5,814,939 Members 47,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows 8 x64 drivers for Nexus 7

Tip us?
 
drx69
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2010
Question Windows 8 x64 drivers for Nexus 7

I am having a devil of a time trying to find nexus 7 drivers that will install on windows 8. I have tried a all that i have found and have came to the conclusion, that i am an idiot.

What i am trying to do is mount /sdcard.

A related question, under ubuntu x64, I have adb working great. But I still have issues mounting /sdcard. So i figured i am doing something wrong.

Help? And yes I searched the site and found several for the galaxy nexus, but not for the nexus 7.

Thanks... And if i just missed the info, please point me in the right direction.
 
aaronpoweruser
Old
#2  
aaronpoweruser's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,542
Posts: 1,706
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: earth

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drx69 View Post
I am having a devil of a time trying to find nexus 7 drivers that will install on windows 8. I have tried a all that i have found and have came to the conclusion, that i am an idiot.

What i am trying to do is mount /sdcard.

A related question, under ubuntu x64, I have adb working great. But I still have issues mounting /sdcard. So i figured i am doing something wrong.

Help? And yes I searched the site and found several for the galaxy nexus, but not for the nexus 7.

Thanks... And if i just missed the info, please point me in the right direction.
I have the windows drivers I will post them later today. For Linux since the nexus 7 uses mtp, you need ro install "gmtp", this will mount sd card for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
tikiral
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 61
Join Date: Nov 2009
As with all Google devices, USB drivers are downloaded with the Android SDK Manager.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
drx69
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
I have the windows drivers I will post them later today. For Linux since the nexus 7 uses mtp, you need ro install "gmtp", this will mount sd card for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks! the gmtp worked. Waiting on the drivers.
 
drx69
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiral View Post
As with all Google devices, USB drivers are downloaded with the Android SDK Manager.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Unfortunately... this is incorrect. They work for win7 x64 but not for windows 8. I already tried that. It worked for the wife's Nexus but not for the nexus 7. That is why i posted. I would keep getting hash was corrupt error with those drivers.
 
drx69
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2010
ok... i found drivers for adb and usb... but i doubt fastboot would work. Noone seems to have that working with win8 yet.


Thanks for all the help
 
Pitty87
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Perth
I have the same problem since I am running windows 8

Where did you find the drivers?
 
Shrink
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 119
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitty87 View Post
I have the same problem since I am running windows 8

Where did you find the drivers?
A more interesting question is: where did you get a legit copy of Windows 8?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
Compusmurf
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 1,011
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
MSDN and Technet will get the release code on 8/15, GA is in October...

So, if it's NOT the release preview, then they torrented the nice, pirated version....
 
espionage724
Old
(Last edited by espionage724; 9th August 2012 at 08:07 PM.)
#10  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 506
Posts: 2,503
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
If you are using the N version of Windows 8, you will not be able to use the MTP device. Only solutions to that for now seems to be reinstalling a non-N version of Windows 8, transfer files using Android Commander (over ADB), or push files with ADB if you know what your doing.

The other non-MTP devices for ADB and Fastboot can be installed by using Google's USB Driver in the Android SDK. (ASUS also has drivers on their site, but they're unsigned I believe and will require you to disable driver signature enforcement; these are the same drivers from Google also, so this maybe pointless)

I can confirm that MTP, ADB, and Fastboot all work fine under Windows 8 Enterprise x64, and ADB and Fastbook work fine under Windows 8 Enterprise N x64.


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes