Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jelly bean 4

Tip us?

feadolphus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Jelly bean 4

I have downloaded Jelly Bean 4 for HTC Incredible to test it out. I have noticed that some apps from the market will not download. One app is XDA. When it downloads then tries to install it says "couldn't install on usb storage or sd card". Any help would be great. I would ask the developer but xda will not allow me to post on the thread which sucks too.

roflhorse
Old
Thanks Meter 18
It's an alpha version. Expect a lot of stuff to not work yet. You are better off waiting for them to develop it further.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to roflhorse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Albinoman
Old
Thanks Meter 893

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by feadolphus View Post
I have downloaded Jelly Bean 4 for HTC Incredible to test it out. I have noticed that some apps from the market will not download. One app is XDA. When it downloads then tries to install it says "couldn't install on usb storage or sd card". Any help would be great. I would ask the developer but xda will not allow me to post on the thread which sucks too.
The xda app installed fine for me.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda premium
If you like my work please donate! Logcat or it didn't happen- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238
The Following User Says Thank You to Albinoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevman8396
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by feadolphus View Post

What I did was go into the system settings and then storage, unmount your SD card and then install XDA. After installation go back in and remount the SD card. It worked for me. I am assuming it will work for any other apps you are not able to install
The Following User Says Thank You to kevman8396 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feadolphus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Unmounting the SD worked for me. Thank you.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app

feadolphus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Red face Jelly bean alpha 4 htc incredible

One thing I noticed is that I am having problems downloading ROMs from XDA using Chrome or the stock browser. I am going to download and install Alpha 5 and GAPPS and see how they work. More to come. I am trying to post as much as possible to be able to post in other test spots too.

Zimeron
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Any idea what's different in Alpha 5? No changelog was posted.

Albinoman
Old
Thanks Meter 893

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimeron View Post
Any idea what's different in Alpha 5? No changelog was posted.
I fixed root, made it a little faster and Bluetooth might work.

If you like my work please donate! Logcat or it didn't happen- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238
The Following User Says Thank You to Albinoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dezier11
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hey Albinoman, I just flashed alpha 4 yesterday and alpha 5 this afternoon, great work! I appreciate all the hard work and would love to help out with development anyway possible.

I did just notice that 'System settings -> About phone -> Mod version' is still listed as Alpha-4. I just wanted to check that I actually did flash Alpha 5 and it just didn't get the version updated. I double checked the zip files and made sure I flashed the right one (did it a second time to be sure), wiped data/cache, etc, but it still shows Alpha-4. Is this correct?

Thanks again, I will be following your ROM closely

Albinoman
Old
Thanks Meter 893

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezier11 View Post
Hey Albinoman, I just flashed alpha 4 yesterday and alpha 5 this afternoon, great work! I appreciate all the hard work and would love to help out with development anyway possible.

I did just notice that 'System settings -> About phone -> Mod version' is still listed as Alpha-4. I just wanted to check that I actually did flash Alpha 5 and it just didn't get the version updated. I double checked the zip files and made sure I flashed the right one (did it a second time to be sure), wiped data/cache, etc, but it still shows Alpha-4. Is this correct?

Thanks again, I will be following your ROM closely
Ya I forgot to change it. Its still alpha 5