Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 51,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacing HTC One S Battery

Tip us?
 
RepusJonathan
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 55
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Replacing HTC One S Battery

Hello I wondering if after say 6 months - 1 year of use if we could replace the battery of the HTC One S somehow because my limited knowledge tells me the battery capacity will be much lower after 6 month - 1 year of use.
Thanks!
 
leohdz148
Old
#2  
leohdz148's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 392
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepusJonathan View Post
Hello I wondering if after say 6 months - 1 year of use if we could replace the battery of the HTC One S somehow because my limited knowledge tells me the battery capacity will be much lower after 6 month - 1 year of use.
Thanks!
I highly doubt you can replace it yourself, the back is one whole peice, I'm gonna say that your gonna have to take it to a retail store so they can replace it for you bcuz I kinda asked the same question at the store and they said to just bring in the phone and we'll replace it for you but im not too sure about that, if you don't mind taking apart your phone to replace a battery you could buy a battery from amazon or eBay and just look up how to tear down the one s but the decision is all yours, its your device.....hopefully this kinda helped you

Sent from HTC one s
 
k1llacanon
Old
#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 1,265
Join Date: Jun 2012
DONT DO IT URSELF LOL! why would u give him that idea

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
 
leohdz148
Old
#4  
leohdz148's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 392
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Lol my bad, maybe he wants to do it him self which I really wouldnt recommend at this point but each user makes his own decision, everyone is different....he may want to do it himself (i wouldn't recommend). Im just putting ideas out there you know whatever he chooses to do is his decision but he should think about the consequences should he choose to do it himself, but hey everyone is different so....think about it b4 you make a decision....

Sent from HTC one s
 
Vain III
Old
#5  
Vain III's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 694
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: "The Last Place You Look"
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llacanon View Post
DONT DO IT URSELF LOL! why would u give him that idea

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
Umm, why not? I've opened my phone several times. The battery looks pretty easy to replace.
While you in the alley playing dice. I'm on the yacht contemplating plans for the next diamond heist.
 
eminembdg
Old
#6  
eminembdg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1288
Posts: 3,148
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philly
Quote:
Originally Posted by villainhalf View Post
Umm, why not? I've opened my phone several times. The battery looks pretty easy to replace.
Dont quote me on this but I've read while it's not hard to take the back out, the battery appeared to be soldered or some other way permanently attached. Not the battery itself but the wires coming from it. I heard the wires aren't just a clip connection to the board but soldered or some other way

Sent from my HTC One S on Axiom S
 
Z3ra7uL
Old
(Last edited by Z3ra7uL; 17th July 2012 at 12:42 PM.) Reason: youtube tag not working properly :D
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sofia
HTC One S Screen Repair Directions | DirectFix
Check this video of One S disasembly out, it may be helpful. Removing the back cover doesn't seem hard at all and the battery is is not soldered, as you can see in the video (somewhere around 3:40 they remove the battery connector).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Z3ra7uL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
k1llacanon
Old
#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 1,265
Join Date: Jun 2012
Lols he's making out that because hes opened the back means it'll be so easy to replace battery leave him to it and in a few months we won't see hik on xda because he does not have a one s anymore lol

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
 
Z3ra7uL
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llacanon View Post
Lols he's making out that because hes opened the back means it'll be so easy to replace battery leave him to it and in a few months we won't see hik on xda because he does not have a one s anymore lol

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
Allow me to disagree. It appears to be a very straight forward task. You have to:
1. Remove the two plastic covers
2. Unscrew 4 screws
3. Unplug the old battery and plug in the new one
4. Screw the 4 screws, mentioned in step 2
5. Place back the plastic covers

If that sounds dangerous to you, maybe you are probably right not to do it yourself.

P.S. I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for other people's skills or lack of skills and the potential damage they may cause to their devices
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Z3ra7uL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vain III
Old
#10  
Vain III's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 694
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: "The Last Place You Look"
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llacanon View Post
Lols he's making out that because hes opened the back means it'll be so easy to replace battery leave him to it and in a few months we won't see hik on xda because he does not have a one s anymore lol

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
LOL. You're assuming that I don't have the technical skill to take apart a phone because you lack the ability. The One S isn't my first rodeo; the process is straight forward and even a halfwit monkey could do it. If you lack the technical skills of a halfwit monkey than excuse me for my disrespect and I admire your willingness to blend into a social setting with your illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminembdg View Post
Dont quote me on this but I've read while it's not hard to take the back out, the battery appeared to be soldered or some other way permanently attached. Not the battery itself but the wires coming from it. I heard the wires aren't just a clip connection to the board but soldered or some other way

Sent from my HTC One S on Axiom S
My battery, nor the wires, were soldered. I was/am thinking about transferring to black casing.

EDIT: Z3ra7uL; You got to the video first :] Plus thanks to you.
While you in the alley playing dice. I'm on the yacht contemplating plans for the next diamond heist.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vain III For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes