XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows 8 x64 drivers for Nexus 7

Tip us?

drx69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question Windows 8 x64 drivers for Nexus 7

I am having a devil of a time trying to find nexus 7 drivers that will install on windows 8. I have tried a all that i have found and have came to the conclusion, that i am an idiot.

What i am trying to do is mount /sdcard.

A related question, under ubuntu x64, I have adb working great. But I still have issues mounting /sdcard. So i figured i am doing something wrong.

Help? And yes I searched the site and found several for the galaxy nexus, but not for the nexus 7.

Thanks... And if i just missed the info, please point me in the right direction.

aaronpoweruser
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,542

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drx69 View Post
I am having a devil of a time trying to find nexus 7 drivers that will install on windows 8. I have tried a all that i have found and have came to the conclusion, that i am an idiot.

What i am trying to do is mount /sdcard.

A related question, under ubuntu x64, I have adb working great. But I still have issues mounting /sdcard. So i figured i am doing something wrong.

Help? And yes I searched the site and found several for the galaxy nexus, but not for the nexus 7.

Thanks... And if i just missed the info, please point me in the right direction.
I have the windows drivers I will post them later today. For Linux since the nexus 7 uses mtp, you need ro install "gmtp", this will mount sd card for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tikiral
Old
Thanks Meter 11
As with all Google devices, USB drivers are downloaded with the Android SDK Manager.

drx69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
I have the windows drivers I will post them later today. For Linux since the nexus 7 uses mtp, you need ro install "gmtp", this will mount sd card for you

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks! the gmtp worked. Waiting on the drivers.

drx69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiral View Post
As with all Google devices, USB drivers are downloaded with the Android SDK Manager.

Unfortunately... this is incorrect. They work for win7 x64 but not for windows 8. I already tried that. It worked for the wife's Nexus but not for the nexus 7. That is why i posted. I would keep getting hash was corrupt error with those drivers.

drx69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
ok... i found drivers for adb and usb... but i doubt fastboot would work. Noone seems to have that working with win8 yet.

Thanks for all the help

Pitty87
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem since I am running windows 8

Where did you find the drivers?

Shrink
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitty87 View Post
I have the same problem since I am running windows 8

Where did you find the drivers?
A more interesting question is: where did you get a legit copy of Windows 8?

Compusmurf
Old
Thanks Meter 193
MSDN and Technet will get the release code on 8/15, GA is in October...

So, if it's NOT the release preview, then they torrented the nice, pirated version....

espionage724
Old
(Last edited by espionage724; 9th August 2012 at 08:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
If you are using the N version of Windows 8, you will not be able to use the MTP device. Only solutions to that for now seems to be reinstalling a non-N version of Windows 8, transfer files using Android Commander (over ADB), or push files with ADB if you know what your doing.

The other non-MTP devices for ADB and Fastboot can be installed by using Google's USB Driver in the Android SDK. (ASUS also has drivers on their site, but they're unsigned I believe and will require you to disable driver signature enforcement; these are the same drivers from Google also, so this maybe pointless)

I can confirm that MTP, ADB, and Fastboot all work fine under Windows 8 Enterprise x64, and ADB and Fastbook work fine under Windows 8 Enterprise N x64.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber