Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gameloft working on tegra 3 optimization!!!!

Tip us?

joewong1991
Old
Thanks Meter 1,093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr View Post
Are Gameloft games now optimized for Tegra 3?
Yes they removed most the effects

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

The-Last-Hylian
Old
Thanks Meter 489
Quote:
Are Gameloft games now optimized for Tegra 3?
NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewong1991 View Post
Yes they removed most the effects

That isn't optimizing, it's butchery!

Just look at Hamdir's thread on Wildblood & Gameloft optimization! You'll see it only uses one core out of all 12 on the HOX, that's not optimizing my friend...
Device: HTC One - ARHD 71.1 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat | HTC Sense 6.0 | TWRP v2.6.3.3
Nexus 7 - Stock

Feel free to Thank me anytime

Gaijintensity
HTC One (M8) - Mega Tech Discussion Thread >>
My Guide: The Ultimate Stock to Custom ROM awesomeness Thread - Noob Friendly

The Following User Says Thank You to The-Last-Hylian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Last-Hylian View Post
NO!

Just look at Hamdir's thread on Wildblood & Gameloft optimization! You'll see it only uses one core out of all 12 on the HOX, that's not optimizing my friend...
correction it uses 1 core out of 4 CPU cores i wasnt talking about GPU

CPU can be used to accelerate all the particles and physics processing, which GL chose to ignore the extra 3 cores

looking at Nova3 you can see its smooth but once you have around 3 enemies with their phsycis simluation, it lags bad, the CPU is the ideal place to deal wtih physics and ragdoll but yea, what can i say, its GL, they are spoiled and like the GPU to do all the job and not bother with multithreaded coding
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sharpshooterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I wonder if the extra 200 mhz in the HOX+ will help in this lag issue.

joewong1991
Old
Thanks Meter 1,093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Last-Hylian View Post
NO!

Its gameloft optimizing and i have been readin hamdirs post for awial now none if my game would be running as good without hamdir help

The Following User Says Thank You to joewong1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadehh
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
I wonder if the extra 200 mhz in the HOX+ will help in this lag issue.
I doubt it'll be a major improvement if at all. If you consider the fact that it will still be using one core.

I'm no expert in this field but one thing i can say for sure is that operating with just one single core is dependent on the type of game....and If gameloft games are more demanding as i assume in terms of graphics (i don't really game much if at all on phones) then using just that one core is ridiculous, especially if you consider the fact that we are talking about gaming and even further if we are talking about a GAMING PHONE with a quad-core.

dragonesdenano
Old
Thanks Meter 11,913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewong1991 View Post
Its gameloft optimizing and i have been readin hamdirs post for awial now none if my game would be running as good without hamdir help

You are right, @hamdir is all the tech web sites You May read in One person. And thanks god he is using Hox!!!

SkyDragon Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonesdenano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sharpshooterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
One thing I don't get is some Gameloft titles run ok on dual core phones but those exact same titles run laggy on quad core Tegra 3 phones. Can't remember exactly which games those are.

shadehh
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
One thing I don't get is some Gameloft titles run ok on dual core phones but those exact same titles run laggy on quad core Tegra 3 phones. Can't remember exactly which games those are.
It always comes down to optimization. With that i mean capable hardware, and i'm sure tegra 3, despite not having the greatest graphic hardware is capable

This can be seen in computer games benchmarks. Since i'm planning for a pc upgrade and i'm deciding upon a graphic card, i don't recall exactly which one that was. But there was an incident where a radeon graphic card hit a somewhat better score than the nvidia card. At that point i already thought i knew "hey, we have a winner here already"

..next page there was a game again, where nvidia had clearly beaten the radeon graphic card, where the frame difference was even bigger. Then in other games they performed similarly.

So really, optimization is what it comes down to for capable hardware.

nashshafrulrezza
Old
Thanks Meter 1,433

DONATE TO ME
Hahahahaha.. I'm really laughing out loud.. if this real.. no need for me and @Hamdir waste the whole week for Wildblood..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
I'm Nash, Team420 Members and BadSeed's Beta Tester.