OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 143

940 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqwert

ok cool thanks for the help here...

so as far as calender stuff.... can i back it up and restore it, or am i hooped and just stuck losing it? since i have my google stuff, shouldn't it back it up for me? i know when i went from my optimus 2x (un modded) to my sgs3 i just signed into google and everything showed up... won't happen here though or what?

also.....i've been reading about people having to install gapps (google apps i'm guessing?) separately? what's the deal there... do i have to do that? thanks

one other thing i forgot to ask... i've had a few people tell me that, being on wind, i cannot use tmo roms etc like i used to be able to on other phones (apparently) but now it looks like those links above are all tmo roms... i'm confused... am i boing to bork up my phone if i put tmo stuff on it, or no? thanks

well they said that it could cause issues but my old optimus 2x aka g2x worked fine with tmobile roms and btw GS3 is T999 where as the Canadian version is T999V and should have no issues from what i can see if im not mistaken the optimus 2x up here was P990DW where as the tmo version was T990 but the roms and everything were the same for both.

where as for the calendar its prob a loss and yes you install gapps separately but just follow the instruction and it will lead you through everything safely but here is another link just in case

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1775616
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakunclear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 35

331 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakunclear

well they said that it could cause issues but my old optimus 2x aka g2x worked fine with tmobile roms and btw GS3 is T999 where as the Canadian version is T999V and should have no issues from what i can see if im not mistaken the optimus 2x up here was P990DW where as the tmo version was T990 but the roms and everything were the same for both.

where as for the calendar its prob a loss and yes you install gapps separately but just follow the instruction and it will lead you through everything safely but here is another link just in case

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1775616

THAMKS MAN!!! YOU'VE BEEN THAMKED!

super appreciated

so has everyone on wind been just using tmo roms and kernels or what? any problems thus far?
24th July 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,245

2,364 posts
For those that just want stock firmware but rooted, I've added wind to my tmo thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1771687
The Following User Says Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
wind galaxy s3 nand Backup
HI does any one have nand back up of the stock Rom
25th July 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #15  

331 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

For those that just want stock firmware but rooted, I've added wind to my tmo thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1771687

i still am looking for confirmation that people are just simply flashing tmo firmwares onto wind phonse.,.. it's all fine and dandy that it SHOULD work, but i'm in construction and my phone is my lifeline so i really can't risk it not working...
25th July 2012, 05:05 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary

940 posts
More
Yes one of the other users I'm this thread uses it on his phone so you should be okay where as for me I haven't done anything yet since I actually don't mind the stock Rom unlike my experience with the optimus 2x

Sent from my SGH-T999V using xda app-developers app
25th July 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary

940 posts
More

Sent from my SGH-T999V
25th July 2012, 10:02 AM   |  #18  
I have international galaxy s3 but my wife has wind mobile s3..

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 running Jelly Bean CM10
25th July 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary

940 posts
More
International version is different naturally but wind mobile version is the same

Sent from my SGH-T999V
25th July 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #20  

331 posts
Awesome thanks very much guys did the help and advice. I've now got the trinity kernel running and love it getting better battery life and whatnot but it isn't appearing a night and day ndifferent

As for ROM s I'm still on stock and don't mind it to bad just want it debloated but otherwise it's alright

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3, wind mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread