWW (ray william johnson voice) lol.

Just wanted to add this link http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=37258 for people to visit to help raise awareness to Google about the issue.
Last edited by androidkid311; 15th October 2012 at 09:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidkid311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 297

1,041 posts
More
Have you gotten the latest update?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app
16th July 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 155

482 posts
Donate to Me
More
Make sure you aren't using a 3rd party rotation app such as 'Ultimate Rotation Control'
also please update to 4.1.1
16th July 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sunny So. Cal...
Thanks Meter: 332

796 posts
More
Not a single issue here... Google accomplished project butter in my opinion...

You may have an issue with the Tablet...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to raqball For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

226 posts
You'll find that the best way to make your case is to take a video of it, so we don't have to rely on your word alone.
16th July 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

1,535 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoteriX

You'll find that the best way to make your case is to take a video of it, so we don't have to rely on your word alone.

Trust me I wouldn't make this up. And your right but every time it happened I was no where near my phone. Yeah it was updated to 4.1.1. I've read a review in this thread about his not that smooth as well. I'd say download a few apps and try make it multi-task and let me know.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
16th July 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 57

322 posts
Who knows, you could have a defective unit. Probably not though, so maybe your best bet is keep your phone nearby for when it happens again. The only lag I'm willing to admit at this point is the stock keyboard and swiftkey, if you're a speedy typer. However, if you turn off "spell checker" (ridiculous that they haven't fixed it yet), then you should be fine.
16th July 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

91 posts
Thumbs up
No lag here, try a factory reset, i usually do a factory reset on all my new devices before setting them up.
17th July 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

1,535 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias3800

Who knows, you could have a defective unit. Probably not though, so maybe your best bet is keep your phone nearby for when it happens again. The only lag I'm willing to admit at this point is the stock keyboard and swiftkey, if you're a speedy typer. However, if you turn off "spell checker" (ridiculous that they haven't fixed it yet), then you should be fine.

Should of but sent it back for a replacement. Had the screen rising on the left,lagging and mofo random reboots! Gooooosh!! My unit was stressed out lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
17th July 2012, 09:21 AM   |  #10  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
More
My nexus 7 was lagging too, it was after i installed this one app. I uninstalled the app and it would still lag but only on the homescreen. I removed the play store media widget and the lag disappeared. I have about 8 widgets (constantly refreshing) and a live wallpaper and still lag free. If you still have that default media widget, try removing it.

Though I still see lag, mostly when im downloading apps or they're installing but once the app is done downloading/installiung the lag goes away. This same issue happens on pretty much every android device i've ever owned, even happens on my iphone so not a big deal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnjohn25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread