FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

(GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEET)ATT & Tmo IMEI thread/ Report issues & info here!

17th July 2012, 05:10 AM |#1  
androholic's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton
Thanks Meter: 180
 
Donate to Me
More
UPDATE 7/29/2012 : PEOPLEARMY HAS FOUND A WAY TO BACK UP, RESTORE, OR INJECT YOUR IMEI! BELOW I WILL PASTE A LINK. THE PROBLEM APPEARS TO NOW HAVE A SOLUTION! PLEASE BE SURE TO THANK PEOPLEARMY, AND MOST OF ALL, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE I ENCOURAGE YOU TO DONATE TO HIM, AS HE HAS SAVED MANT PEOPLE FROM WARRANTY EXCHANGES, BRICKED DEVICES, AND MILD HEART ATTACKS!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1801997

UPDATE 7/30/2012: IT APPEARS THAT USER "GEEK", WHO PLAYED A LARGE ROLE IN PEOPLEARMYS IMEI SOLUTION, HAS NOW WRAPPED UP THE BACK UP PROCESS INTO A VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE TOOL THAT ONLY REQUIRES FREEWARE! BELOW YOU WILL FIND A LINK TO GEEKS TOOL & EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ACCOMPANIED BY A VIDEO DEMONSTRATION! PEOPLEARMY HAS SUGGESTED THAT HE BELIEVES IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU WERE TO CREATE THE BACK UP USING BOTH METHODS. PLEASE BE SURE TO THANK GEEK WHEN YOU VISIT HIS "IMEI TOOL THREAD", AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IF YOU ARE IN A POSITION TO DONATE THEN PLEASE DO. WITHOUT THE HARD WORK OF BOTH OF THESE USERS, MANY PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LOST THEIR VERY EXPENSIVE GS3'S!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1804123
Last edited by androholic; 30th July 2012 at 04:26 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to androholic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th July 2012, 05:23 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Can u not just backup the EFS folder from the roother or not?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
17th July 2012, 05:31 AM |#3  
ThC23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 500
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylovj

Can u not just backup the EFS folder from the roother or not?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

No, that's not even working for people!

Powered by the SGSIII
17th July 2012, 05:32 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylovj

Can u not just backup the EFS folder from the roother or not?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

No that doesn't work anymore.
17th July 2012, 06:03 AM |#5  
androholic's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton
Thanks Meter: 180
 
Donate to Me
More
I highly recommend you all read this thread & pass it on to other users! Maybe someone will post it in the Tmo development section also, but I wasn't sure if it was the proper place? This is a huge risk, and I don't want to see anyone else lose their phone, especially those without insurance!
17th July 2012, 06:30 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androholic

I highly recommend you all read this thread & pass it on to other users! Maybe someone will post it in the Tmo development section also, but I wasn't sure if it was the proper place? This is a huge risk, and I don't want to see anyone else lose their phone, especially those without insurance!

Really? I flash anything I want with zero issues regarding the imei. Rocking along on Tmo. Maybe you should mention the carrier you are using in the op. The thread you linked is an att thread.
17th July 2012, 06:58 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbofkc

Really? I flash anything I want with zero issues regarding the imei. Rocking along on Tmo. Maybe you should mention the carrier you are using in the op. The thread you linked is an att thread.

It's not just AT&T , a couple T-MOBILE users are experiencing the same

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
17th July 2012, 07:33 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
I just read this thread.. now im scared. i just flashed 2 different roms and a new kernel.

Will a previous nandroid restore it if the imei gets removed?
17th July 2012, 07:36 AM |#9  
mmmajor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Does this affect sprint GS3 owner??
17th July 2012, 07:41 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Goodyear, AZ
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit.007

I just read this thread.. now im scared. i just flashed 2 different roms and a new kernel.

Will a previous nandroid restore it if the imei gets removed?

No

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmajor

Does this affect sprint GS3 owner??

Not known, but just assume so until proven otherwise.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes