Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 44,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wind Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999) users UNITE

Tip us?

solat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock firmware

hi is there a way to return to the stock wind firmware without a root because i know you can get to it but its rooted thanks

brar.arsh
Old
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakunclear View Post
International version is different naturally but wind mobile version is the same

Sent from my SGH-T999V
Yeah I know.. And what's the latest firmware for T999V?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3
Galaxy S5- Rogers

R.I.P HTC One M8 - Rogers, LG G2- D803, Note 3 SM-N900W8, Black Nexus 5 32GB, HTC One M7 UL (PN07120), GS4 SGH-I337M, HTC One, GS4 GT-I9500, Nexus 4, GS3, GNex, S2, N8, Lumia 800, N97 etc

Hit THANKS if I helped you
I am only responsible for what I say, Not what you understand....!!!

androholic
Old
Thanks Meter 178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqwert View Post
Great idea... first question here... i have never rooted a phone or done anything like that to it... i've always wanted to get into it, but i just never could get up the nuts to do it. funny because i've messed with and modified every other electronic device and pre-android phone i've ever owned... just got scared with android, i guess partly because i cannot afford to have to buy another 700 dollar device...

anyways, i want to go ahead and root my sgs3 on wind mobile, but i have no idea how. can anyone point me to some help... i mean super basic noob help? like a walkthrough? i want to put on CM9 if i can, and whatever rom would be a good one for daily use... i don't really know what different roms are going to get me even, and honestly for the most part the phone works great, but there are a few minor things (like google wallet) that i want access to and can't have without rooting... so i figure i'll go for it

also, will it void my warranty to do this, or can i revert back to stock if i have a warranty issue and then take it in for replacement? thanks for any and all help!
Check out galaxys3root.com, it's a website by xda user zedomax, and he does super noob proof walk throughs & teaches you the basics. He was always on YouTube up until a recent issue, and that's where I learned everything in my beginning android days. Everything he shows you is accompanied by a video walk through, and you will find an email link that you can use to ask him questions. He will personally respond to you, and he is an amazing guy with a vast amount of knowledge to soak up! Best of luck, and be careful!
Thank you to all of the Developers and all of those that may contribute in any way!
Thank someone, it's effortless...
The Following User Says Thank You to androholic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asaqwert
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Wow awesome thanks very much. You are thanked

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

hoysauce
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqwert View Post
Awesome thanks very much guys did the help and advice. I've now got the trinity kernel running and love it getting better battery life and whatnot but it isn't appearing a night and day ndifferent

As for ROM s I'm still on stock and don't mind it to bad just want it debloated but otherwise it's alright
I too am on trinity kernel and running CM9 nightly ROM. Works great, really smooth. My battery life was pretty bad with stock kernel (i'm a heavy data user), but the trinity kernel really improved battery life. The phone is also not as hot at the back either!

dakunclear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Ya I find that odd cause I'm still on the stock Rom and kernel and have no issues with battery for the most part and I'm a very heavy user so maybe s mess up on Samsung part

Sent from my SGH-T999V
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2
Galaxy Note II T889V || Asus TF101
Galaxy S4 M919V || Asus TF300T
Nexus 7 (2013) || Xperia Z1
Galaxy Note 3 || Galaxy Gear 2 Neo

4 everything else theres XDA Developers

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler

neosynthesis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Q: Carrier unlock advice?

I just paid $30 in Burnaby to unlock a 999v. do you guys know of an unlocking thread? thank you all! love this thread! and thank you all for contributing.

dakunclear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Not sure is it a wind phone or another company

Sent from my SGH-T999V
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler

prabjeetmaan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Help
Can anybody share his modem file.cuz I have flashed tmobile modem to my phone.now I can't connect to my carrier wind.my phone shows unknown baseband.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using xda app-developers app

dakunclear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Sometimes with that you need to go into settings then more settings then mobile networks then access point names and change them to wind which well be

And make sure you add mms as well

Sent from my SGH-T999V
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2

Tags
galaxy s3, wind mobile