Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Does anybody use Go Launcher?

OP kettlepot

18th July 2012, 08:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 8

14 posts
More
I'm using Go Launcher right now, and I'm pretty satisfied. Is there any better theme app than this? what apps do you use for your theme?
Last edited by kettlepot; 18th July 2012 at 08:15 AM.
18th July 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 5

33 posts
I really like go sms pro and a few others They make a lot of decent apps, all highly customizable. I used go launcher before I got CM9. As for others? Idk.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
18th July 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 18

77 posts
I used Go with my Droid X and Liberty and loved it. Since this is my first HTC I've been giving sense a try, but the thing that drives me nuts is the home screen only sits vertical, where as Go works either or.

I never did theme mine, the craziest i got was enabling some of the cool page transition graphics. I'm starting to lean toward Go again, esp if i can get the sense clock/weather 4x1 widget. I have to say i love that thing a lot.

Void4ever
22nd July 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #4  
Flag Denton, Md
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by void4ever

I used Go with my Droid X and Liberty and loved it. Since this is my first HTC I've been giving sense a try, but the thing that drives me nuts is the home screen only sits vertical, where as Go works either or.

I never did theme mine, the craziest i got was enabling some of the cool page transition graphics. I'm starting to lean toward Go again, esp if i can get the sense clock/weather 4x1 widget. I have to say i love that thing a lot.

Void4ever

Being only vertical is what drives me nuts about Sense. If there was a way for the homescreen to be auto orientation, then Sense would be all I need.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium
23rd July 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #5  
Flag Denton, Md
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
I have tried Go Launcher, but I don't like the menu bar on bottom eating up my screen space.

Last edited by elvee68; 23rd July 2012 at 12:11 AM.
24th July 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 109

1,622 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvee68

I have tried Go Launcher, but I don't like the menu bar on bottom eating up my screen space.

Same with me, that's a waste of space. Apex launcher doesn't have that black menu bar. Not sure about other launchers.
25th July 2012, 01:07 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
I used it in the past but found it "choppier" then other options. ADWLauncher EX is my go-to nowadays. never had a problem with it.
25th July 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

249 posts
I'm trying it right now. It seems to be the only one that I can find that offers a 5 column app drawer and allows resizable widgets for free.
It seems pretty fast, there is choppiness every now and then but that is usually when I'm running other stuff at the same time.

The biggest downside is the Honeycomb menu bar. I emailed the developer about this issue, hopefully they will take care of it since it is a fairly simple fix. If some of you like it too (except for the menu bar), I'd encourage you to email them and complain. The more complaints the higher the chances of a fix. golauncher@goforandroid.com
3rd October 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 27

178 posts
I tried most launchers and the one i like the most is Nova Launcher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium
7th October 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 155

448 posts
+1 for Nova

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread