Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,865 Members 50,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

the LAG thread --__--

Tip us?

androidkid311
Old
(Last edited by androidkid311; 15th October 2012 at 08:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Default the LAG thread --__--

Hey

just wanted to start a thread about the lag i've experienced on my nexus 7 and wanted to know who else has experienced it. With me its happened randomly a few times like ill exit an app then when i swipe through the home screen its really jerky. my unit isnt rooted, everything stock even the launcher.

So yeah if anyone has experienced it post BELOWWWWWWWW (ray william johnson voice) lol.

Just wanted to add this link http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=37258 for people to visit to help raise awareness to Google about the issue.
Looks like an iphone but powered by android!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidkid311 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redmonke255
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Have you gotten the latest update?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app
LG G2x P999 CM7.2
Nexus 7 16GB

tylerwatt12
Old
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Make sure you aren't using a 3rd party rotation app such as 'Ultimate Rotation Control'
also please update to 4.1.1

raqball
Old
Thanks Meter 330
Not a single issue here... Google accomplished project butter in my opinion...

You may have an issue with the Tablet...
--Google Nexus 5
--Google Glass XE
--Google Chromebook Pixel
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to raqball For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NeoteriX
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You'll find that the best way to make your case is to take a video of it, so we don't have to rely on your word alone.

androidkid311
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
You'll find that the best way to make your case is to take a video of it, so we don't have to rely on your word alone.
Trust me I wouldn't make this up. And your right but every time it happened I was no where near my phone. Yeah it was updated to 4.1.1. I've read a review in this thread about his not that smooth as well. I'd say download a few apps and try make it multi-task and let me know.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

alias3800
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Who knows, you could have a defective unit. Probably not though, so maybe your best bet is keep your phone nearby for when it happens again. The only lag I'm willing to admit at this point is the stock keyboard and swiftkey, if you're a speedy typer. However, if you turn off "spell checker" (ridiculous that they haven't fixed it yet), then you should be fine.

effingpace
Old
Thanks Meter 8
No lag here, try a factory reset, i usually do a factory reset on all my new devices before setting them up.
Devices
One Plus One
ChromeCast
Chromebook
--------------------------------------------------
HTC G1
Droid X
HTC Thunderbolt
Motorola Xoom
ASUS Transformer Prime
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7
Nexus Q
Nexus 4
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 2013
HTC One M8

androidkid311
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias3800 View Post
Who knows, you could have a defective unit. Probably not though, so maybe your best bet is keep your phone nearby for when it happens again. The only lag I'm willing to admit at this point is the stock keyboard and swiftkey, if you're a speedy typer. However, if you turn off "spell checker" (ridiculous that they haven't fixed it yet), then you should be fine.
Should of but sent it back for a replacement. Had the screen rising on the left,lagging and mofo random reboots! Gooooosh!! My unit was stressed out lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

johnjohn25
Old
Thanks Meter 3
My nexus 7 was lagging too, it was after i installed this one app. I uninstalled the app and it would still lag but only on the homescreen. I removed the play store media widget and the lag disappeared. I have about 8 widgets (constantly refreshing) and a live wallpaper and still lag free. If you still have that default media widget, try removing it.

Though I still see lag, mostly when im downloading apps or they're installing but once the app is done downloading/installiung the lag goes away. This same issue happens on pretty much every android device i've ever owned, even happens on my iphone so not a big deal.

Phone: Apple iPhone 4s 64GB White
Carrier: AT&T

Tablet: Asus Nexus 7
Rom: Stock 4.1 Jelly Bean

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnjohn25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]