FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Windows 8 x64 drivers for Nexus 7

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By drx69, Member on 17th July 2012, 11:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am having a devil of a time trying to find nexus 7 drivers that will install on windows 8. I have tried a all that i have found and have came to the conclusion, that i am an idiot.

What i am trying to do is mount /sdcard.

A related question, under ubuntu x64, I have adb working great. But I still have issues mounting /sdcard. So i figured i am doing something wrong.

Help? And yes I searched the site and found several for the galaxy nexus, but not for the nexus 7.

Thanks... And if i just missed the info, please point me in the right direction.

18th July 2012, 08:15 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
earth
Thanks Meter: 7,551

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drx69

I am having a devil of a time trying to find nexus 7 drivers that will install on windows 8. I have tried a all that i have found and have came to the conclusion, that i am an idiot.

What i am trying to do is mount /sdcard.

A related question, under ubuntu x64, I have adb working great. But I still have issues mounting /sdcard. So i figured i am doing something wrong.

Help? And yes I searched the site and found several for the galaxy nexus, but not for the nexus 7.

Thanks... And if i just missed the info, please point me in the right direction.

I have the windows drivers I will post them later today. For Linux since the nexus 7 uses mtp, you need ro install "gmtp", this will mount sd card for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
19th July 2012, 01:15 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
As with all Google devices, USB drivers are downloaded with the Android SDK Manager.

19th July 2012, 06:12 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser

I have the windows drivers I will post them later today. For Linux since the nexus 7 uses mtp, you need ro install "gmtp", this will mount sd card for you

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks! the gmtp worked. Waiting on the drivers.
19th July 2012, 06:14 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiral

As with all Google devices, USB drivers are downloaded with the Android SDK Manager.

Unfortunately... this is incorrect. They work for win7 x64 but not for windows 8. I already tried that. It worked for the wife's Nexus but not for the nexus 7. That is why i posted. I would keep getting hash was corrupt error with those drivers.
19th July 2012, 06:15 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
ok... i found drivers for adb and usb... but i doubt fastboot would work. Noone seems to have that working with win8 yet.

Thanks for all the help
9th August 2012, 04:52 PM |#7  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the same problem since I am running windows 8

Where did you find the drivers?
9th August 2012, 05:10 PM |#8  
Flag Bracebridge
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitty87

I have the same problem since I am running windows 8

Where did you find the drivers?

A more interesting question is: where did you get a legit copy of Windows 8?

9th August 2012, 07:32 PM |#9  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 235

More
MSDN and Technet will get the release code on 8/15, GA is in October...

So, if it's NOT the release preview, then they torrented the nice, pirated version....
9th August 2012, 07:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 523

Donate to Me
More
If you are using the N version of Windows 8, you will not be able to use the MTP device. Only solutions to that for now seems to be reinstalling a non-N version of Windows 8, transfer files using Android Commander (over ADB), or push files with ADB if you know what your doing.

The other non-MTP devices for ADB and Fastboot can be installed by using Google's USB Driver in the Android SDK. (ASUS also has drivers on their site, but they're unsigned I believe and will require you to disable driver signature enforcement; these are the same drivers from Google also, so this maybe pointless)

I can confirm that MTP, ADB, and Fastboot all work fine under Windows 8 Enterprise x64, and ADB and Fastbook work fine under Windows 8 Enterprise N x64.
Last edited by espionage724; 9th August 2012 at 08:07 PM.
9th August 2012, 10:24 PM |#11  

More
virtual machine
I too couldn't get my nexus to work with windows 8 so i installed VMWare and installed windows 7 there and used that to access my nexus, I used this to backup and root my nexus using the root toolkit

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread