[HOW TO] get your AT&T phone onto ICS Leak #1 - Process Updated 11/11/2012
Ok everyone the leak is here!
I have tested it all day and it works very well, very smooth.
Don't post here if you are having issues with this leak itself. If you have issues with the process then by all means post in here with the issue.
So this is a how to with all the files needed being posted in here as well.
1) FXZ back to full 100% stock 2.3.6, ONLY if you were ON GB to begin with!!! If you started on the ICS OTA, then do not attempt this, you will Brick!!!
2) Download the file below called Blur_Version.55.13.25.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip and copy it to the root of your SDcard (it does not matter how it gets there)
3) Boot into stock recovery (power off, then while the phone is off hold both the Vol up and Vol down button, right in the middle, then hold the power button until you see the boot menu, then highlight recovery with the Vol down button, and select with the Vol up button).
4) Get to the recovery menu (you should see an android with an exclamation point, at this point) by holding the Vol up and Vol down button, then the menu will pop up, select install from /sdcard, then select the Blur file from the root of your sdcard, and tell it to flash it. You will flash a new recovery and see a droid laying down with it's belly open and red exclamation point, this is normal, just hit both Vol up and Vol down again to get the menu and select to flash from sdcard again and choose the same Blur file as before.
5) Boot into ICS, and root using the zip below, you will connect the phone to your computer and use the root.bat (unzip this folder to your desktop) for windows and root.sh for linux/mac.
Fxz back to 2.3.5 from ICS, ONLY USE THIS METOD:
Please do not post anything in this thread but install issues. DO NOT ASK IF YOU SHOULD UN-ROOT OR IF YOU CAN STAY ROOTED, OR IF YOU DID THE FXZ YESTERDAY ARE YOU OK. Follow the instructions above, or don't if you don't you will NOT get support.
Note: I am not responsible if you bootloop. brick or wreck your phone, or if your girl leaves you cause you play with your phone too much because of this. You are doing this of your own free will!
You will most likely not be able to get the "real" OTA while on this leak, and since the BL is going to be the same, you may not be able to install the "real" OTA at all, so when it comes out you will need to give the devs time to make it work for anyone who installed this. Again no complaints about this either, your dev team will find a way to make it work. You just need to give us the time needed when it comes out if there are any issues.
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS
"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"
If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.