Ask a question

No registration required

Wind Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999) users UNITE

OP dakunclear

26th July 2012, 06:13 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
Stock firmware
hi is there a way to return to the stock wind firmware without a root because i know you can get to it but its rooted thanks
26th July 2012, 09:58 AM   |  #22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakunclear

International version is different naturally but wind mobile version is the same

Sent from my SGH-T999V

Yeah I know.. And what's the latest firmware for T999V?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3
26th July 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #23  
Flag Canton
Thanks Meter: 180

547 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqwert

Great idea... first question here... i have never rooted a phone or done anything like that to it... i've always wanted to get into it, but i just never could get up the nuts to do it. funny because i've messed with and modified every other electronic device and pre-android phone i've ever owned... just got scared with android, i guess partly because i cannot afford to have to buy another 700 dollar device...

anyways, i want to go ahead and root my sgs3 on wind mobile, but i have no idea how. can anyone point me to some help... i mean super basic noob help? like a walkthrough? i want to put on CM9 if i can, and whatever rom would be a good one for daily use... i don't really know what different roms are going to get me even, and honestly for the most part the phone works great, but there are a few minor things (like google wallet) that i want access to and can't have without rooting... so i figure i'll go for it

also, will it void my warranty to do this, or can i revert back to stock if i have a warranty issue and then take it in for replacement? thanks for any and all help!

Check out galaxys3root.com, it's a website by xda user zedomax, and he does super noob proof walk throughs & teaches you the basics. He was always on YouTube up until a recent issue, and that's where I learned everything in my beginning android days. Everything he shows you is accompanied by a video walk through, and you will find an email link that you can use to ask him questions. He will personally respond to you, and he is an amazing guy with a vast amount of knowledge to soak up! Best of luck, and be careful!
The Following User Says Thank You to androholic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 35

353 posts
Wow awesome thanks very much. You are thanked

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
31st July 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqwert

Awesome thanks very much guys did the help and advice. I've now got the trinity kernel running and love it getting better battery life and whatnot but it isn't appearing a night and day ndifferent

As for ROM s I'm still on stock and don't mind it to bad just want it debloated but otherwise it's alright

I too am on trinity kernel and running CM9 nightly ROM. Works great, really smooth. My battery life was pretty bad with stock kernel (i'm a heavy data user), but the trinity kernel really improved battery life. The phone is also not as hot at the back either!
31st July 2012, 04:21 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 147

955 posts
More
Ya I find that odd cause I'm still on the stock Rom and kernel and have no issues with battery for the most part and I'm a very heavy user so maybe s mess up on Samsung part

Sent from my SGH-T999V
5th August 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
Q: Carrier unlock advice?
I just paid $30 in Burnaby to unlock a 999v. do you guys know of an unlocking thread? thank you all! love this thread! and thank you all for contributing.
5th August 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary

955 posts
More
Not sure is it a wind phone or another company

Sent from my SGH-T999V
14th August 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 40

56 posts
Help
Can anybody share his modem file.cuz I have flashed tmobile modem to my phone.now I can't connect to my carrier wind.my phone shows unknown baseband.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using xda app-developers app
14th August 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary

955 posts
More
Sometimes with that you need to go into settings then more settings then mobile networks then access point names and change them to wind which well be

And make sure you add mms as well

Sent from my SGH-T999V

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3, wind mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread