Idyar
Old
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakunclear View Post
Doing the Odin root takes about 3 minutes give or take

Sent from my SGH-T999V
Not sure I understand what you are asking? Are you asking about how long chainfires autoroot should take?
Dandroid - Ultra Fast Daily Driver TW Rom with AOSP theme. T-MO/Wind/Mobi/Videotron T999(V) + AT&T/Bell/Rogers/Telus I747(M)

dakunclear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Default Re: Wind Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999) users UNITE

no but I'll post the link to root your phone this guy gives a 10 minute video and by the time its done so are you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoEV...e_gdata_player
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2
Galaxy Note II T889V || Asus TF101
Galaxy S4 M919V || Asus TF300T
Nexus 7 (2013) || Xperia Z1
Galaxy Note 3 || Galaxy Gear 2 Neo

4 everything else theres XDA Developers

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler

sahanjc
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Check out Sidebar by Mohammad adib (xda) epic multi task switcher similar to ubuntu

Sent from my SGH-T999V using xda app-developers app

dakunclear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126

Finally bought ghost armor for my phone which I'm loving so far had them put the red back on my blue s3

Sent from my SGH-T999V
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2
Galaxy Note II T889V || Asus TF101
Galaxy S4 M919V || Asus TF300T
Nexus 7 (2013) || Xperia Z1
Galaxy Note 3 || Galaxy Gear 2 Neo

4 everything else theres XDA Developers

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler

sahanjc
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Any one know how to lower the battery usage ( cpu awake ) problem

Idyar
Old
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahanjc View Post
Any one know how to lower the battery usage ( cpu awake ) problem

Custom kernels would be the first thing I would try. KT's kernel is absolutely amazing, get 5:00-5:30 screentime with it daily.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1871946
Dandroid - Ultra Fast Daily Driver TW Rom with AOSP theme. T-MO/Wind/Mobi/Videotron T999(V) + AT&T/Bell/Rogers/Telus I747(M)
The Following User Says Thank You to Idyar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gwai88
Old
(Last edited by Gwai88; 27th April 2013 at 07:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hello, I'm fairly new to all this. Just rooted my phone for the first time. I have TWRP on it right now. I tried cwm before this.

Having trouble flashing a custom rom onto my phone.. seems to complain about the model number.. anyone know what I can do to avoid this? or maybe a better resource for getting custom roms?

I'm sort of in that "I've rooted my phone.. now what.." time..

edit: should add that I'm on Wind with T999v.

Idyar
Old
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwai88 View Post
Hello, I'm fairly new to all this. Just rooted my phone for the first time. I have TWRP on it right now. I tried cwm before this.

Having trouble flashing a custom rom onto my phone.. seems to complain about the model number.. anyone know what I can do to avoid this? or maybe a better resource for getting custom roms?

I'm sort of in that "I've rooted my phone.. now what.." time..

edit: should add that I'm on Wind with T999v.
A common problem. Because some ROMS check to ensure that people are not flashing them to the wrong device

There is a couple of solutions but here is the one I would suggest trying this:

Manually open up the rom you are installing in 7zip and goto the installer script which is in
META-INF\com\google\android\update-script
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2tmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2tmo");

See how this rom is searching for d2tmo. But we are not d2tmo ! So it fails if you remove this line you should be able to install.

Sorry for formatting / spelling posted quickly from phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Idyar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gwai88
Old
(Last edited by Gwai88; 28th April 2013 at 09:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idyar View Post
A common problem. Because some ROMS check to ensure that people are not flashing them to the wrong device

There is a couple of solutions but here is the one I would suggest trying this:

Manually open up the rom you are installing in 7zip and goto the installer script which is in
META-INF\com\google\android\update-script
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2tmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2tmo");

See how this rom is searching for d2tmo. But we are not d2tmo ! So it fails if you remove this line you should be able to install.

Sorry for formatting / spelling posted quickly from phone.
Awesome. That's good to know it's a common problem. I had this moment of dread thinking that I voided my warranty for nothing

Is that generally safe? ie if i install a rom like that would I be able to restore to backup if it breaks? Also I'm hoping to put cyanogen 10.1 on my phone, do you know if either sprint or tmobile will work with wind?

Edit: when I try to boot with cyanogenmod it just spins.. luckily I was able to restore my backup.. with a bit of difficulty

Edit2: For anyone else that might be on a similar path as me, factory reset from cwm prior to installing the rom fixed this issue.

Idyar
Old
Thanks Meter 390

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwai88 View Post
Awesome. That's good to know it's a common problem. I had this moment of dread thinking that I voided my warranty for nothing

Is that generally safe? ie if i install a rom like that would I be able to restore to backup if it breaks? Also I'm hoping to put cyanogen 10.1 on my phone, do you know if either sprint or tmobile will work with wind?

Edit: when I try to boot with cyanogenmod it just spins.. luckily I was able to restore my backup.. with a bit of difficulty

Edit2: For anyone else that might be on a similar path as me, factory reset from cwm prior to installing the rom fixed this issue.
Hey Gwai,

Going between AOSP -> Touchwiz and reverse requires a factory reset. You seem to have figured this out.

Safe is a relative term. Technically the "Safe" ROMS to use would be any At&t SGH-I747 (Telus/Rogers/Bell/Others) or Tmobile T999 but other ROMs can be made to work with out phone safely. There are many ports from Sprint or Verizion which would be incompatible natively but some clever people have got to work with our phone.

The long and the short is that our phone is hardware identical to 747 except with one big exception the LTE radio. If you are starting out I would recommend sticking with t999 ROM's as many 747 roms won't have APN setup properly for us, and most t999 ROMs do.

Welcome to this amazing community, CM 10.1 is a great place to start out with. Make sure you do lots of backups and read everything you can!

Tags
galaxy s3, wind mobile